Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon Prime 4 Virtual Dj Support - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Exactly. I'm on the fence with money waiting and proper vdj support is the thing holding me back.

Posted Thu 16 Jan 20 @ 7:21 pm
The MCX8000 is fully supported and half the price.

Posted Thu 16 Jan 20 @ 8:48 pm
It's nothing like the Prime 4 though, I'd be taking a step back from my rx2. Just want the vdj screen support..

Posted Thu 16 Jan 20 @ 9:21 pm
Am I right in thinking Denon sent a faulty SDK and haven't done anything since?

Posted Sat 18 Jan 20 @ 2:36 am
Are there any updates on support at the moment?

Posted Fri 24 Jan 20 @ 6:45 am
Is there any more updates on the Prime 4 support?

Posted Sun 09 Feb 20 @ 9:54 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If there is it will be announced here, since there's no announcement there's nothing new.

Posted Sun 09 Feb 20 @ 9:57 am
sidneysides wrote :
Is there any more updates on the Prime 4 support?

Ditch that Prime 4 and get the Pioneer XDJ-XZ instead :) Full support including screen in VDJ

Posted Sun 09 Feb 20 @ 4:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Guys, we really want to provide full support for Prime 4 (same as we do for all popular hardware) and it's high in our to-do list order too. But unfortunately, it's not in our hands, so if there is any progress or news, be sure you will learn it first.

Posted Sun 09 Feb 20 @ 4:54 pm
Is there a date for the update?

Posted Wed 04 Mar 20 @ 12:22 pm
As a bootnote, Denon have confirmed it's not possible to switch between standalone mode and software mode without rebooting the unit.

Bit of a deal breaker for me as the MCX8000 allows both to be used at the same time.

Bit of a screw up from Denon there.

Posted Sun 15 Mar 20 @ 11:28 am
@Keith, yes this is indeed the case. It's probably the major issue imo

Update:
With help from Denon Developers we finally managed to connect to the Screens (via their SDK) and we are back in trails. Screen skins are almost completed but will need to tweak several things. Unless something goes wrong we will offer full support next month or so, for both Prime 4 and SC5000.

Posted Sun 15 Mar 20 @ 1:41 pm
BTW, forgot to mention that the implementation will be the same way as VDJ skin, so Full Browser, full Touch and Scratchwaves too

Just a teaser... SC5000 screen running VDJ ;)

Posted Sun 15 Mar 20 @ 1:59 pm
Wow, that's brilliant!

Posted Sun 15 Mar 20 @ 2:10 pm
Is that for the SC5000M too?

Posted Sun 15 Mar 20 @ 2:30 pm
Can we apply to be testers for you? I have the Prime 4...

Posted Sun 15 Mar 20 @ 2:31 pm
DJ Coldfield wrote :
Is that for the SC5000M too?

Yes, the screen of the SC5000M will work and look like the one in SC5000.
Official support for SC5000M will come a bit later though, due to motorwheels support (they dont work exactly the same as others like Rane Twelve, NS7 etc), so no ETA for them currently.

Posted Sun 15 Mar 20 @ 2:35 pm
So hopefully the forthcoming SC6000 and SC6000M will be engineered the same way and won't present a problem...

Posted Sun 15 Mar 20 @ 3:03 pm
Nice, great news, even found space to add VDJ Logo :), well my Prime 4 is on the way.

Posted Sun 15 Mar 20 @ 3:08 pm
Thx! Nice too know! At last we do have the option with VDJ. I presume that the coming products from Denon will get support also but much quicker than the first ones. Well the Prime-series is excellent as standalone. Nice work developers!

Posted Sun 15 Mar 20 @ 3:20 pm
7%