Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: V8 but by FRUiT - Page: 29

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Please read the page right before this one.

I could not tell if this issue is related to my skin especially. I would rather think it is a bug in VDJ because I didn't implement anything regarding the plugins windows YET. But for a start, click the pin to attach the window back into the browser.

Posted Wed 27 Apr 16 @ 9:00 am
LOVE the update, but there's a small bug on the karaoke screen...

The "Title" and "Singer" are VERY tiny, and this is on a 24" screen.

But I don't know if this has to do with the pending karaoke additions discussed in another thread that are coming out in the next update.

P.S. Atomix needs to make this the default skin. :)

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 3:07 pm
Well it's not really a bug, I decided to make the columns headers as tinier as possible (but to keep them clickable for an eventual reorder) in order to make the most possible room for songs inputs, and because this sideview area is not that high. In the other hand, as long as you know what the columns are assigned to, it doesn't really matter they have a huge height with big letters.

Thanks for your kind comment ^^

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 3:15 pm
@BigDawg, if you're comfortable with editing the skin XML file, you could just remove the font statements from the <sideview> code for the automix / karaoke view.

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 3:53 pm
Oh yes, true, forgot to mention, thanks Groovin :)

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 4:25 pm
Here's an idea: One possible modification on the automix/karaoke screen would be to extend the small sideview window down to the bottom of the skin, moving the right hand edge of the main browser left, so it's narrower and allows the sideview window to be full height on the right side.

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 5:07 pm
> todo list :)

Thx.

Posted Mon 02 May 16 @ 6:16 pm
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Is there any way to map a custom button to trigger the Extended Browser? Or is there a more efficient way that I'm missing?

Thanks.

Posted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 10:08 am
Assuming you want to toggle between the 2-decks layout and the extended browser layout, the button would be :

var '@$v8bf_layout' 0 ? set '@$v8bf_layout' 9 : set '@$v8bf_layout' 0

The var @$v8bf_layout controls which layout to show as follows :

0 : 2 decks
1 : Automix
2 : 4 decks swap
3 : 4 decks w/ext browser
8 : Jukebox
9 : Extended browser

Posted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 6:33 pm
Thank you for the reply. I ended up figuring out a solution. Not sure if it is proper, but it works.

I linked it to Shift+z
show_window 'external_browser' 0 & set '@$v8bf_layout' 0 ? show_window 'external_browser' 0 & set '@$v8bf_layout' 9 : show_window 'external_browser' 0 & set '@$v8bf_layout' 0

Also, I have a Denon MC4000 and linked the push down event of the browser knob. I don't browse my tracks with it anyway. Maybe just navigate my sidelist to load songs.

Posted Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 4:14 am
Hi Fruit,

First thanks for the browser - i know you have heard it before but it really is easier on the eyes.

The extended browser is good good tired eyes too and I'm trying to do the same thing to map it to a hot key but with no success can you help please? I have mapped the
class="sourcecode">var '@$v8bf_layout' 0 ? set '@$v8bf_layout' 9 : set '@$v8bf_layout' 0v>
to a hot hot key but it switches from 2 deck to karaoke and doesn't toggle back. I've only just downloaded the skin so I guess it's up to date?

thanks.

Posted Sat 02 Jul 16 @ 5:36 am

This works fine here, just toggles between 2-decks and extended browser.

Posted Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 7:48 am
Thanks Fruit,

That does indeed work, I must have been doing something stupid but the stupid thing is I don't know what it was. Any way thanks again, the skin is perfect for my needs and being able to toggle the browser will make it a pleasure to work with.

Posted Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 11:24 pm

Posted Mon 04 Jul 16 @ 7:41 am
Am I missing a setting or is it normal that my cue points on the decks don't change color to match what I colored the cues in POI?

The just stay red. Isn't that the point of setting the cue points to different colors? Or am I missing something?

Also, as a help to BenFleet, can you modify this code for him for his keyboard too? In case he wants to use 4 decks? It works great on my controller. It's a little complicated for me now to modify just for keyboard shortcut. The original 2 deck I had figured out, but then it got WAY more complicated. lol.

var '$shift' ? var '@$v8bf_layout' 0 ? set '@$v8bf_layout' 9 & set '$fromdecks' 2 : var '@$v8bf_layout' 2 ? set '@$v8bf_layout' 9 & set '$fromdecks' 4 : var '@$v8bf_layout' 9 ? var_equal '$fromdecks' 2 ? set '$fromdecks' 0 & set '@$v8bf_layout' 0 : var_equal '$fromdecks' 4 ? set '$fromdecks' 0 & set '@$v8bf_layout' 2 : nothing : nothing : browser_window 'folders,songs,automix'

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 7:29 am
You won't be able to do the same thing with only one shortcut. But with two :

"F9" wrote :
var '@$v8bf_layout' 0 ? set '@$v8bf_layout' 9 & set '$fromdecks' 2 : var '@$v8bf_layout' 2 ? set '@$v8bf_layout' 9 & set '$fromdecks' 4 : var '@$v8bf_layout' 9 ? var_equal '$fromdecks' 2 ? set '$fromdecks' 0 & set '@$v8bf_layout' 0 : var_equal '$fromdecks' 4 ? set '$fromdecks' 0 & set '@$v8bf_layout' 2 : set '@$v8bf_layout' 0 : set '@$v8bf_layout' 0

"SHIFT+F9" wrote :
browser_window 'folders,songs,automix'

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 5:49 pm
Colored cue buttons will be offered in 0.8.

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 5:52 pm
This skin is a real game changer. bravo!

Posted Fri 22 Jul 16 @ 9:27 pm
Thx :)

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 10:32 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I change the color comment rating and artist,to see rating artist and song together.can you change or add as a option

Posted Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 3:59 pm
75%