Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The good old days - Page: 1
Dug out my old Vaio tablet from around 2006 and it still works great. Used to sit at the end of the bar in the pub I worked in and remote in to the other laptop and get smashed on double jack and coke. Really find it unbelievable that I used to do that as I've moved on to Bacardi now.

Bought VDJ in June 2008 and here we are!

Posted Wed 06 Dec 23 @ 11:47 am
Ah the memories....

I used to run VDJ on a huge rack mount PC:

Posted Wed 06 Dec 23 @ 1:18 pm
I had a similar Peavey setup with two amps, EQ and a crossover.

Always worked from laptops though rather than a rack mount PC

Posted Wed 06 Dec 23 @ 2:37 pm
you guys crack me up.....

Posted Wed 06 Dec 23 @ 10:42 pm
]This post made me dig out my OLD Sony Vaio from 2001. I used Traktor dj can't believe the old laptop still works

Posted Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 2:05 am
That laptop is in really good condition for it's age.

Posted Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 9:35 am
I used a smaller sized desktop pc with 2pcs M-audio Audiophile 2496 soundcards in it. From the start I used only keyboard and mouse. After some time I switched to a Denon MC6000 mk1.
What times it was.

Posted Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 12:44 pm
Haha the MC6000 is modern tech! That rack system I pictured was used with a Numark DMC1.

Serial interface baby!

Posted Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 12:57 pm
Yeah I remember I had to get a serial to USB adapter for my Alcatech RCP-2001 controller.

Posted Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 1:04 pm
The dmc1 was awesome for its time I still have my denon 2500 dual cd players from back then as well. I would say I have most of my equipment dating back to the mid 80's I have a room full of records cds mixers laptops speakers amps

Posted Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 5:59 pm
Yeah the 2500F same one I've got.

Posted Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 6:21 pm
That's the one

Posted Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 6:31 pm
I bought the DN-2600F and only used it for a couple of months before moving to laptop permanently. Pretty sure that was sometime in 1999.

Posted Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 6:37 pm
Before that I'd bought a Kam one, thinking that would be good enough (it was a lot cheaper) but it was dreadful.

Posted Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 6:41 pm
Krad Which software did you use back then The only 2 I remember were pcdj & traktor

Posted Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 6:43 pm
We had a Numark CDN-34 in the pub I worked in, seemed great until I realised it would only read CDs written at less than 4x so all the compliation discs I'd made up were useless. It got binned pretty quickly.

Posted Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 6:44 pm
djjohnnyrox wrote :
Krad Which software did you use back then The only 2 I remember were pcdj & traktor

I used PCDJ initially (but the support was terrible and the red version kept crashing). I had to call Ryan Sherr in the states to get a serial code before a gig one night as it crapped out. Pretty sure Adion was involved with PCDJ at that point so better be careful :)

Moved over to BPM Studio in 2001 I think.

I've only ever used PCDJ, BPM Studio and VDJ in all those years.

Posted Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 6:45 pm
I've never seen bpm studio, I used Traktor mostly till 2010 then VDJ And now for smaller gigs Djay I really wish VDJ would come out with an iPad version.....

Posted Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 7:01 pm
I joined the party with Digital 1200SL (see what they did there?) by Visiosonic. That was by Jorgen Hedberg who went on to PCDJ Red fame.

Posted Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 7:07 pm
Yeah I remember the Visiosonic stuff, they had a crude button type controller with terrible latency (probably due to the serial connection) that was sold back then.

I can't remember but there were quite a few versions of what I've referrred to as PCDJ, there was blue, red, VRM, reflex, FX and I think they also had dedicated karaoke software as well. It was a confusing mess.

Posted Thu 07 Dec 23 @ 7:15 pm
33%