Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-REV5 bugs and Incomplete mapping?
Hi guys,

I recently bought a REV5 and so far I have the following issues:

1 - The effects are not working ( I think I can still work without them)

2 (the most important) - GAIN not working properly. After the song is loaded and playing if I have to adjust the gain, is not responding ... the only way is to go fast to -99.00dB and back to 0.00dB and after that the knob is working ok and I can do fine adjustments but if I go slow to + or - (even up to +12.04dB) nothing is happening, like the knob/gain function is not working.

Any suggestions on how can I solve this issues?

Thanks!

Posted Mon 06 Nov 23 @ 5:47 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
see setting controllerTakeoverMode

Posted Mon 06 Nov 23 @ 6:00 pm
B3lphegor wrote :

2 (the most important) - GAIN not working properly. After the song is loaded and playing if I have to adjust the gain, is not responding ... the only way is to go fast to -99.00dB and back to 0.00dB and after that the knob is working ok and I can do fine adjustments but if I go slow to + or - (even up to +12.04dB) nothing is happening, like the knob/gain function is not working.
Any suggestions on how can I solve this issues?

It's not an issue - it's a excellent default setting :)
But you can indeed overrule it, although you really shouldn't

And a great advice would be to stop trying to do the gaining yourself
- your ears, especially late at night, can't do nearly as good a job as autogain can.
Autogain doesn't get tired

Also... Maybe stop calling things bugs unless you know for a fact they are
"Doesn't work like in Serato/Rekordbox" is usually not a bug. It's usually an enhancement

Posted Tue 07 Nov 23 @ 8:28 am
Sorry for the late reply, I tried all scenarios possible and yet I cannot figure out how to solve this, the problem with auto gain in my situation is that every time I change the song the volume is increasing a bit, after 4 or 5 songs is going on red and I have to adjust it manually, I call this issue a bug because all my audio files are normalized in Adobe Audition at -6db and yet the volume is increasing every time I load a new song. That is happening only when REV5 is connected, I tried with my old SB2 controller and all good, no issues ... it's driving me crazy because I cannot take the REV5 with me when I have gigs :((((

Posted Fri 08 Dec 23 @ 12:26 am
I don't mean to hijack this post but i believe the issue i'm bringing would fit under this topic.

The shift+cue button usually brings the track back to the beginning in every controller i've owned prior to this rev5 and the site says that this is supposed to happen in the mappings (see pic), but it doesn't work when i try it. In fact there's no shift+cue (SHIFT_CUE) function in the mappings as well.

I believe i can map it myself but i also do believe this i an error based on the info found on the site for rev5

Posted Sun 25 Aug 24 @ 10:27 pm