Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Karaoke CDG Help! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

How do I get a Cdg to play the video portion,I have typed in cdg as a extension and selected
karaoke cdg/zip and I enabled the check box in the video config. I Know my plextor drives will read and write cdg.Not sure what I'm doing wrong. P@40

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 12:36 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I don't think you can play an actual CD+G disc in virtual DJ...

If you have MP3+cdg files, it will play with CDG as a video, but if you play the MP3, it only plays the audio part. That's probably what's screwing you up.

If you zip up the files, you have to add in zip as an extension with the karaoke cdg setting... then you don't have to worry about loading the correct file in order to get graphics.

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 2:42 am
I'm going to try VDJ for karaoke tonight for the first time,I have been using Sax N Dotty's for the last two years.It would be nice to have just one program running. Wish me luck. P@40

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 2:59 am

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 7:11 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
@Pirate how did it work out for ya?

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 7:23 pm
phillydj wrote :
@Pirate how did it work out for ya?

Philly It worked out great.I could here a huge improvement in the sound quality of VDJ over the Winamp based Sax n Dotty program,I don't think that I could go back to using SnD.I'll keep it on as a backup.Last night were our semi-finals for a karaoke contest that started in May. I had 11 singers that we weeded down to just 4 for Sept.
It was nice to operate one program for playing music,karaoke and I also played a few videos.
I do hope that down the road our VDJ programers will add the abiltiy to write in singers names over in the sidelist,and maybe add a good key changer.Thanks for asking P@40

Posted Sun 13 Aug 06 @ 11:44 pm
The reason I was wondering if VDJ would play a cdg from a disc is because if someone brings in their own cdg I would be able play it with VDJ and not have to lug around a three disc CDG player.Currently the only program that I know of that will play a CDG is Microstudio 2.613 Software. P@40

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 12:16 am
yeah unfort. VDj wont play cdg disc, even though I have over 40,000 cdg's without doubles certain people want to sing of there own version ex. legend, chartbuster, dkkaraoke, most of mine are soundchoice so it would help a bit to read the disc.

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 1:47 am
Couldnt you rip the cdg disk on the fly? During the ripping process, you let some others singers sing. When it is finished you introduce the singer of the disc you just have ripped.
Ewout

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 6:17 pm
Superstom wrote :
Couldnt you rip the cdg disk on the fly? During the ripping process, you let some others singers sing. When it is finished you introduce the singer of the disc you just have ripped.
Ewout

I don't know might have to try that,thanks Superstom.
P@40

Posted Mon 14 Aug 06 @ 11:02 pm
I think your wrong about saxndotty,it the best karaoke program around, i too have used saxndotty for over two years,what version are you running,,you need ver 3.145 which is digital entainer pro or 2.2 if you use show presenter which is two seperate softwares fron snd..I love virtual dj to do the dj portion of my karaoke shows and use digital entainer for my karaoke..they work fine togather.no problem and no cdg will not play in virtual dj but will play if you add the plug in cdg_plug in which is downloaded from winamp and cost you about 24.00

Posted Sun 27 Aug 06 @ 6:33 pm
Pirate at 40 wrote :
Superstom wrote :
Ewout

I don't know might have to try that,thanks Superstom.
P@40

HEY Superstom I tried this out,I ripped a disc while playing a karaoke song using audiograbber and version 4.0,no problem,copy came out good and music never glitched.I'm using a Dell Laptop.Luckly my cd drive would read a CDG. Thanks for the idea, P@40

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 5:32 am
jimmy joe wrote :
I think your wrong about saxndotty,it the best karaoke program around, i too have used saxndotty for over two years,what version are you running,,you need ver 3.145 which is digital entainer pro or 2.2 if you use show presenter which is two seperate softwares fron snd..I love virtual dj to do the dj portion of my karaoke shows and use digital entainer for my karaoke..they work fine togather.no problem and no cdg will not play in virtual dj but will play if you add the plug in cdg_plug in which is downloaded from winamp and cost you about 24.00

Jimmy Joe I have Show presenter 2.2 and love it,best Karaoke program around,but I don't DJ with winamp,and I don't want to KJ with winamp.VDJ 4.0 has a sound quality that blows Winamp out the Bar door,LOL. Later Dude P@40

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 5:36 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I've hosted karaoke a bit, and usually if some annoying anal retentive person insists on singing off their own CD, I'll be nice enough to rip it... then they don't have to bring the disc in again. You can get and use audiograbber for free, and it's pretty easy to rip Karaoke CD+Gs with it.

That's what I'd do. Some older/slower computers might not like to rip CDs while DJing though... make sure you have at least a Gig of ram if you're attempting this!

(And an aside, I absolutely hate trying to play people's CDs... People bring in a disc rattling around on their dirty car dash that occasionally gets used as a coffee coaster, or has been on the floor of the passenger's side for three months, and they bring it in and expect you to play it without it skipping :P)

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 5:55 am
Supacon wrote :
I've hosted karaoke a bit, and usually if some annoying anal retentive person insists on singing off their own CD, I'll be nice enough to rip it... then they don't have to bring the disc in again. You can get and use audiograbber for free, and it's pretty easy to rip Karaoke CD+Gs with it.

That's what I'd do. Some older/slower computers might not like to rip CDs while DJing though... make sure you have at least a Gig of ram if you're attempting this!

(And an aside, I absolutely hate trying to play people's CDs... People bring in a disc rattling around on their dirty car dash that occasionally gets used as a coffee coaster, or has been on the floor of the passenger's side for three months, and they bring it in and expect you to play it without it skipping :P)

thats so true , I almost had a disc break inside my cd-rom because it has a crack, that i didn't notice, luckily I heard it spinning off balance

Posted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 6:02 am
JabloePRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have been using sax & Dottys 2.2 and like it, unfortunatly it can only be installed on one laptop. I recently wanted to put in on a back-up laptop and find that they came out with a new version 3.0 which I don't like as much as 2.2. Does anyone know where I can get another copy of version 2.2? The Sax & Dottys site is only offering 3.0 which is higher priced

Posted Wed 05 Dec 07 @ 9:53 am
Is there a tut that will explain how to zip mp3+cdg files for use in VDJ. I am trying to go with a AiO setup instead of using 3 proggies for gigs. any help would be appreciated

Posted Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 8:35 am
why wont vdj play zip mp3+g files. it is not showing words correctly.

Posted Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 10:55 am
Ok guys, I'm old, 62, and slow. Been using winamp on xp and can't stand working with the antique anymore. Been reading the conversations about zipping and don't understand. Plus, how would I zip 66,000 cdgs? Wanna use VDJ for my KJ but I'm lost.

Posted Tue 17 Sep 13 @ 3:24 pm
This is a very old topic from 2007 (Nearly 6 years old!) and most likely no-longer applies to the latest version.

You don't need to zip karaoke files to play them in VirtualDJ. It can play standard MP3+G karaoke regardless of whether it is zipped or not. In fact, it's generally better for them to not be zipped (Hard disk space nowadays it not normally a problem, so zipping isn't really necessary.) If the files currently play in WinAmp, then they should also work in VirtualDJ too.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about karaoke in VirtualDJ can be found at the bottom of our FAQ pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/FAQ.html

NOTE: VirtualDJ Home FREE is for non-commercial home use only and cannot be used at gigs where you are being paid. You will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional to use VirtualDJ for full-screen karaoke: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Tue 17 Sep 13 @ 3:46 pm
87%