Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon Prime 4 Virtual Dj Support - Page: 14

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djcraig [Country: GB] sorry for confusion to you, i was talking about the skin on the laptop.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 20 @ 5:06 pm
Just played around little

Posted Mon 08 Jun 20 @ 9:35 pm
How you make the waves horizontal Thomas?

Posted Mon 08 Jun 20 @ 10:11 pm
@XskysurferX Overwrite xml file

Posted Mon 08 Jun 20 @ 11:06 pm
Looks amazing, much better.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 20 @ 11:52 pm
How you make it? Uno Stall and install again? Is it an update. Or Ou make it self?
When you make it self how?

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 6:03 am
Just made some changes in Denon Prime 4 Screen.xml, located on documents/virtualdj/skins.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 6:48 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The default Screen skin for Prime 4 will not have horizontal waveforms, but you are free to customize the skin of course.

Main reason for this is the poor/slow refresh of the Prime 4 screen - actually how the SDK handles it. If you have large parts on the skin that get constantly refreshed, the result will be stuttering graphics. That's the reason we have chosen the vertical waveforms, to reduce the area that gets refreshed. Even then, you can still notice a small glitch , especially when 2 waveforms run at the same time (2 tracks playing).

In the future we hope Denon to improve the SDK approach and provide even the ability to display video.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 11:21 am
@djdad Is there a way to make waveform rounded? Like in orig. Denon prime 4 screen?

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 11:38 am
"Rounded" ?

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 11:39 am
As you can see here, the waveform is very smooth/low res with no spikes or jagged parts. The small details are taken away. Almost like a cartoon version :-)

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 11:43 am
Probably due to the SDK limitations stated by Djdad.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 11:46 am
OK, so if the waveform (data coming from VDJ) had less detail in it, the screen would have an easier time of it.

Maybe that could be incorporated into the VDJ exe. When Denon Prime kit is connected, lower the detail in the waves.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 11:49 am
Well Done, VDJ & Denon, this is absolutely awesome,.......... Loving it.......

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 12:25 pm
@groovindj Thats exactly what I am talking about

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 12:30 pm
groovindj wrote :
OK, so if the waveform (data coming from VDJ) had less detail in it, the screen would have an easier time of it.

It's not about what you send (a simple rect or detailed graphics), it's about how frequently you send. So, no matter how the wave looks or what details it carries, it has to move, so sent every x ms.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 12:34 pm
I think it might be useful to incorporate a clock on the Prime 4 skin somewhere...

Having the screen built in to the hardware, with all the essential things displayed, there's very little need to look at the laptop - so having the clock on the Prime 4 screen will make that need even less :-)

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 4:43 pm
I got to say it, thanks Atomix for letting us play around with this. It's very much appreciated!

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 4:58 pm
So @groovin, what's your first thoughts?

How are you getting on with Engine Prime .... I'd rather see the mother-in-law than use that awful software.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 5:23 pm
So far the hardware is great. First thing I did was check all the knobs and buttons worked properly!

Stuck a plain old USB stick in and played some tracks from it. That worked OK, and well enough that I'd say running them through EP first isn't essential.

SSD (formatted exfat with the PC) went in easily, and I've transferred my library to it. I downloaded EP last night and left it running, so by the time the unit arrived, the tracks were all scanned.

Updated the firmware using the PC utility, and got my 3 month Tidal trial sorted. Picked a few playlists using the Tidal PC app, so now I can see them on the Prime 4.

I've not had any issues with EP. It did its job without freezing or crashing. Not being able to add cover art sucks, as does the tag editing.

Pairing with VDJ seems good too. Everything does what it should. :-)

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 5:53 pm
52%