Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: WHATS THE DEAL!!!! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

im having some major problems with v4 the video transitions arent working, it only syncs the first 3 songs i mix, the gain is not working right, the master tempo is the opposite than how you all said to work it, v4 crashed during my gig. I THOUGHT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE "BUG FREE"

Posted Mon 28 Aug 06 @ 10:36 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
unlucky mate

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 12:42 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
indeed

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 1:58 am
I guess that there are many us around that just can NOT get it to work.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 3:02 am
do you know how embrarassing it is to have a song go in an uncontroled loop and have to say "im having some sort of a problem" and not get paid. THERE GOES MY F*****G REP

thank you atomix

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 3:21 am
All those HYPE with "RElease Coundown":-)and now a lot of dissapointet USERS.Iám a user of ATOMIX since the beginning.And with every release it was the same shit!Why to we always have to do "YOUR TESTWORK" after the release?????:(

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 3:26 am
Because there will always be idiots like us that fall for the hipe & then they say we 're working on it.Why didn't they just say that there are some bugs get at your own risk or don't make all this noise about for sale at the dj expo only & a few days later to download.Just put it out when it was ready & leave the 3.4 out ther.From what I hear that the 3.4 was working great.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 3:41 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
There is no "bug free" software, but for this release we (vips) tested it for long time.
I can say the last betas and the final are very stable, at least i didnt had or have a crash, with -8 hours- sets in daily basis this summer.
But i don't do video, and avoid to use the new cpu hungry master tempo.
Also i avoid to load big files, (maybe you loaded a big video and crashed ?)
This way it is stable for me.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 3:53 am
But this software is for music file,video files & cd&g files or was I told the wrong thing.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 4:12 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dj arnold wrote :
im having some major problems with v4 the video transitions arent working, it only syncs the first 3 songs i mix, the gain is not working right, the master tempo is the opposite than how you all said to work it, v4 crashed during my gig. I THOUGHT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE "BUG FREE"

Ok, instead of just stating this is wrong, that is wrong - give some details? Have you tried adjusting the performance settings? What kind of sound card do you use? What don't you understand about the interface?

dj arnold wrote :
do you know how embrarassing it is to have a song go in an uncontroled loop and have to say "im having some sort of a problem" and not get paid. THERE GOES MY F*****G REP

thank you atomix

As for this, your Welcome? Not really! If you take the risk of using the software at a gig and don't understand it's changes and modifications that's your call. Not Atomix fault. I know everyone once the out-of-box and run, run, run. But all of us have different setups and different qwerks that need resolved. I mean come on, why is it I can install Windows on any machine and it works fine (to include DJing with it) - but it seems like 2 out of about evey 5 people I meet have problems with the O/S and all they do is surf the net and send emails.

So please don't take all this the wrong way... let us help.

cstoll

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 5:13 am
ok i apologise but i just cant belive what happened to me, ive been stressed out about my business ever since

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 6:35 am
while im mixing i like to sync a song into another but it only syncs the first 3or4 songs and it wont sync (even if i sync lock or "real beat sync"). my transitions arent working i activate but no checkmark comes on and will not activate, sometimes when im mixing and load a track from the oppisite deck playing(even though i select gain always match)it doesnt match and sounds real low in volume, and i just cant get the master tempo to disable the "timestrech" even with the keylock,im just trying to have the timestrech off no mater what i do, and,not stated but i realy would like the cdj1000 version 4 so show the percent it is being slowed or sped up like the pioneer cdj1000 & djm 300. my djing style is screwed & chopped(slowed down & beatjuggled,[or skip beated]10%, 15%, to 20% slowed down and supposed to sound deep without being timestreched, beatjuggled or skip beated 1/2, 1, to 2 beats skiped or juggled (which is reason im always asking to be able to have skip beating half as a function) thats really all i want in vdj
id apreciate if you all could teach me to add those functions but i understand its not easy

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 6:44 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dj arnold wrote :
while im mixing i like to sync a song into another but it only syncs the first 3or4 songs and it wont sync (even if i sync lock or "real beat sync").

Don't understand this one, I have tested it and it sync fine for me after several songs. What are the settings in the Config, Options tab for - Auto BPM, DisEngage Beatlock and what Pitch Range are you using? Also, are you Left or Right clicking on the SYNC button and are you using the 'B' keyboard shortcut to activate the true BeatLock.

dj arnold wrote :
my transitions arent working i activate but no checkmark comes on and will not activate,

What check mark? Video transitions? I am assuming in the drop down on the skin is the check mark.

dj arnold wrote :
sometimes when im mixing and load a track from the oppisite deck playing(even though i select gain always match) it doesnt match and sounds real low in volume,

I assume you are talking about the 'clone' feature. I tried it with a couple of tracks and with it set to Always Match in the Auto Gain of the Config, Options and it worked fine for me. The only time I got what you described was when I had Auto Gain - disabled and I loaded a track that was a poorly made MP3, like 96kps or 64kps. { I keep them around for testing }

dj arnold wrote :
and i just cant get the master tempo to disable the "timestrech" even with the keylock,im just trying to have the timestrech off no mater what i do

Keylock and MasterTempo are the same in V4.0 so with one off the other is off, don't ever activate it and everything will always sound real deep and slow or the chipmunks and fast.

dj arnold wrote :
, and,not stated but i realy would like the cdj1000 version 4 so show the percent it is being slowed or sped up like the pioneer cdj1000 & djm 300.

This is a skin thing, in the default skin you can click on the BPM for each track and see the pitch differences. Other skins, you will have to ask that in the skin forum.

dj arnold wrote :
my djing style is screwed & chopped(slowed down & beatjuggled,[or skip beated]10%, 15%, to 20% slowed down and supposed to sound deep without being timestreched, beatjuggled or skip beated 1/2, 1, to 2 beats skiped or juggled (which is reason im always asking to be able to have skip beating half as a function) thats really all i want in vdj

As for the 1/2 beats, I know others have asked and I hope that the Dev Team will consider it in the 4.1 or a future release. As for the timestretch vs keylock, I think this is where playing around more with the key lock can make the chopped and screwed effect so much easier.

For example - disengage the Key lock, drop a track down 15% (slow), Engage (Lock) the Key Lock and now pitch back up to 0, sound is deeper but tempo is 0. Is this close?

Sorry if I am off on the chopped and screwed concept - not my thing.

I hope everything else I have provided is starting to help? Stick with it and have faith.

cstoll

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 7:33 am
dj arnold wrote :

thank you atomix

from the way you talk, i'd say your rep probably went a long time ago. if you aren't prepared to encounter the odd hiccup, then use vinyls. however, if you wanna move with the times then understand that problems occur with new technology. when i've been djing i've had cdj's cutout on me, amps blow, speakers blow, needles skip straight across a whole track, plus other problems. do you think anyone remembers those incidents but me?? no.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 6:15 pm
dj arnold wrote :
while im mixing i like to sync a song into another but it only syncs the first 3or4 songs and it wont sync (even if i sync lock or "real beat sync").

you use the sync functions?? sh*t, there goes your f**king rep! ;)

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 6:17 pm
lol ;)

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 6:30 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think most of the so called problems come from us not knowing exactly what a lot of the new functions are, and how to properly set up our individual systems. Also I can sort of understand the frustation by some people because of all the hype V 4 received. I know myself I thought it was going to be an easy transition to V 4. Not true( for me anyway) it's like learning the program all over again. I have only been using V4 on my desktop and so far it been fine. (minor things) Maybe in a week or so I will install it on my gig system and give it a go.
ALso when the new user guide is available I think it will help us all. And as always if we post questions I believe someone with more knowledge will guide us along.
Just hang in there!

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 7:49 pm
While I understand, and frankly agree with, the argument one should not gig with software just out the door I do feel the general tone of the 'VIP' members and team was that it was tested to death and super stable/solid/dependable.

So now that it turns out it's not, do not start this turn around and blame people for trusting your previous statements. And IMO being a beta tester does not mean you use the software for months while avoiding the possible pitfalls. Beta testing is serious stuff and not something anyone can handle. It should IMO certainly not be a job put into the hands of people just because they are a 'VIP' member.

I find it odd the first 15 minutes I sit down with the software I find a number of problems and IMO shortcomings/oversights. These are in part your fault if you selectively use the software and not actually do beta testing.

Do any of the 'VIP' members know what is required for proper beta testing? As someone who has been doing this for many, many years for both hard- and software I can safely say it's a job not well done and many of the current issues could/should have been caught by the testers, some of them can be expected to creep up when the product goes out the door. And yes I am saying I blame the betatesters for the current issues more then I do the development team. They trust the testers to bring up issues which need to be fixed before release! That is what they are there for!!

IMO a beta tester should do his very best to try and break the software.. throw anything at it that might do the job, create an environment where it could well go wrong..

The whole situation very closely resembles the release of PCDJ VRM where a select few did the 'beta-testing' and all hell broke loose when they released it (early).

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 7:53 pm
your're a bit right paul...

I wish beta testing was done even better, after seeing some of the issues some had with 4.0

I would actually even like you as a beta tester, just kinda hard as you seem very tight with DjDecks ;)

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 8:40 pm
If you are looking for beta tester volunteers I would like to sign up. I use Dj software live 5 nights a week (and numerous hours afterhours). I am be no means a programmer, just a serious user and bewho can give you feedback from that end user perspective. Also since I seem to use things and view things a bit differently than your average bear I will quite often come across a bug or two that others may never run across............just a thought if interested.

Posted Tue 29 Aug 06 @ 9:41 pm
80%