Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 4.1 release - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Waiting hard to use any release date?????

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 2:01 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
learn the lessons of the past,

make clear whats wrong / needs adding
wait
complain about waiting
wait
download update
compain about it
return to step 1 and repeat

thats what everyone seems to do anyway lol

on a more useful note, i dont think there will be a release date this far off

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 2:37 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You want another countdown???

Well... NO!

There won't be any release date this time, (as usual) all users will have to wait and see ;)

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 9:45 am
alx2kPRO InfinityMember since 2004
LOL

sometimes I wonder if people want a better software or just an increased number in the splash screen

:P

This is my first post since v 4.0 release, so... I must say that v 4.0 works great for me, used in my desktop pc and on my laptop and both work great.

It's sad that other people in the forum have problems, but surelly there will be a solution of them.

BTW, I got on the post my TCVs today... 4 days... that was fast !

enjoy!

Alejandro

Posted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 10:29 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Good to hear that alx2k are very happy with his vdj 4 and everything is working ok.

There's no time for release of 4.1. We have to wait.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 6:47 am
Rem1xHome userMember since 2006
v4 release seemed to have backfired... no lie. some of us held back getting v3(v.4) to get v4 but when 4 came out didnt look to live up the hype. v4 took so long (over 6 months) to be released so we thought maybe u guys were perfecting it. the hype was there no doubt but complains were too much and scary.

then again maybe its the problem of the end users...
now some of us have been caught (again) deciding whether to wait for vista or go ahead and get vdj.

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 8:34 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@Rem1x -
Well your assessment would be true if the only people that used VDJ were the one that posted on this forum. VDJ's user base is much larger than what you see here. Also, when have you ever sat down to right an email or contact a vendor when you were satisfied with what you just got.

As for where to lay any blam one the problems posted about v4? It's a little of Atomix and some of it the Users. - It's a mix, but no one finger pointing at either one.

And as for waiting??? Vista vs VDJ, I don't understand the connection and why or what relationship Vista has with DJ'ng. But even though it hasn't happened, I would buy before the price get's increased.

cstoll

Posted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 9:00 pm
i have no problem with V4 i always had a problem with VDJ sound engine befor V4

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 1:24 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Version 4 is almost perfect. Most of the problems people post about are user errors.

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 1:40 am
abnorm wrote :
Version 4 is almost perfect. Most of the problems people post about are user errors.

not true.

There are known issues that are being brought up and delt with otherwise there would be version 4.0 final release... no more updates.

I am currently not using version 4 for gigs because of issues with Midi and my Ecler Nuo 4 mixer. It causes it to freeze and then I HAVE to restart my computer to get it going again.

I am anxiously awaiting version 4.1 now so I can comfortably use this great software on my paying gigs.

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 2:04 am
i think so too many user they sould check thie pc

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 2:54 am
I am happy with VirtualDJ 4.0. I dunno what people are having problems with?

Hercules DJ Console MKII
Dell Inspiron Laptop 1300 with 2GB RAM
Maya 44 USB
XP Home (never been on internet, NO Antivirus, no security patches, NO SP2)

Only problem I have is my damn laptop is not as good as my desktop so I have to turn down the master tempo a bit so it can keep up

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 2:54 am
u said it right

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 2:55 am
I have tried VDj 4.0 on 4 different computers. For the most part it works pretty well although the problems are different on each computer (except they all freeze the computer monitor when loading avi files, not so much with mpeg2).......... In the one club I originally bought it for it runs constanly playing videos from playlists from 11am 'til 2am in auto mode virtually unattended and it works fine (only had 3 crashes in last two weeks) and at the same club 2 nights a week with a DJ/VJ and it has only crashed twice in the same 3 weeks............I would like to try to use it 4 nights a week at the other club I DJ at (no video) but I get too many clicks and stutters on the music with the latency at 512 or 256 and latency at 1024 in my opinion is unacceptable. I use it with master tempo off. I have to be honest if it wasn't for the video capability I would never have bought it, audio only wise it has a LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLong way to go to be a realistic alternative to PCDJ FX. Why you ask?........(1) latency too high, (2) bpm scan not nearly as accurate, (3) pitch nudge not fine enough, no way to get 2 decimal places on the bpm's or % of pitch increase/decrease, (4) not nearly as stable, (5) record case is horrible, (6) sound still a bit distorted and not as clear as PCDJ

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 12:50 pm
@dj-e-lectric, you have valid points, but I'm not agreeing with you on some of the points you are mentioning:
1) Total Latency is caused by summing: sound card latency, Windows latency and music software latency (Like VDJ). If I don't use time code I use my Maya in kernel mode, which has about 3ms latency. Which is not noticable. I don't know what sound card you use?

2) Agree, could be better. My Pioneer mixer, which I use at home is more accurate as well

3) Pitch nudge, is in the standard setup too high in my opinion, so I just changed the shortcut values (Config menu->Keyboard shortcuts tab). I just lowered the value to a value I like, by expirimenting. You could also change the pitch_bend to nudge. This sounds a little different.
Changing the pitch is also in large steps by default, you could also change this yourself. In the skin, only 1 decimal is displayed, but smaller steps are possible.

4) Works stable for me from 2003 on. Just had 1 crash, caused by the crappy Hercules dj console mk1 drivers (driver version 1.0, later versions were improved and better).

5) Just your opinion. A statement like this is easy. I challenge you to write a post in the new features forum, with the exact description how you would like it to be. I could find all my songs easily with my folder structure and VDJ search.

6) Sound quality in VDJ4 is almost the same as my Denon cd players, so I'm happy with it.

Ewout

Posted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 3:37 pm
funnyb0nzPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
I agree with low-fat-al when multiple users (check software bugs) are expierencing the same problems, and worked fine in 3.4 the issue is going to be the software. And there is no blaming the dev team because it would be close to impossible for them to test every piece of hardware out there. If they did we would still be waiting for version 4.0.

Posted Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 1:21 am
Rem1xHome userMember since 2006
like someone suggested they shouldv thrown demo beta versions for v4 out locking major features here and there for each beta release.
that wouldv worked well for building the hype... instead of keeping it behind closed doors perfecting the program then releasing it the way it was released. i was hoping this v4 debuted with such a bang that wouldv rivaled pcdj red's stability.

up until now there's no user manual for some of use to salivate to. (im not talkin about software but) the debut couldv been done a lot better.

for v3 seemed most (95%) of the problems were user based.

Posted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 9:11 pm
I've got to say that I've not had any real problems with VDJ 4. Anything that's gone wrong has been because of my misunderstanding of what something should do. That would have been helped by issuing a manual with the product. Not knocking the VDJ staff because I know they were under a lot of pressure to get the program out before the EXpo, but it is essential to have a manual for a DJ software package. If this had been available a lot of the user discontent and confusion could have been reduced and it would have been clear that it wasn't the software, just the users not reading the manual.

But the main thing as far as I'm concerned is that the program works fine for me. I used my mobile rig last night, with a DAC-3 and it worked seamlessly. The most important improvement for me has got to be the sound quality. I played a set with some of my latest tracks I downloaded from Beatport as WAV files and the sound quality was absolutely immaculate. The software never stumbled all night either. My mixes were smooth as silk too - I hardly used my headphones, just matched with the DAC-3 jogwheels and listened through the main PA

Fantastic program. There's nothing to replace it for me. I know because I've got and tried most other packages including SSL. Won't go into the pros and cons of all the other packageshere but I'm just so pleased with VDJ4.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 11:02 am
I think some people need to appreciate exactly how ambitious VDJ is.

It is an extremely versatile piece of software, which offers alot more possibilties than its competitors.

Most of us (the users) have different requirements of VDJ, if we understand the configuration aspects we can normally have VDJ setup to suit our varied requirements.

It's a bit similar to the Microsoft situation, Microsoft Windows is always being critised for its apparent 'unstableness', but this i feel is due to Microsoft philosphy of versatility and their willingness to give us access to core parts of the operating system so that we can tweak and change aspects of it to suit our requirements and desires.

Take this ability to tweak, configure and adapt away, yes you will probably have a rock solid, stable & dependable piece of software, but you take away what was probably one of the deciding factors for which you bought the software in the first place... the versatility, the ability to tailor to your requirements and make it your own!

Stick with it VDJ Team... I love the way VDJ evolves, each time empowering us the User with even more possibilities!!

Don't get me wrong, stability is very important, especially for DJ software, but what im saying is i believe VDJ on the whole is stable, it's just easy for us to make it unstable due to all the deep control we're given via it's interface.

I think what the VDJ team will be working on for 4.1, will be making it more stable out of the box, it seems that at the moment VDJ 4 is not immediately stable for many users when first used, but with the right configuration changes it can be.

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 11:42 am
It's totally stable for me, but to be fair I only use it for Audio and my laptop doesn't have much in the way of other programs on it and certainly none that run in the background, hitting in from time to time.

A

Posted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 1:16 pm
95%