Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Midi Fighter Twister support - Page: 1
MikkiWPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Hi, Do you have a plan for adding integrated Midi Fighter Twister support to Virtual DJ?
It's a great controller (I own one) and I'd love to see it supported.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 20 @ 12:06 am
I second that .. would love to see the Midi Fighter Twister natively supported, it would be a great addition to the supported controller lineup.

I currently have one on a Fedex truck, to arrive soon, purchased during the Black Friday's sales.

PS:
To hardware support at VJD.. speak with Stevan at DJTT he may be able to send you a B-Stock controller, to allow you to create the native support in VDJ.

Posted Tue 08 Dec 20 @ 10:03 am
I just received mine this week.
I'm starting to manual map it, focused on stems control.

Just guessing, what controls were you thinking to use with MFT?

Posted Fri 11 Dec 20 @ 10:07 pm
Hi PDNMUSIC,

Did you succeed with the mapping? Does your MFT work well with VDJ?

cheers,

pdnmusic wrote :

Posted Wed 07 Apr 21 @ 12:41 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I talked somebody thru defining and mapping one of these devices, they said it worked fine.

Posted Wed 07 Apr 21 @ 1:15 pm
I did my own mapping, yes.
It works as I wanted (more or less) and it could be improved for sure...

After some try/error my current setup is:
(will try to "draw" with text)
[BUTTONS OF THE MFT]
01 02 03 04
05 06 07 08
09 10 11 12
13 14 15 16

LEFT PLAYER
01 instrument stem
05 hihat stem
09 bass stem
13 kick stem
02 vocal stem

RIGHT PLAYER
04 instrument stem
08 hihat stem
12 bass stem
16 kick stem
03 vocal stem

they "work" quite good
the leds are off when I go to value 0, and the leds in the "middle" status is the normal level for that stem.

then I setup the push option of knob for "mute" that stem while pressed.

the rest of "free" knobs are used for FX

obudaboy wrote :
Hi PDNMUSIC,

Did you succeed with the mapping? Does your MFT work well with VDJ?

cheers,

pdnmusic wrote :

Posted Wed 07 Apr 21 @ 2:39 pm
Cheers, sounds good! :)

Posted Thu 08 Apr 21 @ 12:59 pm
Hi, having received my Twister & trying to get some more info on mapping it, I've stumbled across this post! Are any of you guys still using it? How are you getting on with it? I have a really basic knowledge & could do with some examples of the correct ways of mapping with this particular controller, doesn't seem to be much info about... Any help, pointers, maps greatly appreciated.

Posted Thu 17 Jun 21 @ 7:17 am
philgal1 wrote :
Hi, having received my Twister & trying to get some more info on mapping it, I've stumbled across this post! Are any of you guys still using it? How are you getting on with it? I have a really basic knowledge & could do with some examples of the correct ways of mapping with this particular controller, doesn't seem to be much info about... Any help, pointers, maps greatly appreciated.

have you thought on any particular layout of the buttons?

Posted Thu 17 Jun 21 @ 6:38 pm
No, trying not to get too caught up with exactly what & where, just trying to get one effect working how i want it then move on to the next! This is literally an idea I had for manipulating the fx's & been able to use parameters 1 & 2, I have echo working with these 2 parameters but struggling to get LED feedback when first pressing pot 1 to start the fx, Sorry I'm right at the start of my mapping journey so I'm not familiar with much of it yet, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted Thu 17 Jun 21 @ 8:18 pm
philgal1 wrote :
No, trying not to get too caught up with exactly what & where, just trying to get one effect working how i want it then move on to the next! This is literally an idea I had for manipulating the fx's & been able to use parameters 1 & 2, I have echo working with these 2 parameters but struggling to get LED feedback when first pressing pot 1 to start the fx, Sorry I'm right at the start of my mapping journey so I'm not familiar with much of it yet, any help will be greatly appreciated.

yes, it's a bit confusing because every knob has like 3 "clic" options (clic, press, release, rotate) and that handles a bit different the way you setup the effects. I spent some afternoons trying to understand and try/error untill I have almost like I wanted to control stems.

will try to record a video to show it

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 5:04 pm
Any help at the moment would be useful, thanks

Posted Sat 19 Jun 21 @ 7:05 am

Posted Sat 19 Jun 21 @ 11:39 am
pdnmusic wrote :
this is how I use it
https://youtu.be/iIMYpkCWUAg

Awesome video on your setup using the Midi Fighter Twister,
Love how you have it configured

--------------------

At the end you mentioned that you wanted to change the color for the secondary function.

It appears that green knob (you are calling it 06) is configured as "Shift Encoder Toggle".. meaning that when you press the knob it changes/toggles the functioning of the encoder to a secondary function, which you have set to control FX reverb it appears.

The colors for each of the Primary function LED's and Secondary function LED's is (can be) setup within the Midifighter Utility

If in your case you wanted the LED for that green knob, with now the default aqua primary color, to change to something else when you toggle to the secondary function..

You would go into the Midifighter Utility and set the OFF COLOR (the secondary color) to, say YELLOW, for that encoder (with the green knob).

The steps are, once in the Midifighter Utility:

1) select that encoder
2) select button OFF COLOR at bottom of the Midifighter Utility
3) then click on the color you wish to to choose, for the Secondary function, from the top section
4) click button SEND TO MIDIFIGHTER

short video (watch full screen to see lower section of the video)
https://gyazo.com/3d8ca033ce7ae6b8b2cde18a22960471

-----------------------------
For ref the PDF for the MidiFighter Twister and Utility can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QvIds_FsH3Z0ZLT041VnZfOTA/view?resourcekey=0-fgp-m9PFslsMcR3SD5bJZQ

PS you can also setup the indicator ring LEDs to have a detent, at the 12 o'clock position, for the stems if that is to your liking. (more like the EQ knob functioning on a DJ controller)

Posted Sat 19 Jun 21 @ 3:47 pm
Wow!
Will have to re-read closer all this info.
Now I have some work and family issues and have to be far from my equipment for two weeks.
I will re-check when back.

Thanks!

Posted Sat 19 Jun 21 @ 8:24 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
pdnmusic wrote :
this is how I use it
https://youtu.be/iIMYpkCWUAg

Awesome video on your setup using the Midi Fighter Twister,
Love how you have it configured

--------------------

At the end you mentioned that you wanted to change the color for the secondary function.

It appears that green knob (you are calling it 06) is configured as "Shift Encoder Toggle".. meaning that when you press the knob it changes/toggles the functioning of the encoder to a secondary function, which you have set to control FX reverb it appears.

The colors for each of the Primary function LED's and Secondary function LED's is (can be) setup within the Midifighter Utility

If in your case you wanted the LED for that green knob, with now the default aqua primary color, to change to something else when you toggle to the secondary function..

You would go into the Midifighter Utility and set the OFF COLOR (the secondary color) to, say YELLOW, for that encoder (with the green knob).

The steps are, once in the Midifighter Utility:

1) select that encoder
2) select button OFF COLOR at bottom of the Midifighter Utility
3) then click on the color you wish to to choose, for the Secondary function, from the top section
4) click button SEND TO MIDIFIGHTER

short video (watch full screen to see lower section of the video)
https://gyazo.com/3d8ca033ce7ae6b8b2cde18a22960471

For ref the PDF for the MidiFighter Twister and Utility can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QvIds_FsH3Z0ZLT041VnZfOTA/view?resourcekey=0-fgp-m9PFslsMcR3SD5bJZQ

PS you can also setup the indicator ring LEDs to have a detent, at the 12 o'clock position, for the stems if that is to your liking. (more like the EQ knob functioning on a DJ controller)

That is fantastic, massive help, thank you, I will put a video up myself with the results albeit it will be basic but i like the fact there is several pages so may be able to incorporate pdmusic's stems page as well! which looks immense

Posted Sun 20 Jun 21 @ 8:47 am
docb-djPRO InfinityMember since 2019

Posted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 5:41 pm

Posted Fri 01 Oct 21 @ 7:56 am
docb-dj wrote :
So I went ahead and wrote my own (simple) Midi Fighter XML mapping...
And went and uploaded it to the VDJ site so it's available to everybody.
http://virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=81378

It seems like on bank 2 that the values to the left and right of the detent are immediately off of the value of 64 instead of .50 like on bank 1. This basically makes bank two useless. I can not figure out a way of editing this at all. Can you help?
Thanks for making this!

Posted Tue 14 Dec 21 @ 1:08 am
Nvm, I fixed it.
In the devices xml for bank 2 instead of sliders you had used encoders. Not sure why or what value that gives over using sliders. If there was a reason please let me know.

Changing the value to use sliders allows VDJ to see the input as a value in percentage and if using detents the middle is .50 or 50% instead of a value of 64 and doing weird negative values.

Posted Tue 14 Dec 21 @ 2:27 am
71%