Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Crash when hardware on - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Why does vdj crash only when my denon 3700s or denon x1600 are plugged in? I can function the program without them on. I reinstalled it and the problem still persists.

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 8:57 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Does it crash if both /Mappers and /Devices folder are empty ?
If not try to add all files again in those folders (one by one) and see from which file the crash comes. There could be some corrupted file or an action assigned incorrectly.

If still crashing, try to delete settings.xml (from /Documents/VirtualDJ ) and relaunch

Posted Fri 12 Jun 15 @ 11:44 pm
Oddly enough the program randomly started working after I reinstalled it. It was crashing after the reinstall for a little while though.

thanks for the reply

Posted Sat 13 Jun 15 @ 10:51 am
Well the problem reoccurred. Deleting the settings filed fixed it (for now) but now the update keeps failing. So frustrating.

EDIT: I lied, it keeps crashing.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 10:03 pm
I'm also having this glitch when I click the mapper list, one mapper automatically gets removed.

You know it's been over a year since 8 came out and I'm still having problems with these denon 3700s, x1600, and program alltogether. Am I allowed to become impatient now?

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 11:04 pm
Now I can't even click the configuration menu without the program crashing.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 11:27 pm
Bump. How come no one knows how to fix these problems with the denon 3700s and x1600 mixer?????

Posted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 11:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you using any custom mapping for the 3700 ? Can u try deleting/removing the custom mapping from the Mappers folder ?
Are you using the X1600 as a MIDI mixer with some custom definition or Simple Midi ? Can you also try to remove those files from Mappers and Devices folder ?
It would help if you could go step by step and tell if the crash comes from the Cd or the mixer.

Btw, we have no crash report uploaded from you. Is this a software crash (VirtualDJ relaunches automatically) or a a Windows crash , freeze etc ?
Is yoru computer connected to the Internet when the crash occurs ?

Posted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 4:33 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Do you have this problem with just the X1600 connected?

I use an X1600 myself and haven't experienced any crashes related to it.

Posted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 4:36 pm
There is no crash report because the program ends up not responding and I have to end the program through task manager.

I've deleted all the mappers in the folders, the settings file, and reinstalled the program. The program was not letting me update it either before and after the reinstall. I am also connected to the Internet through the Midst of all this.

Can a representative screen share with me in a few hours so I can show you these problems?
Thanks for the replies

Posted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 6:50 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Do you have this problem with just the X1600 connected?

I use an X1600 myself and haven't experienced any crashes related to it.

Yes. It crashes when both 3700 and x1600 are connected, or either is connected,

Posted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 8:10 pm
It crashes. Every time.

Every single time I try to assign deck 1 and 2.

But you guys dont care?

Guess I'll wait a few more days for replies that get me nowhere?

This problem didn't happen a few days ago (these crashing problems, not the other 15 problems I've had since 8 came out originally). Only when this new update came out.

Posted Tue 16 Jun 15 @ 9:54 pm
What do you mean when you say 'assign' a deck?

Did you also remove everything from the Devices folder as requested?

One of our support agents can do a screen share with you if you contact support via an interactive medium such as chat or the phone.

Hopefully they will he able to see what is going on and assist you. I use the X1600 at every gig with either CDJ2000 Nexus or 1210s and don't experience this.

If it only happened with a new update then you can retest with an older build and let us know exactly what build worked.

Posted Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 2:45 am
Support ticket sent.

Posted Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 11:31 am
I did actually recommend a live interactive support session such as chat, mainly because it's difficult to arrange a screen sharing session via a support ticket because they are not real time.

Your support ticket also did not answer any of my above questions:

What do you mean when you say 'assign' a deck?
Did you also remove everything from the Devices folder as requested?
If it only happened with a new update then you can retest with an older build and let us know exactly what build worked?

The support agent handling your case will likely refer to this and your other thread to get some background information. The more you can provide, the quicker the process will be :)

Posted Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 11:42 am
When I try to assign deck 1 and deck 2 on the vdj audio tab to channels 1/2 and 3/4 it usually crashes.
The program has also crashed when I click on the little asio driver box under the sound card driver in the vdj assignment page.
The program crashes any time I turn it on and my denon x1600 and/or denon 3700 are connected to the computer via midi cable.
I'm sure there's more I can't think of right now. A crash or not responding is the outcome every time I turn the program on.

Like I've said before, I tried deleting the /mapper, /devices, settings.xml folders/files, and reinstalled the program twice.

I've also had the problem of the mappers 'key' text deleting itself when I click the 'action' under the controller tab.

Posted Wed 17 Jun 15 @ 7:19 pm
I'm getting the same problem, the latest VDJ8 build crashes every single time with my Denon MC-6000 connected. I have to delete the programme and revert to installing version 1785, as it's the latest version I have the install file for. Until this problem is fixed, I urgently need an install file for whatever build I had two weeks ago as that worked flawlessly.

Posted Thu 18 Jun 15 @ 5:25 pm

Posted Thu 18 Jun 15 @ 8:11 pm
What version of the Denon ASIO driver is installed?

Does it crash if you use WASAPI instead?

Have you tried completely uninstalling the Denon driver and reinstalling it? I have no such issues with it here on multiple PCs.

Posted Thu 18 Jun 15 @ 9:53 pm
Thanks for the reply.

My asio driver is version 2.22. I reinstalled the asio driver 3 times and oddly enough the program is starting to work with this hardware again. I can't say for sure if the asio driver was the problem because the program did work a few times in-between these crashes the past few days, so there could be an underlying issue.

Now how come every time I click any mapper in the mapper controller page the mapper 'key' instantly gets deleted? Every time I want to change a mapper I have to reenter the key phrase. Could this bug be from an update I haven't received yet? (which leads me to my next question)...

How can I check for updates in vdj 8? I must be missing it somewhere as I don't see it in the program or connected to any file location files.

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 12:29 am
91%