Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Beatsource songs not loading.. - Page: 1
soulkutzPRO SubscriberMember since 2021
Ive been using VDJ with automatic updates for a few years now with Beatsource and have never had an issue. However, recently neither deck will load songs from beat source anymore. It'll download the cover and that's it. the actual song never downloads and appears in deck. Tidal is still loading fine. Beatsource is still loading correctly in Serato just not in vdi. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted Mon 01 Aug 22 @ 1:48 am
im having the same prob with SoundCloud

Posted Tue 02 Aug 22 @ 7:27 pm
Same issue with Beatport Link. Songs either do not load or load partially. I have to put a ton of songs into my decks mid set to figure out what will load and what won't and hope it happens before the current song drops out. Really frustrating.

Posted Wed 03 Aug 22 @ 3:23 am
So no solutions to this? I’m going to assume it’s probably something simple such as deleting a txt file from a directory but I can’t find a folder for beatsource within virtual dj in order to do so. Any help or solutions to these issues would be greatly appreciated. I have had to use serato again the last few gigs and I’d like to not have to be doing that.

Posted Fri 05 Aug 22 @ 2:27 am

Posted Fri 05 Aug 22 @ 4:08 am
user23320751 wrote :
So no solutions to this? I’m going to assume it’s probably something simple such as deleting a txt file from a directory but I can’t find a folder for beatsource within virtual dj in order to do so. Any help or solutions to these issues would be greatly appreciated. I have had to use serato again the last few gigs and I’d like to not have to be doing that.

My guess is that there is not a lot of response because there is no general issue

I'm not signed up for beatsource, but I just tested 10 random songs with "it's sister" beatport, and they fully load, and work fine:

Posted Fri 05 Aug 22 @ 9:52 am
user25355300 wrote :
Same issue with Beatport Link. Songs either do not load or load partially. I have to put a ton of songs into my decks mid set to figure out what will load and what won't and hope it happens before the current song drops out. Really frustrating.

See above
I can't get anything to not load from Beatport
Tested 10 random songs in a row

Posted Fri 05 Aug 22 @ 9:54 am
Here's a pictures of my previous issue, i play tonight long session, let see if issue gone.

Posted Fri 05 Aug 22 @ 12:50 pm
That’s exactly what mine is doing.. what did you end up deleting in files to fix it)

Posted Fri 05 Aug 22 @ 10:34 pm
See post #5 further up the thread.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 22 @ 2:43 pm
Welllllll… I deleted the settings file and it worked for a total of 3 songs & then started doing the same thing. It’s at the point that I’m bout to just give up & go back to serato unfortunately, which sucks cuz dj has so many more features but this is a major problem I can’t seem to solve. It just happened outta nowhere too.. I give up.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 22 @ 11:08 am
Based on earlier posts, it's got to be something specific to your setup, or to how you're using the Beatsource files. It works fine for others (Klaus for example).

It would also help if you gave info on exactly which tracks and/or playlist this is happening with. Perhaps it's just the ones you're using, and Klaus used other tracks.

When you tried with Serato and it worked, was that with tracks that failed to load in VDJ?

Sometimes these streaming services mess with the code at their end and it affects some things and not others. For example Tidal did something recently that affected Denon hardware only.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 22 @ 3:42 pm
I’ve chatted with beatsource and they claim it’s an issue with vdj. As far as what works and what doesn’t. Everything from beatsource still works with serato. And if I delete the settings file for vdj it’ll load two songs (doesn’t matter which ones) from beatsource and then stops loading anything further. I don’t use my MacBook for anything besides djing. I haven’t changed anything recently aside from updating virtual dj when it says it’s ready to. I see there are a few posts on this forum with ppl dealing with the same issue as myself when it comes to online sources.. so it’s not just a beatsource issue since some are having the same exact issue with tidal, SoundCloud and beatport. I was just hoping that someone who had dealt with this kind of thing would have a solution to it.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 22 @ 10:43 pm
I'll make over hour playing session last friday (beatport), not problems this time. I'll be back if any problems came up again.

Posted Mon 08 Aug 22 @ 5:27 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
user23320751 wrote :
Welllllll… I deleted the settings file and it worked for a total of 3 songs & then started doing the same thing. It’s at the point that I’m bout to just give up & go back to serato unfortunately, which sucks cuz dj has so many more features but this is a major problem I can’t seem to solve. It just happened outta nowhere too.. I give up.

Did you delete the VirtualDJ\Documents\Cache\Beatsource folder?

Posted Mon 08 Aug 22 @ 5:38 am
Yeah I’ve deleted cache multiple times. I’ve uninstalled vdj and reinstalled and so forth. What I have found is that if I delete a u.txt file within the beatsource file that self generates, it’ll let me load 2-4 songs upon restarting vdj but then after that it stops again. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted Mon 08 Aug 22 @ 9:20 pm
gramseyHome userMember since 2021
I'm having this exact same problem. I can load 1 to 3 songs from Beatsource, and then it stops working completely.

If I restart VirtualDJ, it will work again, but then will only load 1 to 3 songs from Beatsource. I just see "Opening Deck 1 / Opening Deck 2".

Posted Tue 09 Aug 22 @ 7:23 am
gramseyHome userMember since 2021
Screenshot example of the online tracks not loading. Beatport works fine otherwise:

Posted Tue 09 Aug 22 @ 5:11 pm
That’s exactly what I’m dealing with. It’d be nice to have a fix for it but I have yet to get one.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 22 @ 12:15 am
user23320751 wrote :
Ive been using VDJ with automatic updates for a few years now with Beatsource and have never had an issue. However, recently neither deck will load songs from beat source anymore. It'll download the cover and that's it. the actual song never downloads and appears in deck. Tidal is still loading fine. Beatsource is still loading correctly in Serato just not in vdi. any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am having the same problem described above, any fixes for this?

Posted Fri 16 Sep 22 @ 5:22 pm
95%