Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DVS with Serato CV drifting a bit
Hey what's up VDJ peeps. I have a gaming laptop that I run VDJ on pretty smoothly. It's 17in and it runs the program well. With that said, I've noticed that my cue points have been drifting when I'm looping/juggling. is there any settings I can change that will help fix that? I'm using Serato CV until my VDJ CV arrives from shipment. I had a Dell laptop I was using VDJ on and I didn't have that issue at all, but I can't remember what settings I'd fiddled with where it was fine. The Dell was lower spec than this gaming laptop is FYI. Thanks in advance for any help. L8r

Posted Fri 05 Jul 24 @ 7:34 pm
So you can start with the timecode options (See the Timecode section of the options list). Things like timecodeSilence (lesser value = more sensitive (but also to noise too)) would be things you might want to adjust. You do not want to touch the timecodeCalibrationVolume and timecodeCalibrationPhase - the Timecode tab's Calibration does the adjustment of that for you.

However, given you are a new user, it might be good to point the timecode part of the user manual.

In particular, by default, VirtualDJ uses the Smart mode, which tries to combine the good parts of Absolute and Relative. One thing I've noticed is that this mode is also a bit more sensitive to jumps/skips of the needle than Relative mode - there is a setting that attempts to swallow jumps (timecodeAntiSkip, default = 3) by a maximum number of grooves, and if you jump outside of this, it sort of moves to a different position in the track, like Absolute mode. You can try using Relative mode (which behaves similarly to what you expect in Relative mode in Serato) or maybe increasing the timecodeAntiSkip to a larger number of grooves if you don't want this (I think this setting only affects Smart mode).

Overall though, I think you'll find, if you practice enough with Smart mode, your touch will become better and jumps become less over time (at least that's what I have found).

Also, take a look at this if you are transitioning from Serato:

Posted Fri 05 Jul 24 @ 8:06 pm
In addition, probably just set the scratch and pitch quality settings to their best (if you do experience problems, lower them back to what they were):

• pitchQuality = 4 (best)
  • scratchFilterQuality = 32 (best)
  • timecodePitchSliderIgnoreBend = false (fastest DVS response to pitch slider changes)

If you use CDJs/other non moving platters:

• touchWheelForwardspin = true

Posted Sat 06 Jul 24 @ 3:51 pm