Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A few Final Things!
Once again I'm back, to ask some important questions:

1) Is there a way to make it so that upon loading a song, the Headphone CUE button is automatically pressed for that one?
2) Speaking of headphones, I adjust the Gain setting on it in VDJ but nothing happens

3) I have a Rane FOUR, is there any way to drop ZereoDB further than -12? It's still getting hot on the main out with Level at 0db.

Posted Wed 06 Mar 24 @ 9:26 pm
Quote :

1) Is there a way to make it so that upon loading a song, the Headphone CUE button is automatically pressed for that one?

Try enabling pflOnSelect

Quote :

2) Speaking of headphones, I adjust the Gain setting on it in VDJ but nothing happens

The Rane Four has all mixer related operations, including pfl, handled by the hardware itself. Any movement you try on the skin will not do anything (they are all in fake mode)

Quote :

3) I have a Rane FOUR, is there any way to drop ZereoDB further than -12? It's still getting hot on the main out with Level at 0db.

Did you analyze the music? I haven't personally used the controller myself but that low of a dip for headroom should be more than enough to eliminate clipping (others can chime in here).

Posted Wed 06 Mar 24 @ 10:51 pm
Actually pflOnSelect will not work with Rane FOUR, for the same reason described above.
It has a "hardware"" mixer.
Therefore you need to press the physical PFL buttons on the controller itself to select a channel to be sent on headphones. The device does not allow that selection to be done via MIDI.

Posted Thu 07 Mar 24 @ 7:34 am