Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: omnis-duo Prerelease discusion - Page: 2
I think those speakers might be MiniRigs -> https://minirigs.co.uk/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@sureview so anything wireless and battery operated is not professional?

I take it you don't use a wireless mic for that reason then? That also rules out pretty much any musician using IEMs for stage monitoring.

Also there's the Ableton Push 3. https://www.ableton.com/en/push/

Not only is it wireless and battery operated, it also has that flat monotone look.

Good luck trying to convince all the musicians using it that it's not professional.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think innovation is a good thing. Why not do something different?

This simple all one colour look is "on trend" at the moment. Teenage Engineering are known for it. Yamaha have just released tech in the same style.

If it wasn't for innovators, we wouldn't all be using touch screen phones, for example.

Posted Fri 26 Jan 24 @ 11:00 am
groovindj wrote :
By the way George, do you guys have any info on how the unit works with VDJ yet? For example being able to display a full skin on the screen vs it being in firmware?

Not until we get our hands on one.
But knowing how Pioneer AlphaTheta usually does things, I would say the screen views are 99% baked on the firmware.

The only controller from Pioneer AlphaTheta that offered skinnable screens was DDJ-RZX

Posted Fri 26 Jan 24 @ 12:07 pm
Adion wrote :
As speculated on djtechtools Pioneer DJ has not been part of the Pioneer brand for 10 years now, so there's a lot of possible reasons why they don't want/can't use the Pioneer name anymore.

There is some (actually probably quite valid) speculation on Serato Forums on this as well. In particular, there is the idea that:

• AlphaTheta was licencing the name PioneerDJ from Pioneer Corporation and the time for renewal probably came up...due to financial reasons, AlphaTheta probably didn't want to continue it
  • Due to the currently ongoing acquisition request of Serato by AlphaTheta, that is being scrutinized by the New Zealand government (Serato is registered as a company there) for anti-competitiveness, this move could potentially turn eyes away from/ease pressure on that a bit.

Pioneer is a world reknown, large, multinational corporation (and Pioneer DJ would be (probably mistakenly) associated with that), vs AlphaTheta, which is (relatively) unknown and smaller.

I guess the takeaway here is, they never would have changed the branding (DJs really identify with "Pioneer" as a brand) unless they felt that it was absolutely required.

Posted Fri 26 Jan 24 @ 1:04 pm
The Venice Beach video is back up now, on his YouTube channel:

There's also one from NAMM, claiming "world first" (but the VB one came before).

Posted Sat 27 Jan 24 @ 10:21 am