Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Full browser when searching
Swipez75ControlleristMember since 2014
Had my VDJ running sweet just how I wanted with Fruit’s customisable V8 skin for two years but I had to hard reset my PC due to various issues.
I’ve had to d/l VDJ again and start from scratch and accept it will take some time tweaking to exactly how it was before (you can imagine with a customisable skin that the performance, visualisation and mapping from my controller variables runs into the thousands).

I’m patient enough to slowly get to where I want but I’m having trouble with an issue where when I search for a song, the full browser comes up hiding the sliders and decks and once I click on the selected song it takes a couple of seconds to go back to normal view.

I’ve never encountered this before and have scoured slowly through the browser options but I can’t disable this function.

Any ideas?

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 7:18 am
"Explorer/Allow Browser Zoom" in the skin options top left of the skin.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 7:58 am
You do know VDJ has an easy backup and restore function that would have saved you all this hassle?

There's also a browser zoom option on that skin if I remember correctly.

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 7:59 am
djles.co.uk wrote :
"Explorer/Allow Browser Zoom" in the skin options top left of the skin.

Thank you!

kradcliffe wrote :
You do know VDJ has an easy backup and restore function that would have saved you all this hassle?

Yes but unfortunately I don’t know where this option is; I switched PCs a few years back and when I downloaded VDJ it remembered everything. Any idea where this option is?

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 8:22 am

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 9:02 am
kradcliffe wrote :
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/browser/toolbar/index.html

Many thanks, I’ve tried that but nothing. I have however found a backup on my personal cloud from a year ago so here’s hoping!

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 9:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
From what i see from Fruit's complex xml code, he is querying browser_isactive too.
So, you can try to edit the xml and so a Replace all "browser_isactive" with something that will always return false, like some "bs" action.
So ,
Find : browser_isactive
Replace : bs

Posted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 3:47 pm