Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Content Unlimited Search gives videos only - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hey all! I am the proud new owner of VDJ8 and an amateur DJ. I am trying out Content Unlimited, but I keep running into an issue where I've cached a few tracks and then the search results start to just yield video hits, no audio tracks. I am subscribed to the audio tracks only, and I am selecting Audio under Content Unlimited in the folders. Closing the program out and opening it again doesn't seem to help, but that would be terribly inefficient anyway. I have a gig tomorrow where I will have a good internet connection and want to take requests as it is a mixed age party with lots of people, but I can't rely on this search engine if I can't figure out why it just gives me video results. Please help, and thank you in advance!!!

Running on Windows 7 64-bit

Posted Fri 08 Aug 14 @ 12:57 pm
I ended up making it through 3:45 of the gig before this happened on my laptop--an Asus UL30VT with a C2D running Windows 7 home premium 64-bit. What a weird issue! Still trying to find rhyme and reason as to why this happens with ContentUnlimited. It is not dependent on popularity of the song or anything!

As for my other equipment, I am using an RME Babyface with Asio drivers and a Numark Mixtrack to mix through VDJ8. I haven't tried CU with 7.4 yet.

If any moderators are reading this, please let me know if I am posting in the wrong area--27 views and no response so far.

Posted Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 10:27 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Sorry only saw this post yesterday and by then it was too late, and CU is alien ground for me.

go into advanced options search contentunlimited, have any of the force options been set to yes?

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 5:33 am
Hi, I am running VDJ8 on a 2013 macbook with 10.9.4 Mavericks and noticed the same issue. I have not found a solution but figured i'd share my experience so we can try to narrow down what is causing the issue. I have been a content unlimited subscriber for a few months but only started using it heavily recently. After sometimes a few minutes, sometimes a few hours, it will start returning video results only when searching content unlimited even if the audio folder is selected. I then select force audio search, and then nothing will come up. At the same time I opened up my other macbook running VDJ7 with identical results. It is only a search issue though, If i select a history playlist or virtual folder with a content unlimited audio file (a link to a stream, not a pre-downloaded file) it will buffer up all the way and play without an issue. As I am writing this post it started working normally on both platforms at the same time. Perhaps it is not a VDJ software issue but something related to the content unlimited server? Looking forward to a solution!

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 11:02 am
FUBARDJPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I'm having the same issue it works then it doesn't

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 11:54 pm
I'm having the same problem. I search for audio tracks in Content Unlimited which works great for a couple of minutes, then my searches yield only video results (with purple icon instead of red) that won't load, or take forever to load onto the decks. Extremely annoying! HELP ME! lol

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 6:57 pm
Think I figured it out, go to options, and click on browser. There it will show ContentUnlimitedForceAudio. Mine was set to 'no'. If you click on it until it says 'yes' then it should work! Hope it helps

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 7:16 pm
Nevermind. It's gone back to showing only video....so mad right now

Posted Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 7:48 pm
Having exact same issue. Was relieved to see I wasn't only one but disappointed to realize no one knows how to fix it!!

Posted Wed 31 Dec 14 @ 12:32 pm
Having same exact issue, just updated.. changed to audio only yes and worked for about 10 minutes, then back to only getting video results

Posted Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 6:55 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
can you post a screenshot of your CU settings please ?

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 1:16 am
here are my CU settings.. Just so everyone knows, it came back about 10 minutes later, then started only getting video results again about 5 minutes later....

Thanks for the help...

Posted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 6:40 am
Last night I was able to search audio for about 20 minutes the it would only return video and is still only video 6 hours later..

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 5:04 am
can you please do a bigger posting from the settings tab only ?
very hard to read ...

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 8:06 am
What skin is that?

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 12:50 pm

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 1:31 pm
RobRoy wrote :
can you please do a bigger posting from the settings tab only ?
very hard to read ...

no problem...

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 1:41 pm
please try to set netsearchWhenNoProResults to No and try again.
Not sure how or if netsearch results are filtered too

Posted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 2:55 pm
I live with 2 other DJs who use this software. One mac, 2 asus. All 3 of us cannot access content unlimited audio regularly (randomly it will work very briefly). It seems LUDICROUS to me that this has been going on for a month. How can we fix this?

Posted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 5:37 pm
I changed the setting but it is still happening... Not sure what or how to fix this, I did a support ticket and it has been open since I posted, so I don't think anyone knows how to fix what is going on...

Posted Fri 13 Feb 15 @ 4:35 am
77%