Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ 2024 early access - Page: 4
It would not have been installed automatically if you had early access disabled.

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 3:32 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
It would not have been installed automatically if you had early access disabled.

I'm aware. So far I've never really had any problems with it. That's why I didn't think about turning off the beta update. But whatever. Now it has happened and I need a solution as quickly as possible.

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 3:35 pm

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 3:36 pm

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 3:49 pm
When you are aware that you have a gig coming up, it's safest not to install ANY update to a working system.

Download the release version from https://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html and then keep the file on your computer, so even if you do find yourself with an EA release at (or before) a gig, you always have a release build to install.

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 4:14 pm
The problem with this release though is that it changes quite a few things directory ways that aren't easily undone just by installing a previous build.

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 4:18 pm
That's another thing worth mentioning - keep backups :-)

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 4:21 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
With the early release the playlists should now be in "Lists". Only some of the playlists are in that location.I found "Playlists" under music but it is empty..
My playlists are still in the Documents/Virtual folder.
How can I get the playlists to show in the new version?

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 6:12 pm
Wow Virtual DJ you creative genius always showing out, I love the new update. To have the flexibility with the cloud management is amazing. Thank you to all who continue to work hard to make this software even better.

Posted Sat 23 Mar 24 @ 7:56 am
When I use clouddrive sync (dropbox based) on a list that includes tracks with prepared stems, and use sync on another laptop, VDJ seems to download the stems file from cloud on each track load (it says so in the info line), although according to the file explorer on the second the files are already downloaded and available

Are they not pre-downloaded by dropbox although they appear to be?

On the "original" laptop the stems are of course instantly available when loading the track

Posted Sat 23 Mar 24 @ 1:05 pm
Just a thought, people appear confused with the term "Early Access". Perhaps they are more used to the term Beta? Or maybe they just don't know they have EA ticked.

Posted Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 10:45 pm
Mr T a l 0 wrote :
Just a thought, people appear confused with the term "Early Access". Perhaps they are more used to the term Beta? Or maybe they just don't know they have EA ticked.

There are also betas released and a beta tester program. They come before the Early Acces builds. But only beta testers can see/get them

Posted Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 4:32 am
stretch107 wrote :
I noticed after updating to VDJ 2024 all video tracks that I had cleaned have lost the video stream and just play audio now. any ideas?

Same here, I had to fall back to 7921; running on Mojave. I have not check on other macs that are running Ventura and windows running on 10 & 11, but yes on Mojave I have to restart VDJ to get back the videos.

Posted Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 6:14 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Dj Chachi wrote :
stretch107 wrote :
I noticed after updating to VDJ 2024 all video tracks that I had cleaned have lost the video stream and just play audio now. any ideas?

Same here, I had to fall back to 7921; running on Mojave. I have not check on other macs that are running Ventura and windows running on 10 & 11, but yes on Mojave I have to restart VDJ to get back the videos.

Can you open one of those broken vdjedit files from Finder using a Text Editor and post here the content of the vdjedit file ?

Posted Tue 26 Mar 24 @ 1:32 pm
new EarlyAccess version (b8044) should fix most of the issues that have been reported.

Posted Tue 26 Mar 24 @ 7:00 pm
In Version 8044 > sideviewShortcuts "geniusdj:linked" no longer works

Posted Tue 26 Mar 24 @ 8:34 pm
Stephane Clavel wrote :
new EarlyAccess version (b8044) should fix most of the issues that have been reported.

@Stephane Just a minor point. In your Changelog page the (Early Access) is listed as BUILD 8023. I have Early Access enabled and it arrived as BUILD 8044 It may confuse some people.

https://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/changelog.html?view=advanced

Posted Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 1:02 am
i'm not picky about designator as long as it works. and so far so good :-)

Posted Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 1:16 am
With the newest update the "List" no longer show up in SoundSwitch. Also broke the connection with LEXICON 🤦🏾‍♂️

Basically any sync software no longer works with the dreaded "lists"

Anything I can do to fix this??

Ok so I figured out how to export/create a playlist but this is terrible. So many steps.....

Posted Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 2:07 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@tsi setting browserAutoExportM3U

Posted Wed 27 Mar 24 @ 2:41 am
70%