Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Script School - Page: 16
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
there isn't a delete file script, I don't think there ever will be.

I use a specific colour to mark a file I want to delete, and I have filter for that colour so I can batch delete easily.

Posted Thu 27 May 21 @ 1:51 pm
Sorry updated the original post with some chapter links, will be covering beat_bar in the next few days.

Posted Wed 09 Jun 21 @ 4:07 pm
SveninoPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi, again a syntax question:

Is it possible to use a VAR with BEATJUMP?
I have set a var "$BJB" to 1,2,4,8...
But [beatjump var "$BJB"] doesn´t work.
And how can I do a negative beatjump with this VAR?
[beatjump var "$BJB" & param_invert] ?

Thanks for Your help

Posted Sun 04 Jul 21 @ 4:00 pm
get_var 'test' & param_cast 'relative' & beatjump
get_var 'test' & param_multiply -1 & param_cast 'relative' & beatjump

Posted Sun 04 Jul 21 @ 4:37 pm
Thanks Locodoc. It works fine. You saved me lots of time try & erroring.

Posted Sun 04 Jul 21 @ 5:58 pm
Now I have a problem with my endless encoders on Akai APC 40 mk2:

I use them to control eq: [deck left eq_high]
When I reset the eq by [deck left eq_high 50%] sometimes the controller sends a zero before the turning data.
This sets the eq to zero and I have to turn more to come to the middle.
In settings I choosed "soft takeover gradual" because of the sliders used for some volumecontrols.

How can I avoid the unwanted zeroing?
Thanks in advance

Posted Sun 04 Jul 21 @ 6:08 pm
not sure, sounds like a hardware issue.

Posted Sun 04 Jul 21 @ 6:39 pm
To the moderator or anyone that may know the answer,

I recently purchased Virtual DJ for my Rane configuration (i.e., two Rane Twelve turntables and one Rane Seventy mixer). I'm used to having Technics 1210 turntables, where when I press the start/stop button, the platters will turn continuously, until such time that I press the start/stop button again.

I noticed when I use the Rane Twelves with Virtual DJ that when I eject a song from the deck the Rane Twelve turntable platters stop turning.

I need help with just one problem...how do I stop Virtual DJ from stopping my Rane Twelve decks? I want the Rane Twelve platters to spin continuously, regardless if I eject a track from the Virtual DJ software. I need this functionality because I use my scroll/load knob on the Rane Twelves to drop in a track from the first cue point, on beat. If the decks aren't already spinning, there is a significant lag / delay in the start of the track I'm dropping in.

Does anyone know how I can tell Virtual DJ to cease from stopping / starting my Rane Twelve turntables?

Posted Sat 24 Jul 21 @ 9:06 pm
I've looked in the manual & this Script School, but I can't find a way to do this, does anyone have any idea please :

I use a Video Skin when I'm playing videos,
I'm trying to create a button/script to turn the video skin on and off (not the whole video ouput, just the video skin)
Example - my video skin shows the song Artist/Title/Year
Sometime we play "guess the year this song was released" so I don't want all that info displaying on screen.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Posted Fri 30 Jul 21 @ 3:20 pm
setting videoskin ""

to turn off

setting videoskin "for Live:live"

to turn back on, the actual quoted string check your setting with the skin active for the correct param

for a toggle switch
setting videoskin "" ? setting videoskin "for Live:live" : setting videoskin ""

again your quoted skin may differ

credit to Nicotux, as I was messing with load_skin verb until I searched.
Well worthy of being documented here.

Posted Fri 30 Jul 21 @ 3:54 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
That's a little weird (does not always work depending on automix and karaoke that can override setting)
setting usevideoskin

Posted Fri 30 Jul 21 @ 3:55 pm
You guys are awesome,
thanks for that quick answer, specially late on a Friday when we're getting ready for the weekend.
Have a good one

Posted Fri 30 Jul 21 @ 3:58 pm
@DJ Penflod we're not always this fast, but we try to be.

@Nicotux can't second guess everything, if we knew every user detail we wouldn't be guessing.

Posted Fri 30 Jul 21 @ 4:10 pm
I have noticed the same thing, and I'd like to find a fix for it. Have you found one?

lt_jordan wrote :
...Does anyone know how I can tell Virtual DJ to cease from stopping / starting my Rane Twelve turntables?

Posted Sat 14 Aug 21 @ 7:20 am
@lt_jordan && @musicbycsharp

just don't unload the deck.

Posted Sat 14 Aug 21 @ 7:28 am
A few things in BUILD 6636 (2021-09-08)
-New default keyboard mapper. Start typing to start searching, hold ALT pressed to show keyboard overlay and double-press ALT to make it sticky and use shortcuts without holding ALT
-pitch_bend can be used to move song while paused
-Add browser_open_folder script to open/close selected folder

browser_open_folder is pretty straight forward no point in going over it, personally I'm more a fan of using, browser_enter, browser_folder to navigate browser windows folders & songs, but this is a slightly different way to do the same is thing.

Again pitch_bend can be used to move song while paused, not much to it just a sight script tweak, now very little need to use "nudge" scripts, pitch_bend is a finer touch.

-New default keyboard mapper
sort of helps keep searching & scripting separate from the keyboard. A general tidy up, modernisation and streamlining
Let's look at it.

I select the factory default keyboard mapping and I hold ALT
and this is what I see [holding alt will call the new action " keyboard_shortcuts " ]

ATL+
21 keys for left & right decks including pads some global actions like crossfade adjust pitch all, switch pfl, mix now.
pretty tidy
I could ALT+1 to make deck left play, but I could also double tap ALT to make the Alt key stick and just press 1 on it's own, I press ALT again to "unstick" the alt key

A few actions also tied to CTRL+, mostly browser navigation

only one action tied to Shift+ [shift+Esc] opens settings

So this new mapping also introduces a new type of button press event
UNMAPPED
any key press that doesn't have an action tied to it will call the UNMAPPED script, which in this default mapping goes straight to search.

If you consider you keyboard a vital piece of equipment to call scripts this new mapping may not be for you, but the OSD is kind of nice to see your mapping in position and not as a list [I spotted some things I could tidy up on my own extensive, 10 years in the making,keyboard mapping]

I think that's it for now.

Posted Wed 08 Sep 21 @ 10:31 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Also note (b6646): "RIGHT ALT" also known as "ALT GR" opens the CTRL+ALT map or close ALT map
double pressure make it sticky as well
press "RIGHT ALT" again to "unstick" the MAP

when holding "RIGHT ALT" pressing CTRL will toggle ALT map at release (not when sticky)

Even the tiny doc says "While holding CTRL or ALT, show keyboard mapping overlay in browser area" the CTRL key does not seem to make it appear - CTRL+ and CTRL+SHIFT maps do not display

COMPLEX to use with combination keys for now (may need some fixes) :
pressing CTRL then ALT will not open the map, but pressing ALT then CTRL will
pressing SHIFT then ALT will not open the map, but pressing ALT then SHIFT will
pressing SHIFT then RIGHT ALT will open the map as well as RIGHT ALT then SHIFT
this is the same map as ALT+CTRL+SHIFT
pressing CTRL then RIGHT ALT will open the map releasing will temporary show ALT map but go back to CTRL+ALT map; next pressure to CTRL make ALT map display

This is a restricted keyboard (no keypad)

Posted Thu 16 Sep 21 @ 4:59 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you want the map on ctrl or shift as well you can simply assign keyboard_shortcuts to those as well.
For the default map we decided not to since ctrl is also used for some basic shortcuts like ctrl+a, ctrl+c ctrl+v or hold and click to select multiple files. It might be annoying to have the keyboard map pop uo while trying to use the browser.
Therefore the shortcuts we did assign to ctrl are also the ones related to the browser

Posted Thu 16 Sep 21 @ 6:33 am
This is all cool stuff ! Thanks for posting more details.

Is there a way to add a second KB, one that VDJ sees and can be set to the default Mapping, and another that VDJ does not see that is used for typing in other applications on a different screen?

When I attempt to add a second USB, KB I don't see it added to Mapping section so one can define its use.
(Both KBs work perfectly, can type on either.)

would a PS2 and USB keyboard combo look different to VDJ so it would see both?

Currently I make to many mistakes, (when attempting to type in other applications), if I have the Default KB mapping enabled .. It would be great if one could have a second KB added for that.

Posted Thu 16 Sep 21 @ 6:40 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
No, afaik windows does not tell an application which keyboard a key press is coming from.
It might be possible by handling the keyboards with custom code and reading the data from the keyboard directly, but I think the number of people interested in connecting a second keyboard will be too small to justify the complexity

Posted Thu 16 Sep 21 @ 6:45 am
35%