Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Members Photos - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

maxiusPRO InfinityMember since 2001
First of all thanx to the Crew for listening to us and developing such an outstanding piece of sotware. I know we had some conflicts along the line but I can now say "It was well worth the wait"

I would like to ask if you guys could spare us a little bit of web space to place some pics of our gigs and members. I have some great pics of me using Atomix with a 1000 screaming fans (some of them where on the Ministry of Sound website a month ago) Have a look for yourself
http://communities.msn.co.uk/maxiusgigs

Keep up the GREAT work!
DJ Maxius UK

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 9:41 pm
That's an excellent idea.

Posted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 11:05 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
I don't agree. That's not the function of this site. Create your own website, put the photos over there, and wait till the visitors find your homepage (or put a link in the General Discussions channel, not in the Unknown Bugs one, or do you think you're a bug yourself? LOL ;-))

Greetz, ikke

Posted Fri 21 Dec 01 @ 5:53 pm
Actually it would be very good for this site, as it would show potential users that Atomix can be used very sucessfully at busy clubs. If I came on here as a new customer, and saw photos of DJ's mixing tunes for 2000 people using Atomixmp3, then I would be very impressed and most eager to buy the software.

Posted Fri 21 Dec 01 @ 9:13 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Just take a look at http://home.t-online.de/home/marcus.mattheis/abby1.jpg to ...abby13.jpg.

These are photos from a 700 people party with three vinyl DJ´s and me. They were very impressed and one of them now encodes all his 15000 vinyls to mp3 and copys them on his laptop. :-)

Posted Fri 21 Dec 01 @ 9:52 pm
Now I know whta your nick means! lol

Greetz, ikke

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 7:24 pm
? :-O

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 7:39 pm
Well, in dutch mama means mother, but now I saw it's the start of your name and your family name (or how do you say that?)

Greetz & merry Xmas, ikke

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 7:50 pm
Ikke..First of all I can only asume you are a bedroom DJ that has only played for your mates and you really think you know your stuff. You need to get out mate...play some tunes, take a croud of 5000 (my largest to date) up to a climax and bring the right down again using state of the art Audio/Visual equipment. I studied Sound Engineering at the University of Surrey and I have been in recording studios all around the world. I had my first Production Company when I was 20 (I am 26 now) and I have been on hundreds of Sound Rigs, Lighting Shows, Events and Parties since ever since. I have been to the Martin and Celestion factories in England as well as the recording studios of the BBC in London. I have been to most of the large Raves in the UK including Gatecrasher at the NEC Brimingham,The Ministry of Sound at the Elephant and Castle and Creamfields in New Castle. I mostly mix on my Technics SL1200 Decks but I think
Technology will take over Vinal in the end!

What I am saying is dont patrenize me because I placed the message in the wrong place man..
True Knowledge is knowing the extend of your own ignorance. (Confusius 400bC)

Maxius

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 8:13 pm
Wow maxius, great career! Can you mail me please at mama@atomixmp3.com! My brother is one of the best newcomer light men in germany. It would be great if you have a good job for him. He performed all over europe, except UK.

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 9:37 pm
Hi mama, i've finally seen your face...Now I'm really sure who I speak with professional djs...I make you compliments for the photos,there are beautiful!!!I'm starting to mix with my cousin when I was 13,he has "transmitted" to me this passion...I have mixed for 6 years with turntables and vinyl,but when I've casually found atomix mp3, I'm "falling in love" immediatly (if my girlfriend read this post,my life will be too short... :-))), and now,with my computer,I've made a lot of parties with this fantastic program!!!
Thanx,
Dj P@lox

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 10:46 pm

Posted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 11:45 pm
Wow, that hurts maxius. Sorry guy! I didn't meant to be mean or something. You really have a good CV, and yes, I'm just a bedroom DJ (or at some partys with at least 100 men), but doesn't almost every DJ has once started like this? I mean, I'm not 20 or 26 years old (I'm much younger), I'm still at highschool, so I can't study sound engineer or something (well, I'd like to start thos studys when I'm ready at school). Sorry.

Greetz & merry Xmas (especially for maxius), ikke

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 11:11 am
Ikke! Apology accepted mate. Everyone has to start somewhere and the sooner you start the better. I had my first gig at 15 and never looked back. I am curently planning my first Night Club and If all goes well it will be open by Desember 2002. Lighting is really my passion. I am drawn to it like a moth to a flame. I curently do Audio/Visual presentations for corporate functions and some of my clients include Coka Cola, Mercedes Benz, VW/Audi and Aventura Resorts. I have even done Sound for Nelson Mandela (2000)
So keep practising mate...and good luck!

Maxius

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 12:59 pm
That's the problem: you need luck! ;-) But I hope I'll get there, even if I have to wait 20 years ;-). Thanx a lot Maxius (isn't that the general in "Gladiator"?).
I hope you'll get loads of more jobs to do. Great work!

Greetz & (again ;-)) merry Xmas, ikke

Posted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 3:56 pm
Maxius, I see you use Technics 1200's... What do you think of the Vestax decks? I've used them and think they are very good, but I have limited experience with Technics, so can't make a fair comparison. I want to buy some new decks (I have old Citronics ones) but don't know whether to go for Technics 1210's or Vestax.

Cheers

MC Joosey

Posted Tue 25 Dec 01 @ 6:22 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
I personally tested a lot of decks... And the reference for vinyl desks is Technics !

Most of DJ's have Technics SL1200 (grey) or SL1210 (black)

I have Technics SL1200 desks and I'm reallt happy with them, I'll never buy other vinyl desks !

Maybe some other desks are better for the scratch because the arm is on the top instead of on the right. But if you want to mix, I really suggest you Technics desks. Try it yourself, you'll see the difference !

The Technics MKII desks have 20 years... And are always the best !

Note: I don't work for Technics :))

Posted Tue 25 Dec 01 @ 6:35 pm
I didn't mean which decks most DJ's use. I already know most people use Technics, but that doesn't mean better decks haven't been put on the market recently. Most people I know who have actually used the new Vestax decks, swear they are better than Technics.

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 12:10 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Do what you want, I just posted my point of view ! :))

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 5:58 am
Dear MC

Well on the international DJ scene Vestex is really doing much better than a few years ago. Your application would be the deciding factor in buying decks. For me (and the pro's like coxy, sasha and judge jules there is only one name as used at the DCM DJ World Championchips- TECHNICS SL1200 or SL1210. One important thing to remember is that even the best decks are useless without the propper needles. Get yourself "Ortophone Blue" They will make even Citronic Sound top notch... :)

Maxius

Posted Wed 26 Dec 01 @ 7:44 pm
83%