Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: TouchWheel BackSpin Delay [FIXED] - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I mean knob vinyl speed adjust. Put it on 3 and jogwheel with cd reacts the same as VDJ8.
(you do can change resistance of jogwheel on cdj850, just open him an change screw inside from -2 till +2, but it was not what I meant)

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 4:27 pm
I'm not talking about using cd's.

Like I have said many times in this thread, I have no problems when using cd's, thumb drives or other programs such as SDJ.

The problem is only there when using my 850's in midi mode........

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 6:49 pm
Camera is charging so I'll make a video using VDJ, SDJ, CD's and flash drives.........

The way VDJ has the platters setup does not feel natural, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE .....

Posted Fri 26 Jun 15 @ 8:46 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Camera is charging so I'll make a video using VDJ, SDJ, CD's and flash drives.........

The way VDJ has the platters setup does not feel natural, THERE IS A DIFFERENCE .....

Thanks, will give me a better idea about the difference you are having.

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 2:00 am
This is with SDJ and VDJ 8 both in midi mode using the same hardware ( DJM 850, set of CDJ 850's) and the same tracks,

You can see my hand lifting up off the platter, you can also see the needle thing pause when im using VDJ. It is not the same, VDJ clearly LAGS when scratching! There are no settings within VDJ that I can adjust to fix this, Atomix is the only one who can fix this.............

If you need another video from a different angle showing my whole hand and the platter just let me know...........

This is really the last problem Im having with VDJ, audio and video fx's Ive given up on as well as the blurred videos. Im awaiting any kind of response from anybody from the team..........

Also when using these players as controllers the "jogSensitivityScratch" SHOULD be set to 0.76. That's means when you make 1 full turn of your jog wheel VDJ also makes 1 full turn of its jog wheel. Leaving it at the default 1.00 is like a turn and a half which throws off a scratch even more.

Posted Sat 27 Jun 15 @ 1:43 pm
Email sent back with my findings.....

Posted Sun 28 Jun 15 @ 12:17 pm
Just downloaded VDJ 7 (yes I deleted off of my machine because it is no longer being updated and I like to move forward) and the delay is NOT there, I repeat! The delay is NOT there.

The sound quailty isn't as good but the delay is not there.

I will upload another video if you don't believe me but as I've said this whole time the problem is VDJ 8.........

I don't believe it's a mapper issue because after I downloaded 7 all I did was setup my sound and loaded a scratch sample and not a delay was found.........

I'm just gonna upload a video later because I feel as if fault is being put on me and my equipment.

Posted Tue 30 Jun 15 @ 7:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I have sent all the data and our email log to the Dev Team. I am sure we will have news soon.

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 9:24 am
Friday I'll be using a set of pioneer 2000's so I'm gonna see if I get the same results......

If I don't get the delay I'll ditch the 800's just like I did with the 5500's and buy something else.

No use in keeping something that won't get fixed or work properly 👌

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 1:45 pm
Please mark this as "Fixed/Solved", Newest beta has fixed this issue!!

Thanks for sticking with me Bob and the team 👍

Respect 🙏

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 2:21 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It would be useful to know which values you ended up using.

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 10:55 pm
I have mine set at 2.0 but I've tried it as high as 5.0 and was still able to pull off backspins 👌

Posted Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 5:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)