Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Members Photos - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

maxiusPRO InfinityMember since 2001
Dear MC Joosy

Vestex is a very big name in Profesional Audio Equipment and you will find their Consoles and Recorders in all the best recording studios around the world. However on the International DJ scene the is still only one name. TECHNICS SL1200 as used at the DCM DJ World Championships. The Black version is just as good, some Pro's are just a little fussy! REMEMBER!! Any deck is only as good as the needles you use. Get yourself "Ortophone Blue" They will even make Citronic sound GREAT!!! :)

Maxius

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 8:12 pm
Thanks for the reply mate, much appreciated. Looking at the prices of Technics and Vestax decks, the Technics are actually cheaper! Had a look in my little bank book and fainted, may have to wait a long time till I can buy some new turntables, so it's back to the Citronics for now, so your recommendation of a good needle is invaluable to me, thanks.

Until I can find the new needles and see the specs, could you tell me a few things about 'em? A mate of mine with more DJ'ing experience told me that every time I cue beats on my decks, I'm doing damage to the needles, would this be true of the ones you recommended and how long would they put up with the abuse for? A price would be nice too, so I know what I'm in for, I really do need new needles, mine are ancient. I'm a pretty violent cuer, if that's the right word, close to a scratcher when I get going...

Your opinion on Citronics decks compared to pro decks would be interesting too, if you don't mind. I personally can't tell much difference between mine and the Vestax decks I've used in a club, but then I'm quite new to this game.

Happy New Year and all that :o)

Joosey

Posted Fri 28 Dec 01 @ 1:48 pm
I found the needles after a search engine told me it was spelt 'Ortofon'. They are expensive things and so many to choose from. I didn't realise that the cartridges I knew of as 'Concorde' were actually Ortofon ones, I had been hoping to buy Concordes.

I see that some of the cartridges are listed as 'Spherical' and others as 'Elliptical'. I assume this refers to the shape of the end of the needle, but what difference does it make and which would be best for normal mixing - and MixMaster, I don't know why you're pretending to be me in the last post (you forgot to log out first LOL) but unlike you, my cueing isn't very violent, grrrrr. ;o)

Although the most hard-wearing needles would be best for me, I like to play around with skratching sometimes. I still think mixmasters question about citronics is good. Mixmaster, do you use citronics as well?! I thought it was just me, lol.

That's all from me,

MC Joosey

(notice the MC bit if you wanna sign my name again ;o)) Maybe I should register.... Do I get free health insurance and paid holidays if I do...?

Posted Fri 28 Dec 01 @ 2:10 pm
Hey, sorry about that man, I didn't mean to tread on your toes, I just asked a few questions I thought you might be interested in, don't know why I used your name, I just thought that it'd be more likely to get a response from Maxius, since it was to do with you in the first place.

I use Technic 1200's at home and I actually do use Vestax decks in the club, although I have to say I like both brands of turntables very much, there is very little difference between them, they're both quality products.

I'd definitely recommend concorde needles, they are superb quality and long-lasting. Although I think Maxius could tell you more about them, as he has far more experience than me, which is why I posted the questions under your name rather than answer them myself.

Oh yeah, I'll try to remember to log-out next time (not that there will be a next time, I was bad and got caught, I learned my lesson :o))

Peace and happy mixing,

MiXMaStEr

Posted Fri 28 Dec 01 @ 2:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)