Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: TouchWheel BackSpin Delay [FIXED] - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

The newest beta is once again unuseable for me, go back to whatever it was cause its worse now.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 8:19 pm
Can we please go back to the previous settings or please give us a way to set this ourselves??

Latest build is unusable again, if a video is needed Ill gladly upload one.

Posted Thu 09 Apr 15 @ 10:24 pm
After some serious steadying last night it is NOT my players.

There is no delay when using Serato in midi mode, there is no delay when using a cd, there is no delay when using flash drives......

I can not be the only person who has this problem?!?!

Posted Fri 10 Apr 15 @ 2:43 pm
hi ya i have posted up about this too, hoping that they fix/resolve on new build, the platters should pick up as soon as you let go of them, the 1 -2 second delay is a nightmare, i can't scratch but trying to learn and since going from VDJ7 to 8 its nigh impossible. not tried turning off the backspin as suggested but will give this a whirl tonight.

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 8:52 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As posted in another thread you have asked the same question, if you wish the track to continue playing right after you release the platter and not waiting for the platter to complete its backwards moving, goto Config->OPTIONS and set TouchwheelBackspin setting to Yes.
Keep in mind that version 7 didnt have this option. Version 7 was waiting for the platter to stop in order to start playing again, exactly like Version 8 does now. There may be a difference on the "sensitivity" of the speed, but more or less both versions were working the same on default settings.

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 8:55 am
I just wish you'd let me decide what sensitivity VDJ gets set too cause right I still can't use my 850's in midi mode because the delay is to much and pushing forward is a habit I've had to break myself of......... I've mentioned it's worse then before but no one has said anything about it.

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 9:25 am
I'm bumpin this back up because I just hooked up my CDJ 850's and the delay is still there. Now for slow scratches I can handle it but when I get into some quick cuts its a no go.

I switched to another program (SDJ) and the delay is no where as bad as VDJ is. Now I know I'm probably an exception and the team is probably sick of me but this is something that needs fixed.

When I walk up to a Pioneer setup I can't even use VDJ in midi mode because of this and please don't tell me just to stick with time codes.....

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 9:33 pm
I guess I just can't do backspins anymore......... That's a real fix fellas 👍

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 7:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Actually the backspin has been silently improved over the last couple of updates. Still not good in the latest beta for you ?

Do you have the same behavior with other jogwheels as well ? Can you check e.g. your Mixdeck Quad or some other ?

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 2:06 pm
I ditched the Quad a while ago so Alls I have now are 1200's, Pioneer CDJ 850's and Denon 5500's (which don't work in midi mode plus the platters rotate so it wouldn't be the same, lol). I have a DDJ SB I could try out.

But in my defense the 850's work exactly how there suppose to with SDJ & Traktor, CDs or even flash drives.

I'm gonna just make a video tonight showing everything.

It's not my decks, it's the program........

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 7:25 pm
I have tried and tried and tried, I just spent an hour with my DDJ SB, Pioneer 850's and a Pioneer DJM 850.

There is no difference to me in fact the 850's are worse then the SB (SB is still pretty bad)! It's almost like VDJ can't keep up with the amount of data it's getting from the 850's. It's almost like it skips. Now this is with backspin turned off. With backspin set to yes I can't even pull of 2 click flares fast because VDJ stalls out and then it seems like it jumps forward to catch back up. Basically it doesn't match my movements and the sound proves it.

The 850's are the only midi decks I own with VDJ but I won't be able to try out a set of 2000's until the end of the month.

I'm almost ready to throw the towel in here and move on. I've been talking about this for quite some time and it's only gotten worse. It's almost like no one cares. I will say this about Serato they have mastered the feel. VDJ 7 was a lot better then 8 ever has been as far as platter response goes. Maybe it's because I could adjust it myself??

I know you guys are tired of me and I'm tired of fighting this and that. I guess the shoe no longer fits so it might be time for me to buy a new pair. 👌

Posted Mon 01 Jun 15 @ 9:50 pm
3 months later and still have a delay when scratching.......... Guess ill have to settle for mediocrity yet again with VDJ 👌

I just don't understand why you guys think your way is always so much better?? Why can't you just let me set this myself!?!?

Posted Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 9:16 pm
Same problem here!!!! I can compensate for music but for vids no way!!!!!!! and I am pissed! I have no problems with Serato. I like virtual DJ. If they offer, full support on a controller and it docent work the way it should then why am I still waiting 2 months?
I have gigs and still have to use other programs so I am not embarrassed a bought latency when I spin vids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 3:55 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I'm not sure what your issue iis? You haven't actually described it at all.

Huey - does turning off the backspin setting improve things for you or not?

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 4:45 am
👌

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 6:25 am
Yes turning off backspin helps a lot........ But then I have NO backspin.

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 6:26 am
Is it possible to make a video, so I can see exactly what you mean. I have the same setup as you, I use cdj 850 and SL1210MKII with Traktor Timecode.
I'm not a scratch dj, but I play almost 27 years with vinyl now, last years also VDJ for practicing at home. For me the feeling on both systems is very good.
I can't say that I feel strange issues when switching between timecode, CDJ or real vinyl with the last builds of VDJ8.
I have a licence for Serato, Traktor and DJay Pro, but I'm not a skilled user, so I can not compare with other digital DJ software.
As a test I'm going to use one cdj in midi-mode and one with timecode. If I can find my timecode-cd's ;-)

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 7:33 am
For slow scratches it's fine, but the problem starts when I start doing a lot of quick cuts.

As for timecodes just download the tone and put it on a flash drive and play it that way. CD, flash drive or other programs are just fine. The problem is VDJ.

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 10:14 am
I tried again with a cd right, and left VDJ8, same song. So when I put the wheel resistance of the wheel right (cd) on 3, than there is almost no difference between left and right. Both feel the same. Backspin goes the same, sounds the same. Personal I prefer the song to start a little faster (as wheel resistance of the cd put on 2), maybe they also should map the rotary knob on the cdj that changes the wheel resistance, because that does not work with the standard mapper, so you can chose the delay.
But again, I don't do tricks or scratch. Timecode with cdj will be tested next week, I work a bit during the weekend ;-)

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 12:58 pm
Pioneer cdj 850 platters don't have a resistance knob, only the 900's and I know for sure the 2000's do so I have no clue what knob your talking about.

You can adjust the 850's start/stop time but when in midi mode that's mapped to fx 1's parameter knob.

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 2:53 pm
77%