Topic: Rane Four waveform not loading on Deck 3 and 4 - Page: 2
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
maybe a dev fix is needed, but you could try this on a custom button
rescan_controllers

***edit^^^wrong^^^
PhantomDeejay wrote :
it's reinit_controller

***/edit

or maybe it's a case of windows taking control of the device that is stopping vdj, [that would be a windows sound config issue]

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 6:05 pm
as in assign a button to that command? :) I dont have an extra button lol Right now I just have to shutdown VDJ and reload and its fine
I just wanted to put it on y'alls radar.

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 6:23 pm
We will investigate further into this, but actually it's reinit_controller that will bring screens back on line

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 8:14 pm
I got an update to 8263 and stems is not working most of the time. Split stems has some weird behavior too when trying to scratch the vocal or instrumentals. Did y'all change something with stems on the new early release?
Thanks in advance

Posted Sun 21 Jul 24 @ 4:50 am
Regarding stems split, nothing really changed.
As for stems in general, yes, the device now supports stems on EQ controls (requires latest firmware)
Further details are included on the updated manual:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/rane/four.html

In a nutshell, you can now use SHIFT+PFL buttons on a deck to toggle the EQ knobs between controling frequencies (hardware mode) or stems (software mode).
If you use SHIFT+PFL to toggle one deck to STEMS control, you loose the ability to have "dual" control (frequencies on inner channels and stems on outer)
You CAN restore it, by enabling "eqModeDual" setting again.

Posted Sun 21 Jul 24 @ 5:25 pm