Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Script School - Page: 17
Thank you Adion for the speedy reply..

I ask, since most times.. VDJ can do much more then I am aware of.. or imagine,
and I can easily live without a second KB.

Again thanks

---------
And if possible... a second KB could be a inexpensive alternative for a novation lauchpad like, extra set of programmable buttons.

Posted Thu 16 Sep 21 @ 6:50 am
locodog wrote :

browser_open_folder is pretty straight forward no point in going over it, personally I'm more a fan of using, browser_enter, browser_folder to navigate browser windows folders & songs, but this is a slightly different way to do the same is thing.

I think you underestimated this action.
First of all it can accept on/off
And when used with "off" as an example it always closes the current sub and then moves backwards one level.
In other words, with just a few presses you can now return to the root of your database with all folders collapsed.
Same goes when used with "on"
You use it to open subfolders and you don't have to worry that if no subfolders are present the focus will switch to songs instead.

Personally in my own keyboard mapper I have mapped BACKSPACE to do "browser_open_folder off" and RETURN (Enter key) to do "browser_open_folder on"

Posted Thu 16 Sep 21 @ 12:19 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@Phantom thanks for the clarity.
I'm mostly picking tunes out of a search or a filter or a vFolder so those actions aren't something I use.

Posted Thu 16 Sep 21 @ 1:35 pm
Fair, but I though this thread was not meant for what we use, rather what can be done with scripts! :P

Posted Thu 16 Sep 21 @ 3:20 pm
Thank you PhantomDeeJay for your post .. always cool to understand more what is possible with each update.

I have wished that there was Sticky post, where staff or others, gave more details for each of the amazing updates and additions to VDJ.

Love VDJ !

Posted Thu 16 Sep 21 @ 9:28 pm
Hello everyone. So, I have a few questions.
1) Play Next or automix_add_next - which of these 2 functions will be more suitable for me? You need to add a script to the task schedule:
add one (specific or random) file from the folder as follows! Let's call them * workfile (s), while it is located in one specific folder (or it can be a virtual folder). Next.... We expand the possibilities.... There are 72 files in that folder, 3 pcs. for each hour, i.e. you need to run a file every time that has not yet been played today.

2) Task schedule - This task must be repeated every 20 minutes during the day.

Let's start with this, if there is a correct solution, then I will continue to throw up interesting ideas.

Posted Fri 17 Sep 21 @ 4:30 pm
mg_1978PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi at all, how i map a button to change focus from browser_window “folders” to brower_window “songs” only if folders focus is in “sample Recording” file or inside the “sample” folder? i have mapped: get_browsed_folder ‘sample’ ? browser_window ‘songs’ : nothing
but doesn’t work :(

Posted Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 10:59 am
param_equal `get_browsed_folder` "YOUR_STRING" ? TRUE : FALSE

could also use

param_contains
with
get_browsed_filepath

if you need the query to not be as specific

Posted Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 11:16 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
if its only for samples they are virtual elements

param_equal `get_browsed_song extension` vdjsample ? browser_window songs

Posted Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 4:39 pm
get_browsed_filepath & param_contains ‘Recordings’
is perfect! thanks for the script; i have another question:
with a button i would record max 9 files in folder ‘Recordings’, i have write this script:
browser_gotofolder ‘Sampler\Recordings’ & browser_window ‘songs’ & file_cont 10 ? nothing : sampler_rec ‘master’
but with this script i push 2 time button for recording…1 time for set folder focus in folder ‘Recordings’ and 2 time for recording from master….could i do this with script that record or not pushing only 1 time button? thanks a lot!

Posted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 8:10 am
mr.ZvooK wrote :
Hello everyone. So, I have a few questions.
1) Play Next or automix_add_next - which of these 2 functions will be more suitable for me? You need to add a script to the task schedule:
add one (specific or random) file from the folder as follows! Let's call them * workfile (s), while it is located in one specific folder (or it can be a virtual folder). Next.... We expand the possibilities.... There are 72 files in that folder, 3 pcs. for each hour, i.e. you need to run a file every time that has not yet been played today.

2) Task schedule - This task must be repeated every 20 minutes during the day.

Let's start with this, if there is a correct solution, then I will continue to throw up interesting ideas.

There is no answer or recommendation to my question?

Posted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 12:40 pm
@mg_1978

try

browser_gotofolder 'sampler://Recordings' & browser_enter & param_equal `file_count` 10 !? sampler_rec master

or add some delay for browser to end action if too slow

browser_gotofolder 'sampler://Recordings' & repeat_start dx 170ms 1 & browser_enter & param_equal `file_count` 10 !? sampler_rec master

take care about the count if some more 10 other records exist, script will do
may prevent by using

browser_gotofolder 'sampler://Recordings' & browser_enter & param_bigger `file_count` 9 ? sampler_rec master

Posted Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 2:22 pm
@Nicotux
thanks a lot, your scripts works!

today my question is: if i use scripts like ‘mic_rec’ or ‘linein_rec’, in the deck there is the recorded…can i directly save a .vdj or .mp3 file (with script button that i don’t know) that is in my deck? or i can only put deck recorded in loop and use sampler_rec 1 (for example) to create a sample file .vdj? thanks

Posted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 8:14 am
@mr.ZvooK, setting up adverts?

make a filter that grabs for your 72 files, also include & Last Play > 0.5
[use 0.5 as 1 would allow for no variety day after day]
Random is tricky, maybe when your 20 minute timer strikes, jump to your filter,
something like this to get a random number,
set test `param_mod "file_count" "get_time elapsed"`

then use test as the count for a rsi performing browser_scroll

Posted Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 1:45 pm
JUMP TO FILTER & set test `get_clock 1000 & param_multiply 0.001 & param_cast 'frac' & param_multiply 1000` & set test `param_mod "file_count" "get_var test"` & var_smaller 'test' 0 ? param_multiply "get_var test" -1 & RSI WITH BROWSER SCROLL : RSI WITH BROWSER SCROLL

I forgot about get_clock 1000, probably the best way to get a random number.

Posted Fri 01 Oct 21 @ 7:36 am
have you any ideas??? thanks a lot

today my question is: if i use scripts like ‘mic_rec’ or ‘linein_rec’, in the deck there is the recorded…can i directly save a .vdj or .mp3 file (with script button that i don’t know) that is in my deck? or i can only put deck recorded in loop and use sampler_rec 1 (for example) to create a sample file .vdj? thanks[/quote]

Posted Sat 02 Oct 21 @ 8:37 am
TIP about complex actions in actions
( I don't know how site will accept this :\ )

Sometimes actions need to use result of actions and strings
they can use back quotes and quotes and apostrophes ( `xxx` 'xxx ' and "xx" )

when the result have to be display in a text or button or slider ....
the skin need to enclose it in quotes or apostrophes
text="" or format="" or action="" ...
this can be an issue

there is a standard workaround to this : remember xml entities : > < & " '

you can then write complex strings like that :

action="param_add `param_add "get_text ')' " 'param_add "get_automix_song artist +1"' " - (" ` `param_add 'get_automix_song title +1' "get_text ' Comming next : ' " ` & param_cast text"

Posted Sun 03 Oct 21 @ 6:19 am
hi at all, in my Pioneer DDj-RZX i have mapped 2 buttons like Rekordbox Sequencer..but i record from ‘master’ output…could i record from sampler output? for example i have mapped a button: sampler_rec ‘master’; i tried to write sampler_rec ‘sampler’ but doesn’t work :(; if i choose deck 3 output for sampler i tried to write button: deck 3 sampler_rec but doesn’t work :( can you help me? thanks!

Posted Tue 05 Oct 21 @ 5:36 am
deck 1 sampler_rec
works here, are you internal or external mixer?

Posted Tue 05 Oct 21 @ 6:46 am
locodog wrote :
deck 1 sampler_rec
works here, are you internal or external mixer?

thanks for answer, i have internal mixer mode, but deck 1 sampler_rec record track or loop or portion track that is in deck 1…i would record output about sampler…for example i would record sampler 1 playing + sampler 2 playing + sampler 7 playing, like a rekordbox sequencer…now i make this recordind master output…but i would record only sampler output…

Posted Tue 05 Oct 21 @ 8:36 am
37%