Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Beatgrid and cue points Moving - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

On some of my tracks after i have set the Beatgrid and cue points. When I reload the track at a later date all the points and grid have move about 1/4 beat before their original set location. am I alone on this one or is this happening to others. Its been going on for at least a month for me, at first I figured I was wrong about setting it but why would I have set cue point and not fixed the grid as well. It seems to be random about what tracks it happens to like a roll of the dice never know if I load a track and it will be buggered or not.
Not a big deal as its easy to fix but and inconvenience all the same.

Windows 7 64 bit
VDJ 1855.699
pioneer ddj-ergo

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 11:27 am
SveninoPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have a similar problem.
Nearly all of my beatgrids and cuepoints are shifted.
I have both versions installed (7.4 and 8)

When I open the VDJ 7.4 Version everything is fine.
But in VDJ 8 it´s shifted.

Even with a perfect beatgrid and a good synced Sampler-Loop:
After 16 bars or so the Sampler and the Song are drifting apart (Yes the sample is set to sync)

And something else:
If I fixed the beatgrid with the editor-window, the beatgrid above (the blue one) is shiftes, although in the editor everything´s fine.

What is the matter with this importend thing?

In this state the new version is unusable...

WIN 8 64bit
Version 1845.699

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 5:15 pm
i think there is a fix for all the stuff shifting but my issue is more random. u might do a search.

also im not switching back and forth from 7 and 8 ... im sticking with 8

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 5:27 pm
i think i may have figured out my problem. when i use the controls on my pioneer ddj-ergo to adjust the grid its not remembering those changes after a program close and re-open.
would be great if those changes would get permanently saved.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 9:05 pm
If you set a cue point, and hit the tap tab, it will move the cbg to the right spot. Your cue point is set, and It does not matter which controller you use, it should save automatically.

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 9:15 pm
will try that thanks

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 9:41 pm
well it does move the grid in the correct place thanks for that but it doesn't move my other cue point so I will just stick with -> shift_all_cues -(time)ms for now

Posted Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 9:44 pm
ejl707PRO InfinityMember since 2014
I am experiencing the same issue and this is the pattern I have discovered: If I adjust the CBG and then open up the tag editor and use the "write tag" button after modifying some info, the next time I load that track the CBG will have shifted slightly left. If I re-analyze the track the CBG appears to adjust back to where I had adjusted it. As long as I don't use the "write tag" button, it remains intact. If I utilize the tag editor after adjusting the CBG and just hit "ok" instead of "write tag", the next time I load the song it remembers the adjusted CBG. Hope this helps you reproduce the problem in house. I am running a pc with Windows 7. I haven't tried loading the software onto a windows 8 machine yet, but hope to this weekend. I will run some tests if I do and let you know what I come up with. Writing cover art to the tag also creates the same CBG problem mentioned above.

Posted Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 11:43 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
If you set a cue point, and hit the tap tab, it will move the cbg to the right spot. Your cue point is set, and It does not matter which controller you use, it should save automatically.

even after trying the above i am still experiencing the moving cbg and cue points they all move the same amount to the left.

Posted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 8:45 pm
i tested adding album art and that did not shift anything for me ... can't seem to find write tags to test that?

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 2:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yes I too have noticed this in one instance, I'm working my way through all my tracks sorting out CBG and hotcues being wrong and then I'm tagging them as done, one of the tracks I had marked as done had the hotcues, like you say to the left, where the 7 to 8 cue bug was always to the right, I can't remember what the story with the Cbg was other than it was off.

I have a feeling this one will be a swine to track down.

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 3:58 pm
I wonder - does the file size or CRC change after the "write tag" has been performed?

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 4:23 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I shall experiment

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 5:54 pm
where exactly is the write tag button i cant seem to find it to do any testing? or does the tag get written automatically upon a change in the tag editor or is that just the database that's changed until you hit the elusive "write tag" button lol

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 6:29 pm
Try the Tag Editor....

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 6:31 pm
ok wasnt sure thanks

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 6:32 pm
did a batch tag on a playlist of 53 files with correct CBG positions before the operation and after one 1 file had the CBG moved left not sure the tagging caused it but before they were all fine and i suspect that vdj8 crashed during the tagging because the program flickered.

here's a screen cap of how much it moves

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 6:40 pm
Why do you have a cue point, set on a blank spot? Your cbg is not set at a point I would consider as an optimal position. What is your autocue set to? Are you using smart cue.

Posted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 11:14 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Rick,
This is what I was trying to explain in that other thread about bpm correction with tap.
He didn't set the cue, the program did, on load, and has no clue where the first down beat is, yet it sets a cue anyway.
I have been harping on this for months, the cbg placement and drift problem is not new to 8.

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 5:03 am
the cue is there because the program moved it and the grid there not me it was set on the first beat then something goes wrong and vdj moves all the cues and grid to the left and that image is the result of the malfunction. also as u can see the first beat is no longer set to 1 as it was before this happened.

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 6:57 am
39%