Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Algoriddim djayPRO 5 new features include smart beat gridding for uneven tempos - Page: 3
klausmogensen wrote :
Also it seems like "Smart beat gridding" is basically amped up "Multi BPM". So I guess VDJ is halfway there with the feature

Even Rekordbox has a dynamic BPM analysis mode for years...the problem is they aren't that accurate and you were almost always better off gridding in those cases yourself, until now with DJay's implementation.
I figured with the state of stem separation and AI usage currently, it would be a matter of time to get the BPM analysis better. It naturally seems like you could just analyze the tempo carrying instrument (normally drums or another instrument if drums aren't available in that section of the track), and plant downbeat markers appropriately (this was already suggested in another forum post too).

The main thing is to make sure that analysis time isn't too negatively affected (maybe doing the analysis on pieces of the track as the stem analysis of that part becomes available?). In theory, it can be done in all processor cases as well as it seems like this is a superset of stem prepreparation.

klausmogensen wrote :

The other main new features it seems VDJ can already do in one way or another...

I agree with this - DJay seems to be providing a more polished representation of things VDJ already has. The most notable thing I saw was Crossfader Fusion = Auto BPM transition with stem application and maybe crossfader curve adjustment.

Posted Sun 10 Dec 23 @ 2:13 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
The problem is they aren't that accurate and you were almost always better off gridding in those cases yourself, until now with DJay's implementation.

Yes, it was really designed for tracks that have different BPMs in different areas, but stable BPMs within those areas. Like transition tracks
So that's why I said that VDJ is halfway there :)

Posted Mon 11 Dec 23 @ 8:11 am
fgirelliControlleristMember since 2021
klausmogensen wrote :
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

what we should be talking about here is how in the hell are they getting STEMS to sound that GOOD on just iPhones/iPads meanwhile we have to have M1's or video cards built for a Hollywood movie set!! Because that's the real star as far as I'm concerned!!
Anyone from the team care to chime in??

Not form the Team
But it's because they use the very powerful bionic chip that is included in iPhones and iPads
They explained that when their Neural Mix v1 came out
It's basically based on the same ARM architecture as the M1 and M2 chips in Apple laptops
That's also why none of their Stems features are included in the Windows version (at least until now - who knows what the future may hold)

in reality this is not the case, with this version DJcityTV declares that it runs on a 2019 macbook pro therefore with an intel chip

Posted Fri 15 Dec 23 @ 5:02 pm
For that specific case, klaus was referring to the ability to use DJay Pro AI on an iPhone/iPad, and that giving the illusion that the iPad/iPhone is somehow an underpowered device/not powerful enough to do steps/DJay is super light as a result.
The truth is those devices have much much better chips/memory in them than any android tablet/smartphone (modern iPads use MX chips and modern iPhones use AX chips, which are (a potentially gross oversimplification here) more energy efficient MX processors with less cores). It would be impressive if they could do the same for those platforms as well, and still have great results.
Comparable devices in the non apple world would be like Surface Pros (and even they don't have the kind of processing power (dedicated CPU, dedicated GPU, dedicated neural network hardware) that the MX and AX chips have onboard).

It is true however that they got it to work with fairly recent Intel based MacBooks (Serato was able to do this as well). I'm not sure if Atomix Devs had mentioned a limitation in the Intel-based MacBooks they experienced when they where trying to introduce Stems v2.0...they would have more information on that.

Posted Fri 15 Dec 23 @ 8:38 pm
News just in: Algoriddim have now added Fluid Beatgrids to the Windows version.

No Neural Mix 2.0 (improved stems) though, and therefore no crossfader FX that use NM 2.0

Posted Sat 16 Dec 23 @ 10:47 am
Interesting...the former news may indicate the algorithm might not be stem based or may be based on the reduced quality version.

The latter news sort of seems a bit more expected if realtime computing for best quality stems is a goal - it's just seems like the work requires decent/above average computing power, and with the wide array of computer configurations, something would have to be said for minimum specs to make it feasible.
They'll probably make it possible eventually with such a note though...Serato has a similar high performance requirement here.

In general that requirement spec looks similar to VirtualDJ's recommended specs on Windows and MacOS, but VirtualDJ has the requirement of Apple Silicon for stems 2.0 separation on MacOS. I'm honestly curious as to that requirement given competitors have found a way to step around it (decently powered, Intel-based Mac with decently powered GPU).

Posted Sat 16 Dec 23 @ 1:25 pm
too bad that is a 32 bit plugin

Posted Sat 16 Dec 23 @ 6:33 pm
I'm running DJay Pro 5 on my WIndows laptop now, on the same subscription as my phone.

The Fluid Beatgridā„¢ and the way it holds the sync is fantastic.

Had to manually map my DDJ-RZ though, but it's fairly simple. Got the basics down, so I can DJ with it.

Weirdly, there's no tag editing in the Windows version - only on Mac. What the...?

Posted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 11:37 am
ZiglarPRO InfinityMember since 2011
DJay Pro AI really mean business. I like how their effects and general sound quality come out when djing. In my opinion if only VDJ sounded as good,in terms of overal audio and effects engine,i will be over the moon.
FYI : same songs i play during my gigs sound much better on Djay pro than vdj :(. The Reason why i havent made the switch is due to poor hardware support and lack of user customisability.

Posted Sat 23 Dec 23 @ 4:06 am