Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rane Four waveform not loading on Deck 3 and 4 - Page: 1
I noticed last night the waveform is not loading on the jogwheel display on deck 3 and 4. Everything works as expected and the waveforms load on deck 1 and 2 but if I load the same track on 3 and 4, the waveform does not load. It loads the other data like bpm, etc, just not the waveform.
It works fine in serato pro, so I am thinking a VDJ issue.
Any help is appreciated.

Posted Sat 29 Jun 24 @ 2:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No(x)Spin wrote :
... but if I load the same track on 3 and 4, the waveform does not load. .

And works if you load some different Track and not the same as in Decks 1 & 2 ?

Posted Sat 29 Jun 24 @ 3:54 pm
No, doesnt matter what track I load on 3 or 4, the waveform on the jogwheel display is not loading. My point was even when I use the same track on 1 and 2 with 3 and 4, still have the same result(taking out the variability on different tracks).
Hope that makes sense.

Posted Sat 29 Jun 24 @ 4:00 pm
Here is my audio setup if that matters

Posted Sat 29 Jun 24 @ 7:46 pm
No(x)Spin wrote :

It works fine in serato pro, so I am thinking a VDJ issue.
Any help is appreciated.

Have you actually tried to load tracks on decks 3 & 4 on Serato AFTER you lost the waveforms on VirtualDJ and it works ?

Posted Mon 01 Jul 24 @ 11:35 am
It never loads the waveform on the jogwheel display for deck 3 and 4, just on 1 and 2...so I am not losing it per se.
BUT, I just checked on your ask...I turned on controller, load VDJ and loaded a track on 3, and there is no wave form. I shutdown VDJ and load Serato Pro, and load a track on deck 3 and it did NOT load the waveform either. I had to turn of the controller, turn it back on and then it showed the waveform on deck 3 with serato.
Hope that makes sense.

Posted Mon 01 Jul 24 @ 8:01 pm
Ok, thank you.
So, after a restart of the controller you are getting the waveforms back on decks 3+4 with Serato. Right ?

(There are a few good reasons I'm asking all these questions)

Posted Mon 01 Jul 24 @ 8:36 pm
Thanks Phantom.
That is correct. I have to turn the rane four off and then on again, for serato to work properly.

Posted Mon 01 Jul 24 @ 10:31 pm
Any feedback?

Posted Tue 02 Jul 24 @ 7:15 pm
We have identified a protentional bug and we will release a protentional fix with the next update.

Posted Tue 02 Jul 24 @ 9:24 pm
As always y'all rock!

Posted Tue 02 Jul 24 @ 10:34 pm
Please check if it's fixed in latest Early Access version, build 8241.
You may need to restart VirtualDJ once after updating to 8241 for the new files to take effect.
So, update to 8241, start VirtualDJ, wait a minute or so, restart VirtualDJ and try to see if the issue is fixed.

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 10:59 am
How do I update manually? VDJ just does it once update is available I thought.
I am on v2024 b8225, not sure how to update to your version mentioned. And the download page has b8225 too

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 12:06 pm
Do I follow the below procedure?
From the website:
====
At which one of the previously mentioned stage can i participate ?

Alpha test is done among the employees of Atomix Productions only.
Beta-testers are normally selected from active VirtualDJ users by Atomix Productions. Active users with a Pro Infinity License and a good knowledge of VirtualDJ who we think will make good beta testers are normally selected.
Any VirtualDJ user (even the ones that have not purchased a License) can test the Early Access build. If you wish to contribute with further testing or anxious to get the new features and improvements prior the final release, you will need to set the setting earlyAccessUpdates to Yes (from the Settings->OPTIONS tab of VirtualDJ - Make sure the Advanced Options is enabled)
Public released builds are available online to all VirtualDJ users.

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 12:33 pm
No(x)Spin wrote :

Any VirtualDJ user (even the ones that have not purchased a License) can test the Early Access build. If you wish to contribute with further testing or anxious to get the new features and improvements prior the final release, you will need to set the setting earlyAccessUpdates to Yes (from the Settings->OPTIONS tab of VirtualDJ - Make sure the Advanced Options is enabled)

Exactly this:
you will need to set the setting earlyAccessUpdates to Yes (from the Settings->OPTIONS tab of VirtualDJ - Make sure the Advanced Options is enabled)

After updating, you can set the setting back to "NO"

It will NOT revert back your version, but it will stop your system from updating to any future "Early Access" builds if you don't wish to do so.

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 12:38 pm
I will do it in a bit.
Is rolling back to the main release(not early access) as simple as uninstalling VDJ and reinstall the main release?

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 2:59 pm
Is there release notes for 8241? is this fix the only thing different or other improvements/fixes? Just trying to see if it is a stable release bc I have a couple of gigs coming up....of course i'll test stuff before but still want to know what changes etc...thanks in advance

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 3:20 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 3:33 pm
Thanks

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 3:36 pm
That worked and the waveform is displaying on 3 and 4 now.
I am seeing another issue from before(not new with this build), if VDJ is running, and I turn on the Rane four, it doesnt seem to detect it. I have to have the Rane Four on first, then launch VDJ and it works...if VDJ is running and I turn on the Rane Four, it just keeps saying RANE and FOUR on the jogwheels which the controller does on start up without serato or VDJ running.
Thanks guys/gals for the quick fix on the waveform issue

Posted Wed 03 Jul 24 @ 5:53 pm
80%