Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: misplaced grid-aligned automatic cue setting
hi everyone, new here

I'm looking for any possibile advice about this issue that is driving us crazy.

Any new loaded songs shows its own beat grid and comes wit an automatically set cue: when trying to change the cue point the software automatically delivers a cue point matching the closest beat bar.
In other words we can't really set the cue point for ourself: it automatically snaps to the closest beat (line) in the grid and sets the cue there.
We would like to be able to adjust our cue points manually instead, and in case have the beat grid "rebuilded" after our setting.
If I am not wrong, rekordbox could do that, any suggestion?
thanks
our gear pionneer ddj 800 and vdj v8.4-64 b5308

Posted Mon 01 Nov 21 @ 10:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Cue points and Beatgrid are 2 different things.

If you re trying to set a Cue and snaps to the nearest beat, then perhaps you have enabled Quantize.
You can disable this from Options (look for setting quantizeSetCue and set to No)

As for the beatgrid, you can manually do whatever u want (adjust, set different Beatgrid anchors, multi-analyze etc ) from BPM Editor https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/editors/bpmeditor.html
Some basic beatgrid actions are also available in Pro skin https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/decks/trackinfo.html (Look at Nr.5)

Posted Mon 01 Nov 21 @ 11:11 am
thanks very much for your reply: I'll look them up asap and get back to you!

Posted Mon 01 Nov 21 @ 12:00 pm
I am replying because I wanted to say thanks and notify that the solution provided does work indeed.
We opted out that option and it works fine.

At the moment I couldnt try the other features suggested simply because the machine where the sfware is installed is not in my availability but we'll try those as well as soon as we can.

In the meantime we have other things to ask, especially in regards to some tempo and key features.

We'll formulate the questions and if not already answered write them in a separate topic.

thanks again for now

Posted Thu 04 Nov 21 @ 6:19 pm