Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: virtual dj asio - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I cant believe they cannot understand ASIO support.Nothing is right. The headphone support sucks . I have a motu 828 and each chanel is a left and right chanel but virtual dj doesnt support that. Also it doesn't support mic out for my sound card.So what good is something if they dont know how to write the software. They need to see how something is suppose to work before they start screwing with it.I hope you ask next time to make sure you do what we want and not what you think we want.

Posted Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 12:42 am
I just did a check virtual dj 2 doesnt have full asio support it only has mme windows support. So this is not good. Tell us lies because you think we are so stupid not to check.

Posted Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 1:01 am
I finaly got the asio driver support to work but it isn't correct but it does work.It combined channel 3 & 4 on channel 4 .And the combined channel 5 & 6 on 6 . That means less plugs to do the same work .

Posted Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 1:57 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
digitalmdj
it is a huge step programing wise to go from WMD support to ASIO. this is the first release with asio support and will not be perfect yet, they need the feedback of customers so that they can correct what is needed.
why instead of insulting the company dont you surgest what can be done to improve it so in future releases you have the tailored support that you want

Posted Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 2:00 am
It is also a good idea to explore all angles you can before 'flying off the handle'. After the 1st two post in this thread I began to think bad things about our diligent Atomix development team [:o) Not !

Posted Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 4:45 am
They dont have it right and they are not going to ask what to do. Its not in their nature virtual dj pro was suppose to be their product instead it was someone elses product they were selling just another name.Stienberg owns the rights to ASIO support . Unless they pay for the rights they will never get it right.

Posted Sun 20 Jun 04 @ 4:39 pm
digitalmdj,

i think that others agree with me that you sound like a teenager claiming 'nothing is right'.

consider all the new features and fixes the VDJ added in VDJ2.0 (so alot of things ARE right!) I think you are not being thankful very much.

for me, it was a bit of dissapointment too: in VDJ 2.0, ASIO should be supported, but it didn't work with Hercules console in ASIO mode. The developersteam told me that they will work on that, so it's just a matter of time. i have full confidence they WILL get it right.

i am very glad that the vdj-team is adding ASIO-support into VDJ in the first place.

Posted Mon 21 Jun 04 @ 9:54 am
Are you the one that was so sure they would have virtual dj pro ready back in January . Now its almost july and nothing as of yet. And now its july and what is going to happen? Just like everthing else hurry up and wait. If they want ASIO to work they have to purchace the tech from Stienberg .

Posted Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 12:16 am
DigitalMDJ

Clearly you know much more about this than the VDJ team...if your so knowledgeable why don't you produce something better.

I don't think I could be more delighted with the changes they have made in V2.0 - the reason I was convinced to buy it at last.

I too am sure that they will sort out any problems you may have if you're prepared to ask them rather than hurl abuse at them publicly...what sort of support does that show infront of all the other software companies. Very poor netiquette on your part I'd say and I'm sure almost everyone else would agree?

Give them a chance.
VDJ is relatively young.

Posted Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 3:52 am
i rest my case :)

Posted Tue 22 Jun 04 @ 7:33 am
after checking out vdj 2.02 i noticed that ASIO does work with my Maya EX usb-card.

That's a good start. But... i have bought official ASIO-drivers at http://www.usbaudio.com.
i installed them on my system and booted up VDJ.

i have configured vdj to use 1 single soundcard (usb-Asio) with an external mixer and checked the 7.1 option. channels 1 and 2 of the maya-EX are working fine providing superB audio-quality, but channels 3, 4, 5 and 6 are not working at all :((((( i tried several settings in VDJ.

When i removed the Asio-drivers from the maya-EX, all 6 channels started working again in VDJ Direct-X mode.

other applications (like Cubase, Adobe premiere-pro and Wavelab) work perfectly with these Asio-drivers using all-6 channels.

I wonder if the support-staff could have a close look at this issue? i really like to use the Asio drivers for the outstanding audio-quality and it's stability ;) i think it's a small issue easy to resolve as it is simply not communicating to the right channels.

thanx in advance.

DJCannonball

Posted Mon 20 Sep 04 @ 9:58 am
i addition to my previous post. the current asio drivers from usbadio.com 2.53 :

channels 1 and 2 are working crystal clearly

the 2 channels that should be outputed to channels 3 and 4 are mixed to channels 1 and 2 on a low-level.

maybe this helps sorting out the problem.

regards

Posted Mon 20 Sep 04 @ 10:17 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Did you try the advanced audio setting?

I am not sure about 7.1 option with your sound card.
Please try without it.

Posted Mon 20 Sep 04 @ 10:47 am
thanx for the reply Kaleo!

I have tried that. (After 7 years of being professional ICT-troubleshooter, i may call myself an advanced pc user ;)

the 7.1 option is needed in order to use more than 2 audiochannels out of 1 single soundcard. Also if you want, for example Hercules console to hookup to an external mixer, you need to check the 7.1 option.

i have also tried the advanced setup. VDJ only 'sees' 2 channels of my maya-EX in asio mode. The sound that should come out channel 3 and 4 is redirected to channel 1 and 2 on a very low volume. there is absolute no output on 3,4,5 and 6.

but the audio-quality itself is SuperB ;)

Posted Mon 20 Sep 04 @ 11:02 am
i posted the asio-issue 7 days ago to support-staff.
ticket 1095675710.

after a few days it had the status 'read by staff'
i check the status every day.
so i did check it again today, now the status is 'not read yet' ????

as it has been 7 days now.. i was wondering if someone of the support-staff could show any sign of life?

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 9:50 am
It seems like you are becoming believers one at a time. I have to say though my motu 828 works flawlessly . That because motu makes very good drivers .

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 12:42 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
my M-Audio Delta 410 also works flawlesly with both WDM, ASIO and ASIO 2 drivers

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 1:06 pm
@djcannonball (hi there, long time..)

support staff have been VERY busy last week because of promo activities in London and Paris.

but they are back now, and hopefully you will get a good reply very soon ;)

Posted Mon 27 Sep 04 @ 2:22 pm
yeah it has been a while Dj-in-Norway ;) (pssst i bought an XP10 :-ppp)

but i hope support will answer soon as it has been 8 days now :-s

Djzero.. if that's true, i will sell my mayaEX and buy 1 like you have

holdon.. isn't that a PCI-soundcard? i don't have free pci-slot on my laptop LOL

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 9:57 am
congrats with the xp10 Dj Cannonball ;) damn, I'm jealous... ;)
still playing around with the hercules.... *blush*

Posted Tue 28 Sep 04 @ 1:24 pm
69%