Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Beatgrid and cue points Moving - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i think i finally have a order of operation where it can be reproduced

1 load track is deck and find out grid is wrong
2 re-analyze track and adjust grid
3 edit grouping in the tag editor
4 load a different track
5 reload first track and grid is off again

i hope someone else can reproduce this finally

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 7:54 pm
Can someone please try my step so I know it's not just me cause these steps work for me every time to show the bug

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 12:38 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I did try but it didn't do anything, my testing was a bit loose though I'll try again this evening.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 1:51 pm
thanks for trying

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 2:04 pm
Try these same steps without saving any tags to the track, see if u can replicate the issue...

wickedmix wrote :
i think i finally have a order of operation where it can be reproduced

1 load track is deck and find out grid is wrong
2 re-analyze track and adjust grid
3 edit grouping in the tag editor
4 load a different track
5 reload first track and grid is off again

i hope someone else can reproduce this finally

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 4:24 pm
i do realize the tag saving is probably the culprit but it shouldn't do this and needs fixing
did it mess up when u tried it saving the tag?

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 4:40 pm
LoL, I tried with so many settings in Options not sure which one seemed to have helped, so for now I've been writting tags to file before analyzing them. Once they are analyzed and my cues set I can still mess with the VDJ tags but I do NOT hit the "Write Tags" button anymore.

Also I remember there is an option that says something like "Auto Read File Tags" and "Auto write tags", I turned those off as well. The tags will be read once upon analyzing.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 5:32 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I had a few attempts, wickedmix but I just couldn't recreate the issue, I still stumble into tracks that I'm sure I've corrected but since all my cues need shifting since V7 to 8 It's second nature to correct on load, I think it's video time.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 6:29 pm
i was going to make that video but now i cant get it to do it so weird ....
the other day it happened over and over to like 20 different files now i cant get it to do it.

when it starts again I'll be making that video

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 6:58 pm
yup, in my last recording set it did not happen either, not sure if it was the newer version 1949, or an option or the fact that I do not save file tags after the initial analyze. I doubt I had bad MP3's.

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 7:05 pm
Did this get resolved? I swear this is happening to me...

I've spent around 3 months setting the beat grid on all of my tracks, I play mainly disco and funk, and now I'm using the sampler to play beats over the top and it's out of sync. When I've gone to check the CBG it's like a 8th of a beat out. It appears to be the extra beat anchors that have moved. It doesn't appear to affect all tracks.

I'll definitely stop using the Tag Editor, which I have been, just in case and I'll keep an eye out for repro steps.

If there's anything you, support, would like to see just give me a shout.

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 8:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)