Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Allen and Heath DB2 and VDJ8 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

No extra suggestions to sort out this problem? So I can't use the Allen And Heath DB2 (or a DB4) as a soundcard with the 64bit driver in VDJ then? It would have to be a 32 bit driver. Ok I hope this information will at least help others make their desicions when buying products.

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 12:38 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
RichardMa wrote :

The issue is this as soon as assign the ASIO drivers to the outputs everything stops working. The decks lock up and no other functions work.

Ok, back to the beginning.
So, you DO get the ASIO drivers to appear on your system!
If that's the case and the drivers "don't work" that's a completely different issue and most likely it has a very simple solution.
Please, bring your system up to the state that you CAN select the ASIO drivers on VirtualDj 8 sound config.
Then, (even if it's not working) restart VirtualDj and let us know if you get a toast message with an error (Like "Failed to initialize ASIO driver")

Done this and there is no error message

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 12:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
My suggestion would be to try the latest beta build of VirtualDJ 8 . 2483. There is a change there which might help.
(enable get Beta builds from either "Your Account" or Advanced Options of VirtualDJ)

Posted Thu 08 Oct 15 @ 12:49 pm
Thanks for that DJdad. I have tried it but it hasn't helped.

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 9:11 am
So managed to do my gig on Saturday using my SC2900 as a sound card from VDJ and going through the RCA outputs.
Lots of back up options of memory sticks and other software. So got there in the end.
I want to try one more thing before I decide to use this method on-going. In the ASIO driver there are a number of settings can some one just confirm what the output frequency and bit rate setting should be also if there are any parameters in the ASIO driver that can cause VDJ to hang. These must be the same for all ASIO drivers aren't they?

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 9:23 am
It's best to use 44.1kHz 16 bit, as that's the most likely way your source files have been recorded i.e. if you've ripped from CDs or purchased MP3s online.

I think VDJ 8 is more compatible with other sample/bit rates now (VDJ 7 didn't like anything higher than CD standard) but if your audio interface can work at 44.1/16 then that's the most sensible choice. The other important thing to set is the ASIO buffer size - which depends on how capable your computer is. If it's a good spec, then you should be able to get it quite low before hearing any glitching.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 5:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)