Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules DJConsole - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

jpearnHome userMember since 2003
Hi,

I've bought the Hercules DJConsole and it comes with the full version of Atomix Virtual DJ. However it does not list a serial number so I cannot access the plugins page to download extra plugins, can someone help ??

TIA

Jason.

Posted Thu 11 Dec 03 @ 2:41 pm
its a limited special edition and you have no serial

Posted Thu 11 Dec 03 @ 6:25 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Thu 11 Dec 03 @ 8:17 pm

Hi again,

Thanks for the info.

The software is great and is easily the best package to have with the console. Do I really have to purchase something (that I already own) on this website to enable myself to download the plug-ins ??

Thanks

Jason.

Posted Thu 11 Dec 03 @ 11:18 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
the version of vdj that is supplied with the controller is not a full version. You bought the controller, and a special edition of the software. If you want all the benifits of owning the full version, then yes, you have to buy the full version, just like everybody else.

Posted Thu 11 Dec 03 @ 11:42 pm

Thanks again for the info.

One of those things really, why should I buy something I won't use to get the additional support for something that already has the functions but the company won't allow it. It's a bit like having an OEM Windows XP without be able to install any software.

If an 'Upgrade' route was in place, it might seem more tempting than buying the full version, that won't be used.

I won't be the first person to ask this, and will not be the last, so I would hope the company will rethink it's OEM licensing policy, and adopt either an upgrade plan, or some way of allowing outside users to enjoy it's products to the maximum.

Jason.

Posted Fri 12 Dec 03 @ 12:03 am
I agree with jpeam.
Also, if the softawre is a special edition, it should have been mentioned - i for example, would have RE concider the buying of the DJ console if i have known that i will get only trials and full softawre.

Posted Sat 13 Dec 03 @ 1:12 am
Yep This sucks, the version I got with my Herc Dj Con. is V1.06 and I wanna upgrade but Noooooo,
its a special Edition ok so how much did I pay for this special edition? and can than be set against the full price of the full version?
food for thought I think!

Posted Sun 14 Dec 03 @ 3:55 am

Posted Sun 14 Dec 03 @ 4:43 am
Oh Right OOOPs sorry, spent two hours looking for the upgrade and just assumed there was none,

wood and trees me thinks

thanks for the support, sport, bet you get really p/o tho

Posted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 3:06 pm
Nope, not p/o at all.
BTW, you paid for the console. The special edition of VDJ was an extra, as was the versions you received of the other software products that came with it.

Posted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 3:29 pm
OjLenoHome userMember since 2003
I don't know about you guys, but I knew at least a month before it came out that the VDJ sofware was going to be special edition....

Posted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 7:28 pm
I see the titles have changed . . .

If I'm a non-licence user I should not be bound by any EULA or any other copyright agreements, i.e. I use a free copy, that should be distributable to all other non-license users, or am I wrong ??

Jason.

Posted Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 12:18 am
indy25Home userMember since 2003
Is there any difference between the demo version of VirtualDJ and the version that comes with the hercules??

I think it's pretty poor that the Hercules is marketed on the back of virtualdj with a cut back version of the software, and virtualdj pro having a full version of the software.

If it is a different version of the software to the deom, and atomix are getting paid for hercules shipping the program, then the consumer should be offered a discount for the software.

Reading on Hercules site, and I quote "Virtual DJ from Atomix Productions, a full professional DJ software suite" knida implies that the software is the full version, especially as it says that other versions are demo or "DJ version" of the software. I'm glad I've read the forums here and found out this is incorrect, and the problems people have had.

The build quality, and enhanced features of VirtualDJpro seem kinda limited compared to the fact that the hercules controller has two "decks" and mixing capabilities in front of you. Can the virtualdj pro be used as a mixer as well for those without external mixer??

Sory for the long rant. Seems like I'm not the first to have concerns about what initially looks like a good deal.

Posted Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 1:41 am
indy25Home userMember since 2003
OK, after reading the updates page, the version with the hercules is different to the demo, so presumably atomix is getting a cut for the software, so we are, in purchasing the hercules controller, purchasing a copy of VirtualDJ.

If this is the case, I believe we should be afforded the same functionality as people who have purchased over the website.

Posted Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 1:46 am
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I think the advertising is misleading, in that it does sound like you get the full version of VDJ, but then you do get a "full DJ package" with the bundled VDJ, it's just that it is not the full version of VDJ.

Personally I knew from the discussions on here that the bundled version was somewhat cut-down, and the software does do what I expected (and indeed need in DJ terms) but I do feel that some of the responses on behalf of (or apparently on behalf of) Atomix have almost implied that the Hercules owners are essentially getting a freebie and have no recourse to complain about anything. Trouble is, the Hercules owners believe they have paid at least something to Atomix as a result of buying the package, and thus feel annoyed to be treated that way.

I think Atomix have set the level of features just about right for bundled version, but would be wise/generous to offer a discounted upgrade path to the Hercules owners who want those extra features.

Posted Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 10:35 am
I couldn't agree more. Especially when the hobbled Herc’ DJ console version can't be fixed (yes Fixed) with the ID3 tag parser plug in. Already Traktor with a mouse gives me better results that VDJ- & DJ Console.

With the prospect that Traktor may soon work with the DJ console and Atomix wanting more money to "upgrade" to product that still can’t even cope with 130bpm+ (seems at least 2 generations behind the competition). Guess who will get my money……

Posted Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 10:55 pm
Think that's hercs advertising, not VirtualDJ's.
So Virtual DJ sells for 114.00 The console you bought sells for what... 250.00, or less... depending how good you shopped around.
Did you honestly expect a free full version of the software with the console? What about the other softs that came with it... are they full versions?
I didn't buy the console, so I really don't know.

You posting complaints in their forums?

Posted Thu 18 Dec 03 @ 11:32 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Here is a good question DjRick what about the other softs in the package? Are these limited versions or full?

FRUiT94

Posted Fri 19 Dec 03 @ 12:18 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've had the dj console for a few weeks now, and I've used it exclusively with virtualDJ-console-edition, IMHO it's by far the best software in the DJ Console box.

I'm really happy with virtualDJ-console-edition, I was not expecting more than what I got, I don't care if I cannot start the software without the console being plugged-in. It's totally usable as-is. So what if you don't get web access to the FX plugins? was it written on any ad that you would? no. It said "VirtualDJ specifically tailored for the DJ console". What you saw is what you got.

Now, here's what's really nice:
- these forums, where unlicensed (demo or djconsole) users are not discriminated against, unless they're being dicks.
- the fact that just a few days after the launch of the console (which shipped with slightly buggy 1.06 version of virtualDJ in the box), Atomix was kind enough to release a 1.07b patch for dj console users
- access to most skins

I personally don't feel like I've been cheated by either Hercules nor Atomix on this one.

Posted Fri 19 Dec 03 @ 12:45 am
49%