Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ 2024 early access - Page: 3
Once you create some shortcuts on the left side of browser, you can map your pads simply as browser_shortcut X
Then, you can drag your shortcuts up/down, change them, e.t.c. and the pads will always work.

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 12:48 pm
PRESTIGE SONORISATION wrote :
Good morning,

For me, if we abandon M3U files, I lose a lot of functionality.

If you check further back in this thread, it was quoted by Stephane Clavel "If you really need it, it's still available by creating a List and selecting "export" in the context menu."

3- certain other addons no longer work, like "my library" which was nevertheless very practical for cleaning your music database.

MyLibrary works fine here. 🤷‍♂️

Main System Specs.
M1 MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2022), Apple Silicon M1 Pro, 16gb, 500 gb SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4, VirtualDJ v2024-m Early Access b8000.
External 2tb Crucial X9 SSD formatted APFS containing 50k Music & Video databases.
Main Controller - Denon MC7000,

Posted Tue 19 Mar 24 @ 2:21 pm
For all the advanced users who have some integration in place that made use of .m3u, we have added a new option (browserAutoExportM3U) that will let you keep using your old integration for backward compatibility.
This option is present in our current beta, and should be available in EarlyAccess later this week.

Posted Wed 20 Mar 24 @ 10:35 am
Hello DJLES.CO.UK?
Thank you for your reply.

For my library, I put a shortcut in the filters and it no longer worked. But by reinstalling the addon, it works again. Thanks.

For the first export function, manual, I already knew it, but it really wasn't practical.

But thank you STEPHANE CLAVEL for this last answer and the arrival of a new automatic export function: browserAutoExportM3U . Great!

Posted Wed 20 Mar 24 @ 12:46 pm
djnoaiPRO (legacy)Member since 2017
2 questions about new VirtualDJ 2024 build 8000:
a) Is there no more go back button on the left side to go to the last playlist?

b) How can I move the new vdj playlists below a folder or change the order?
(I only manage to move one list to the top. Otherwise, they are always classified as subfolders. Moving further crashed the program sometimes completely.)

Posted Thu 21 Mar 24 @ 8:37 am
Thank you for the cloud storage feature, this is something I have wanted for awhile. In the future, will there be a way to access other cloud storage? for example i have a home nas server with all of my music, would there be a way to access this like i would icloud

thaanks

J

Posted Thu 21 Mar 24 @ 10:23 am
djnoai wrote :
How can I move the new vdj playlists below a folder or change the order?
(I only manage to move one list to the top. Otherwise, they are always classified as subfolders. Moving further crashed the program sometimes completely.)
This has been fixed in the latest EarlyAccess version (b8017)

djjohnnyrox wrote :
will there be a way to access other cloud storage? for example i have a home nas server with all of my music, would there be a way to access this like i would icloud
No, there is no standard way to handle the authentifcation between virtualdj and a nas server to prevent unauthorized access, so this is a project outside the scope of virtualdj.
It's much easier to use some existing tool from your NAS to set a network drive.

Posted Thu 21 Mar 24 @ 1:37 pm
djnoai wrote :
a) Is there no more go back button on the left side to go to the last playlist?
This has been added back in the latest EarlyAccess version (b8017). you will need to enable the option browserPreviousFoldersButton

Posted Thu 21 Mar 24 @ 9:02 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
djjohnnyrox wrote :
Thank you for the cloud storage feature, this is something I have wanted for awhile. In the future, will there be a way to access other cloud storage? for example i have a home nas server with all of my music, would there be a way to access this like i would icloud

thaanks

J

+1 on that one for Nas connection !

Posted Thu 21 Mar 24 @ 9:36 pm
I noticed after updating to VDJ 2024 all video tracks that I had cleaned have lost the video stream and just play audio now. any ideas?

Posted Thu 21 Mar 24 @ 9:59 pm
this 'my lists' thing seems like the opposite of an improvement.

i had a page of controls on my launchpad all linked up to filters i had made, so i could conveniently find any filter i wanted with one key (they were colour coded in a system - red for industrial, blue tones for hip-hop, green for jungle etc). and now none of them work any more. (edit, i've now worked out how to get round this. but i am going to have to laboriously have to change the script for every button on my controller)

and what is the point on making the focus on cloud storage and online music, when there is a very good chance you'll end up DJing somewhere where it's not convenient to connect to the internet?

so far, 100% of the places i've DJed didn't have internet access/free wi-fi. so then you've basically gotta tether a phone and use a ridiculous amount of data?

the chance of me using that stuff is 0%

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 8:22 am
HaruYasumi wrote :
this 'my lists' thing seems like the opposite of an improvement.

i had a page of controls on my launchpad all linked up to filters i had made, so i could conveniently find any filter i wanted with one key (they were colour coded in a system - red for industrial, blue tones for hip-hop, green for jungle etc). and now none of them work any more.

and what is the point on making the focus on cloud storage and online music, when there is a very good chance you'll end up DJing somewhere where it's not convenient to connect to the internet?

so far, 100% of the places i've DJed didn't have internet access/free wi-fi. so then you've basically gotta tether a phone and use a ridiculous amount of data?

the chance of me using that stuff is 0%

You don't have to use cloudDrive if you dont want to, it's just here for people who do want it.

About MyLists, in the future it's going to be better and allow more improvement than the mix of playlists and virtual folders we had in the past. We're trying to make the transition completely seamless and transparent, but that's why we have EarlyAccess, so we can discover edge cases that we didn't think about, and fix it.
So, what control did you use for your filters that don't work anymore, so we can fix it and make it work in vdj2024?

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 8:44 am
Stephane Clavel wrote :

So, what control did you use for your filters that don't work anymore, so we can fix it and make it work in vdj2024?

sorry. i was just being grumpy from waking up in the morning! i realise that if i don't want to use a function i don't have to.

as for the problem with filters, it was that whereas before, i'd set up a controller with a lot of pads saying something like "browser_gotofolder 'filters://j-rock.vdjfolder' it wasn't going to them any more. even if i put the whole address in. but i tried physically copying my entire filters folder into 'my lists' and it seems that "browser_gotofolder '[list]\J-RnB.vdjfolder' " instead works fine (and is even working for subfolders in virtual folders as far as i can see). but it does mean that i'm going to have to painstakingly go through the script of each pad and change it.

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 9:04 am
Part of the problem is that many users have early access enabled without realising that in major build changes there can be issues and really shouldn't be installed on gig critical machines and without an adequate backup.

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 9:30 am
HaruYasumi wrote :
as for the problem with filters, it was that whereas before, i'd set up a controller with a lot of pads saying something like "browser_gotofolder 'filters://j-rock.vdjfolder' it wasn't going to them any more. even if i put the whole address in. but i tried physically copying my entire filters folder into 'my lists' and it seems that "browser_gotofolder '[list]\J-RnB.vdjfolder' " instead works fine (and is even working for subfolders in virtual folders as far as i can see). but it does mean that i'm going to have to painstakingly go through the script of each pad and change it.

We'll fix this in the next build, that filters://xxx will still work and go to your filters inside ideas/filters

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 9:31 am
Good morning,

For me, if we abandon M3U files, I lose a lot of functionality.
!

This is kind of my concern, lots of things just work like listfix!

Unless VDJ brings much better lost file management in, I dont' want to break that !

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 9:58 am

@STEPHANE CLAVEL
Can you please fulfill this wish (See what DennYo Beats wrote)

DennYo Beats wrote :
1. Please add the Source "linked" to <filelist source="">

2. Yes "geniusdj://linked" works. This show me the Linked Tracks in the <filelist source="">.
But when i use this in my external Window the List doesn't refresh automaticly.
When i use "load_skin" the List will refresh.

3. The Problem isn't Source "linked". This works with <filelist source="geniusdj://linked">.

4. The Problem is, the list doesn't refresh automaticly by loading songs. The list only refresh after using load_skin.

A big thank you for that

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 12:47 pm
Hello. Maybe someone can help me. Since the new update, VDJ crashes for me when I try to open a saved playlist. This happens completely randomly. And it doesn't matter which one I click on. For example, I can go through 7 or 8 lists in a row and nothing happens. When I click on the next one, VDJ crashes, it takes 3-4 seconds. away. The song stops playing, VDJ reappears and continues playing at exactly the same point in the track.

I use a MacBook 2023 M2 Max with 32 GB Ram and 1TB SSD.
A Pioneer DDJ-1000 as the controller.

I hope for your help as I have an important gig tomorrow.

The bug report has already been sent to VDJ.

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 3:23 pm
DJ MathiasU. wrote :

You should really not use VDJ 2024 for a gig yet
It's still an early access release, so it's meant for testing - not actual use

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 3:26 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
DJ MathiasU. wrote :

You should really not use VDJ 2024 for a gig yet
It's still an early access release, so it's meant for testing - not actual use

Unfortunately it is too late for that. VDJ installed it automatically yesterday and I couldn't see that it was a beta. Otherwise I wouldn't have done it. :-(

Posted Fri 22 Mar 24 @ 3:30 pm
53%