Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: V8 but by FRUiT - Page: 16
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The skin is a full 4 decks skin in only one skin file, means you can show decks 3 & 4 even in the 2 decks layout.

You might remap the TAB key to :

deck left select ? deck right select : deck left select

So it will not alternate between the 4 decks but will toggle the sides, depending on which deck is showing on either side.

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 10:45 am
Fruit wrote :
Are you using VDJ 8.2 ?

Yes, but, as mentioned I've turned off the monitoring for now.

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 12:53 pm
Ok but that might be a bug.

Is it the same computer / OS you were using with VDJ 8.1 ?

Posted Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 2:51 pm
OMG! after all these years .... i love it!
the best thing ever
deck left select ? deck right select : deck left select

whoop whooop FRUiTybaby ;-)

Posted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 2:34 pm
Thanks my dear friend ^^

Mind that the skin isn't finished yet, if you wanna see something else in it feel free to ask :)

Posted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 6:59 pm
My very dear friend Mr. FRUiT,
may I just say that your skin will never be finished, because you always work on it, improve it, take into consideration everything that all of the people want and need...
you are an artist
you take the ideas/sugestions from the users....
and make them reality.

one day we'll drink a beer(or a glass of wine) together mon ami

Posted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 8:11 pm
Fruit wrote :
Ok but that might be a bug.

Is it the same computer / OS you were using with VDJ 8.1 ?

Yes, MBP running El Capitan.

Posted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 8:22 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
raypitman wrote :

Hey I will join you guys... Fruit is good company!

Posted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 8:30 pm
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
I solved my problem. Hope the answer can help someone else out.

How to create a keyboard shortcut for the Extended Browser.

I linked it to Shift+z
show_window 'external_browser' 0 & set '@$v8bf_layout' 0 ? show_window 'external_browser' 0 & set '@$v8bf_layout' 9 : show_window 'external_browser' 0 & set '@$v8bf_layout' 0

Also, I have a Denon MC4000 and linked the push down event of the browser knob. I don't browse my tracks with it anyway. Maybe just navigate my sidelist to load songs.

Posted Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 4:07 am
ohshit wrote :
raypitman wrote :
Hey I will join you guys... Fruit is good company!

With great pleasure friends :cheers:

Posted Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 2:16 pm
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi FRUiT, a couple of us have noticed that the waveforms on your skin seem to "jitter" when we use it with VDJ 8.2 (early access). We never had this issue with VDJ 8 or VDJ 8.1. Hopefully you can look into this for us. Thank You!

Posted Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 8:49 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi Fruit-

Count me in on the "Having a beer"

I just updated to the newest build today and am wondering of you can checkout the wave forms and the Framey/Jittery performance.

My Gear:

MacBookPro With Retina Display
Toshiba Laptop

Both machines are high spec'd machines.

I've tried adjusting the skinFPS to higher settings and the jittery wave forms remain.

The default skins seems fine.

Thank you.

Posted Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 8:51 pm
jbezz wrote :
Hi FRUiT, a couple of us have noticed that the waveforms on your skin seem to "jitter" when we use it with VDJ 8.2 (early access). We never had this issue with VDJ 8 or VDJ 8.1. Hopefully you can look into this for us. Thank You!

It settles down after a few songs or you could switch to the default skin while a song is playing then back again (may take a couple of goes but it worked for me)

Posted Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 8:53 pm
This jitteryness (if that's a word) could possibly be down to the way the background is drawn on this skin.

The old way (and indeed still used by most skins) is to have a bitmap graphic of the background in the skin PNG.

The FRUiT skin however makes use of a feature new to VDJ 8 which allows the software itself to draw areas of colour. The XML code basically "tells" VDJ to draw an area of a certain size in a certain colour - no bitmap required.

Staff have said though that using this method can make the skin "heavy". Maybe the addition of something in 8.2 has caused it to get even heavier?

Posted Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 9:20 pm
BTW, waveform window is the only area that still has a png background under.

I don't know what exactly I could change in waves drawing, it is drawn by the software itself... All I can do is tell the pos and size of it. Thus I'll try to investigate on what I could do on my side.

Can one of you guys make a short video of what you call exactly "jittering" coz I didn't get that issue myself so I don't even imagine what's the rendering of this on screen. Thanks !

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 10:31 am
Fruit wrote :
BTW, waveform window is the only area that still has a png background under.

I don't know what exactly I could change in waves drawing, it is drawn by the software itself... All I can do is tell the pos and size of it. Thus I'll try to investigate on what I could do on my side.

Can one of you guys make a short video of what you call exactly "jittering" coz I didn't get that issue myself so I don't even imagine what's the rendering of this on screen. Thanks !

FRUiT, its like the wave form is kinda lagging.
Here is a video. There are more on that group.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/1571702259742882?view=permalink&id=1757973141115792&ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_comment&notif_id=1466480130216864

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 11:28 am
video not coming up

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 12:38 pm
Sorry but I don't have a facebook account. Is it possible to upload it elsewhere please ?

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 12:52 pm
I'm pretty sure its public and you don't need to have Facebook to open that video. Try again and if it doesn't work I'll share it again somewhere else

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 12:55 pm

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 12:59 pm
42%