Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Playlist Order Number - Page: 3
SO SIMPLE, WHY IS THIS OVERLOOKED?
I agree this is a massive oversight and without this VERY SIMPLE feature, playlists can get turned into chaos if you are sorting or moving tracks on the fly to adjust based on crowd, feedback, mistake etc.

Serato has this feature and it's critical, especially for a DJ like myself that plays a number of different venues and styles of music all in a single night.

This simple column of numbers has become even more important (in Serato and hopefully VDJ) when performing multi-column sorting where I can sort by first BPM then KEY, allowing me to group tracks more closely together.

Some playlists or crates have a small number of tracks, but when I do longer shows (3-5 hours) being able to quickly see where I am in a playlist without actually counting tracks is a MUST HAVE feature.

VDJ has so many important features that make it the platform of choice for certain events I DJ, especially with the event scheduler. However, without the simple visual of track numbers, I find myself moving back to Serato.

Posted Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 5:44 pm
On the other hand, I've never needed track numbers and probably never will. I've been DJing since the late 70s and it's not an issue for me - at all.

I don't even use/need playlists. Never had 'em when I played vinyl, never had 'em when I played CDs. Don't need 'em now. :-)

Posted Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 7:21 pm
Not something I've ever used but it has been requested many many times since I started using VDJ in 2008.

Surely not that hard to implement Adion?

Posted Mon 06 Jan 20 @ 9:24 pm
DJ MekuHome userMember since 2019
+1 on this feature of "Set Order" alongside Reset Order will be VERY useful!
Like half of the work is in preparation. This would definitely save us time and make me upgrade for sure!

Like it just happened to me, I was making a playlist since last night,
only to find out "Reset Order" messed everything up,
because it was already ordered by a column.
I was creating this flow and now it's completely gone!
Had I the "Set Order" button, I wouldn't be starting all over again like I am now :-(

Posted Thu 16 Jul 20 @ 8:42 am
ymed85PRO InfinityMember since 2020
+1
Indispensable function for preparing playlists in the best possible way!!!
Numbers make it easier to add new tracks in the desired order

Posted Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 11:29 pm
OMG! New to VDJ. Spent hours creating a playlist in order to only be lost by clicking "order by artist"

Posted Sat 26 Dec 20 @ 9:10 pm

Posted Sat 26 Dec 20 @ 9:58 pm
DJSoundMark wrote :
It would be great if VDJ had the ability to set an Order Number for songs within a playlist. This is how I see it working. Once you manually organize songs in a particular order you desire in a playlist, you could press a button that sets the Order Number of all songs in that playlist to how you have them currently set. Once the Order Numbers are set, you could then display the "Order Number" field (new VDJ field) and sort on it. That way you could sort a playlist one way, and then immediately get it back to your "desired order" by sorting on the Order Number field.

The Order Number field would have to be a data element associated with the playlist and not the song so that you could have the same song in different playlists with different order numbers in each playlist.

You should have the ability the reset the order any time after initially setting it. Perhaps being prompted, "are you sure you want to overwrite the the previous order?".

This would be an awesome feature for me. Thanks for considering.

Posted Thu 03 Jun 21 @ 6:20 am
ymed85PRO InfinityMember since 2020
user16901873 wrote :
SO SIMPLE, WHY IS THIS OVERLOOKED?
I agree this is a massive oversight and without this VERY SIMPLE feature, playlists can get turned into chaos if you are sorting or moving tracks on the fly to adjust based on crowd, feedback, mistake etc.

Serato has this feature and it's critical, especially for a DJ like myself that plays a number of different venues and styles of music all in a single night.

This simple column of numbers has become even more important (in Serato and hopefully VDJ) when performing multi-column sorting where I can sort by first BPM then KEY, allowing me to group tracks more closely together.

Some playlists or crates have a small number of tracks, but when I do longer shows (3-5 hours) being able to quickly see where I am in a playlist without actually counting tracks is a MUST HAVE feature.

VDJ has so many important features that make it the platform of choice for certain events I DJ, especially with the event scheduler. However, without the simple visual of track numbers, I find myself moving back to Serato.

+1

Posted Thu 03 Jun 21 @ 2:39 pm
I use the user 1 field and use the following number Order

Now when ever I view the tracks they are sorted in my set number Order.

Posted Thu 03 Jun 21 @ 3:12 pm
It's now a feature in the software

Posted Sun 04 Jul 21 @ 6:18 pm