Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon Prime 4 Virtual Dj Support - Page: 15

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

@ groovindj

Tag & rename for your tags, and a wee program called Creevity a bit slow and time consuming but does the job

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 6:48 pm
@ kradcliffe

Again, I went from MCX8000 to the Prime 4 almost a week ago, Engine Prime has been superb, Now we have VDJ supported we have the best of both worlds.

Save buying Resolume @ £££ and having to convert mp4's across to another file system that it supports.

So far it has been great......Well done VDJ & Denon

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 6:53 pm
So I guess the Prime 4 plays video files as audio only in standalone mode?

My only real gripe is having to reboot to change mode. Engine Prime seems to have got a bit better (need to try the latest release). I see the BPM scan algorithm is still not good on the Prime 4 itself but this will be updated in time I guess. People have been waiting forever for track preview though so it could be long enough.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 7:49 pm
The rebooting seems fairly quick to me. I don't know if you could perhaps play audio through the mixer while it's doing that. Haven't tried.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 7:54 pm
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
hey all - I installed the skin, but it is not showing anywhere. Thoughts? Also, is the P4 in computer mode?

Posted Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 1:34 am
P4 has to be in computer mode, yes. The skin won't show in the VDJ skin list (if that's what you mean) as it's hidden because it's for the Denon screen.

Did VDJ detect the P4 and pop up a sound config window?

The P4 skin zip has to be in the skins directory, the P4 mapping zip file has to be in the devices folder.

There are also two files that go in the Plugins64 folder (assuming Windows 10), which are supposed to download automatically when VDJ detects the P4. Maybe they didn't download (mine didn't). Check the folder for AKAIREMOTESCREEN64.dll and libusb-1.0.dll files.

Posted Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 6:29 am
DNAGoaPRO InfinityMember since 2016

Just tested it 1 hour yesterday and just love it.

All i wanted was a 4 channel with mic support and software what can be used as Karaoke equipment ... and that it is <3
Prime 4 + Virtual DJ = Epic Love

Here is some " fix it would be awesome " ... form-wave is a bit laggy it could be of my computer ( gonna check it out later ), the FX from the Controller is still a bit nah not okay and the jog wheels art is missing ... but as i said before " fix it would be awesome " :)

Posted Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 9:01 am
The slow waveforms were mentioned by djdad in an earlier post. It's a problem with the refresh speed of the screen (when used over USB presumably).

For the jogwheel art, check in the skin settings (hold the 'view' key down) and you'll probably find that the brightness for the jog display is at zero.

Posted Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 9:15 am
Jogwheels now work with new mapping update, but the screen not after the update :/

Posted Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 9:19 am
DNAGoaPRO InfinityMember since 2016
groovindj wrote :
The slow waveforms were mentioned by djdad in an earlier post. It's a problem with the refresh speed of the screen (when used over USB presumably).

For the jogwheel art, check in the skin settings (hold the 'view' key down) and you'll probably find that the brightness for the jog display is at zero.

Thanks for the info <3

Posted Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 10:27 am
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
groovindj wrote :
P4 has to be in computer mode, yes. The skin won't show in the VDJ skin list (if that's what you mean) as it's hidden because it's for the Denon screen.

Did VDJ detect the P4 and pop up a sound config window?

The P4 skin zip has to be in the skins directory, the P4 mapping zip file has to be in the devices folder.

There are also two files that go in the Plugins64 folder (assuming Windows 10), which are supposed to download automatically when VDJ detects the P4. Maybe they didn't download (mine didn't). Check the folder for AKAIREMOTESCREEN64.dll and libusb-1.0.dll files.

Good to know - A window did not pop up but it did show in the audio settings. I will check the directory and folders. Ive had the prime for over a year - I have no intentions on using VDJ with the P4, but I am curious to see how it works. Curious tho, I just got the Prime GO will this work with that too, or different coding?

Posted Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 5:54 pm
@djdad i tried to make all but i dont become all to work.
The new mapping update works with the jogwheels. Then dont work the main screen.
When i use the old mapping before the 10.06.2020 it works..
you can solve the problem?

Posted Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 6:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Zamooda wrote :
Curious tho, I just got the Prime GO will this work with that too, or different coding?

Denon says the Prime GO will not be compatible with the SDK, no plans either, so no, screen wont work and not sure if the device will even work as MIDI controller.
So if your plan was to use it with VirtualDJ (or any other DJ software) better return and buy something else.

Posted Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 6:34 pm
Same here, main screen not working with installed mapper update.

Posted Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 6:48 pm
the jogwheels screens are working now but It seems there's a problem, You can't see loop size numbers anymore when you change it (maybe it's because of the album cover?)

Posted Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 6:56 pm
DJDAD. when i use the asio drives everything works fine but you cant use the broadcast button as the volume is very low. When you use the wasup drives you can broadcast and levels are good but the cue buttons dont work hence cant hear mix. Which drives are better to use in your opinion i tried what you said in earlier post that does not work.

Posted Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 10:18 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
My only real gripe is having to reboot to change mode

I just did a quick little experiment here...

Connect an "emergency playback device" (Sony NW-E99) to a line input of the Prime 4 and play some music through it. While it's doing that, switch from standalone to computer mode. Playback continues without issue.

When VDJ got to the point of seeing the Prime 4, there was the tiniest dropout (split second) in the music from the line input. I was then able to load a VDJ track to a P4 deck, press play and fade out the line input signal.

I'd say that's workable. :-)

Posted Thu 11 Jun 20 @ 11:17 am
groovindj wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :
My only real gripe is having to reboot to change mode

I just did a quick little experiment here...

Connect an "emergency playback device" (Sony NW-E99) to a line input of the Prime 4 and play some music through it. While it's doing that, switch from standalone to computer mode. Playback continues without issue.

When VDJ got to the point of seeing the Prime 4, there was the tiniest dropout (split second) in the music from the line input. I was then able to load a VDJ track to a P4 deck, press play and fade out the line input signal.

I'd say that's workable. :-)

Thanks for the idea. It really works. It's a good solution for safe.

Posted Thu 11 Jun 20 @ 12:53 pm
Yes, it also works the other way (VDJ to internal) and you can still talk on the mic as well.

As it's always wise to have some kind of backup music source anyway, routing it through the line input while switching modes (should you ever need to) is a simple solution.

Posted Thu 11 Jun 20 @ 1:03 pm
nobody an idea, because the new Update? The screen dont work ?

Posted Thu 11 Jun 20 @ 1:09 pm
56%