Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Crash when hardware on - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The KEY file getting deleted in mappers page was indeed a bug that has been fixed in latest beta.
VirtualDj always auto-updates itself when you have an internet connection.
By default it auto-updates only to "Public" builds. In other words only in builds that have been tested and verified to work properly.
Between these public builds sometimes "beta" builds get released as well. You won't receive those unless you change a setting on your settings (setting "getBetaBuilds")
Finally, ALL public builds were "Beta" builds at some point. This means that a "beta" build can become "public" build after some time if testing does not provide any new bugs.
Not ALL "beta" builds become "public" builds though!

PS:
When VirtualDj finds a new update it downloads it silently in the background. When download finishes if VirtualDj is idle (no track is playing on any deck) then a pop-up window will notify you and will ask you if you want to update. If VirtualDj is busy, then it will ask you if you want to update upon the next launch of the software.
When the automatic update procedure fails, usually that's because VirtualDj is still running in the background. You can either use Windows Task Manager to kill the running process, or reboot your PC. After that the update should complete properly.

I hope this helps!

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 5:57 am
Yes that helped me, thanks.

I was still not receiving an update option, nor was it updated because I was still having the key mapper bug (all vdj processes were in fact shut off). However I turned on the betabuild update, which brought me to the current build anyway..so now it's fine.

Posted Fri 19 Jun 15 @ 10:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)