Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Best Controller for VDJ - Page: 2
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
djles.co.uk wrote :
I bought the Numark Mixstream Pro Go standalone (the new battery version)

@Les, what is your battery life.. (when using speakers, volume up, and display near full brightness)?

I've been trying to find that out myself. I've heard 3-4 hours (probably realistic @ full volume & screen brightness, there are 4 screen brightness settings & 4 screen saver time settings), someone quoted 4-5 hours and Numark claims 5-6 hours depending on settings and how it's used, more than likely a perfect scenario that users will never achieve, like car manufacturers and their fuel consumption figures.🤷‍♂️

But, at any point, you can plug the charging lead in without interruption. Someone in the new group on facebook has tried it with a powerbank with the correct lead and it works just like charging a mobile phone.🤔

I tested the charging time from 4% to 100% which took 2 hours and 10 minutes. It displayed a warning message at 20% that it would shut down if the charging lead was not plugged in soon. But, how soon? I would like to know.🤔

When I find time I want to do a test gig of 3-4 hours at home. I may try throwing a recent gig list from the history into automix as a start, then, I would like to try it manually. I have a gig at the same bar on 9th September and, all being well, intend to use the Mixstream with VirtualDJ.

P.S. I have to say I am very impressed with VirtualDJ's implementation of this unit. I need some time to find my way on how to do things using VDJ.😊

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 6:51 am
For me they easily need to be able to cover a 5 hour gig or the battery power part of it is pointless.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 7:34 am
OK, I've just done a little test with the Mixstream Pro Go. I got the battery running out warning at 20% and set a timer going. At one hour after the warning the battery icon was showing 0%, however, it kept going for another 24 minutes before switching off. I was running a Tidal streaming playlist through WiFi during this test.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 9:34 am
Looks amazing Les.. excited to hear more.

Did I miss the number of hours you got from one charge ?
(say before the warning, then you mentioned 1+ hour of additional use)

Also interesting that it continues to work well, with the low battery warning.
Does the warning interfere with one using the screen, does it popup, now and then, or only the one time?

PS
Maybe, start a new thread to post your adventures with the Mixstream Pro Go, interested in leaning more, and don't want to hijack this thread, even though it may be an amazing or best controller for VDJ.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 11:04 am
The display in the pic above is a touch screen, just touch the OK and it clears off screen. I think it did that display a couple of times but I didn't check the interval.

I haven't tried a full charge yet. After the battery ran out on the above test it took 2 hours to charge to 100% again. I've just fed it a Tidal list of 500 tunes to stream 20 minutes ago so it should be running all afternoon unattended. So, what's the betting? 4, 5 or 6pm or longer when it runs out of juice??? 😂

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 12:17 pm
I'll go for just under 6 hours.

Other issues like battery degradation over time and ambient temperature can affect the running time.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 12:21 pm
djles.co.uk wrote :
So, what's the betting? 4, 5 or 6pm or longer when it runs out of juice??? 😂

places money slowly on 4.5 hours,
assuming screen full bright and speakers maybe at 80% volume..

How loud are the speakers, could they be heard over the main speakers at a gig.
Can the speakers be used as PFL? (configured in VDJ audio or Engine DJ)

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 1:09 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
djles.co.uk wrote :
So, what's the betting? 4, 5 or 6pm or longer when it runs out of juice??? 😂

places money slowly on 4.5 hours,
assuming screen full bright and speakers maybe at 80% volume..

How loud are the speakers, could they be heard over the main speakers at a gig.
Can the speakers be used as PFL? (configured in VDJ audio or Engine DJ)

The speakers can NOT be used as monitors. If you were in a small hotel room with a few friends they are ok but they can not be used in a club envoirment.

Just buy an OG MixStream with a Jackery and youll be able to run longer then the GO AND be able to a set of 12 or 15" tops at a pretty decent volume.

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 2:42 pm
That was an interesting test with unexpected results.

Started just before 1 pm today continuously streaming over 130 tunes from a Tidal playlist of 493 tunes.

A warning of Low Battery displayed at 20% and again at 10%. Then at 0% a different message asking to switch off or continue, I selected continue. That was at 7:13pm and finally ran out of juice at 7:38pm.

No external equipment was connected, the master output volume was at zero, and internal speakers were at maybe 10%. Oh, and running standalone. Screen brightness was at the 2nd lowest setting of 4 settings and perfectly visible.

Last pic before running out of juice;

Phone timer result!!!

I may try this again but using VirtualDJ and connect my Mackie SRM450s. Will have the Mixstream volume at max, but, the Mackies just cracked open a tiny bit, well I have got neighbours you know. 🤣

Posted Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 6:57 pm
I have had many different controllers and mixers in the past 10-15 years, all working with VDJ.
At the moment I use either the DDJ1000 which has been awesome for the last 4 years, or my new FLX10. Both of these controller, for me at least, represent the best balance of function, professionalism and cost.
Yes, you can use other (more expensive) setups, but I'm yet to be convinced its worth the jump - especially if you are a multi-genre, flexible DJ without a rigid or limited set list. For this a laptop/VDJ is essential!

If my DDJ1000 had not taken a battering and starting to show channel fader and cross fader issues, I would probably have stuck with it. Having said that, the FLX10 is a very worthy successor with a few subtle upgrades.

I would like to see better integration with the controller stem FX which appears to be master only, but I'm sure tweaking the mapping will sort this. Till then I will ignore those buttons and revert to my pad 'switches'.

In conclusion, either the DDJ1000 or FLX10 controller gets my vote, although the fact that it's VDJ which produces the magic and versatility can be easily overlooked...

Posted Mon 16 Oct 23 @ 12:16 pm
BizzleJPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Hi there, I've got the denon prime 2 which I really like but i wanna get another controller.
Its the common right side deck issue when in vinyl mode so I'm In need of a 2 channel controller that works perfectly with VDJ.. Any suggestions?

Posted Mon 22 Jan 24 @ 9:20 am
I love the Denon Prime 4 + no issues works great!

Posted Mon 29 Jan 24 @ 4:11 pm