Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 35
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
bentodman93 wrote :
Related tracks. Having a side list for each loaded track that allows you to link tracks to it. It would allow me to group tracks that work together easily and allow me to play from history less.

A feature I've tried on DJay Pro and love.

+1

+1

Didn't realize how useful that would be till I saw it in action in the DJay Pro.

And didn't remember/missed or didn't fully understand what you were wishing for.

and now realize I also but in the same wish:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/247430/Wishes_and_new_features/Integrate_Related_Tracks_to_the_Playing_track__into_VDJ.html

Posted Fri 15 Jul 22 @ 8:30 am
Benz Werner wrote :
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
bentodman93 wrote :
Related tracks. Having a side list for each loaded track that allows you to link tracks to it. It would allow me to group tracks that work together easily and allow me to play from history less.

A feature I've tried on DJay Pro and love.

+1

+1

Didn't realize how useful that would be till I saw it in action in the DJay Pro.

And didn't remember/missed or didn't fully understand what you were wishing for.

and now realize I also but in the same wish:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/247430/Wishes_and_new_features/Integrate_Related_Tracks_to_the_Playing_track__into_VDJ.html

This feature already exists in vdj under 'compatible tracks' in the filter folders, as well as there are live track suggestions given in the bottom of the browser when ur connected to the internet.

Posted Fri 15 Jul 22 @ 9:24 am
Shabba Khe wrote :
This feature already exists in vdj under 'compatible tracks' in the filter folders, as well as there are live track suggestions given in the bottom of the browser when ur connected to the internet.

Yes these are amazing ways that VDJ (love VDJ) already allows one to find tracks that one may want to play next, and help remind one of tracks that may be great matches. And in addition to your suggestions, VDJ also has quick filters and color filters which can be used to help find what ever you are looking for.

BUT nothing to date that allows for the kind of grouping, of say, when playing track "aaaa" that you many times may want to play "bbbb" , "cccc" or "dddd" after. (or that a track mixes well with another) How does one remember/find those RELATED tracks easily? (making notes in comments and then searching for the track?)

Why not let the VDJ database remember the "related tracks" for you, like it remembers where cues, POI's, etc, are, for each track. And have "related tracks" in a modifiable list in the sideview/info or new tab.

See this implemented on djay Pro AI v4 at time marker 13:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzHny_V6JoA&t=809s

Only locodog's STICKY addon currently works this way in VDJ, as far as I know.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/241583/Addons/sticky.html?page=1

I currently use and love, Sticky,

YET having "RELATED tracks", fully integrated within VDJ would allow it to be easier to use, more intuitive and hence have even more value.

And look forward to when this cool and valuable integration of "related tracks", is also in VDJ.

Posted Fri 15 Jul 22 @ 6:57 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
Shabba Khe wrote :

Yes these are amazing ways that VDJ (love VDJ) already allows one to find tracks that one may want to play next, and help remind one of tracks that may be great matches. And in addition to your suggestions, VDJ also has quick filters and color filters which can be used to help find what ever you are looking for.

BUT nothing to date that allows for the kind of grouping, of say, when playing track "aaaa" that you many times may want to play "bbbb" , "cccc" or "dddd" after. (or that a track mixes well with another) How does one remember/find those RELATED tracks easily? (making notes in comments and then searching for the track?)

Why not let the VDJ database remember the "related tracks" for you, like it remembers where cues, POI's, etc, are, for each track. And have "related tracks" in a modifiable list in the sideview/info or new tab.

See this implemented on djay Pro AI v4 at time marker 13:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzHny_V6JoA&t=809s

Only locodog's STICKY addon currently works this way in VDJ, as far as I know.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/241583/Addons/sticky.html?page=1

I currently use and love, Sticky,

YET having "RELATED tracks", fully integrated within VDJ would allow it to be easier to use, more intuitive and hence have even more value.

And look forward to when this cool and valuable integration of "related tracks", is also in VDJ.

+1

Posted Fri 15 Jul 22 @ 10:24 pm
ymed85PRO InfinityMember since 2020
Improve ordering of Track Number field in search mode
Ordering of track number don’t show exactly number on selected folder, but show 1, 2,3.

Example:
Folder “love’s song” and the track named “somebody love” at 33 of ordering track number column ,
I search “somebody to love” on folder called “love’s song”, track number isn’t 33 but 1.
Please improve to show the track number order from selected folder

Posted Wed 24 Aug 22 @ 9:52 am
Can we get M3U files in the browser the ability to be recursed like a folder? For example you have 3 M3U files in a directory on your hard drive. Browsing in the local file structure within VDJ both the directory and the 3 files are visible. When you click on each of the M3U files the contents of the the playlist is shown but if you click on the folder containing the 3 files the folder appears empty, even when the Recurse box is checked. I know M3U files are not folders but can we get them to behave like one?

Posted Wed 24 Aug 22 @ 8:35 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
I don't known if this is too much but it will be nice to have the option to save different states for the browser columns to switch directly from different views instead of enabling disabling columns every time for specific reasons like analysis or just performing.

Posted Sat 27 Aug 22 @ 4:33 pm
gvaste wrote :
I don't known if this is too much but it will be nice to have the option to save different states for the browser columns to switch directly from different views instead of enabling disabling columns every time for specific reasons like analysis or just performing.

+1

Posted Tue 30 Aug 22 @ 7:18 am
Explicit control for removal of all track types from the database.xml (pruning any file from the database.xml, not just missing files)

I notice that, given VDJ encounters a song and it is analyzed, it is added to the database.xml. There is an option to prune missing files from the database, but I couldn't find an option to remove songs retrieved and played from online catalogues, such as Tidal.

In the interest of minimizing the size of the database.xml/potentially decreasing the database.xml processing time, it would be nice to have a way to remove songs retrieved from online catalogues, such as Tidal, from the database.xml without manually pruning them from the database.xml file withith a text editor.

This also applies to local songs not in the search database but which have been analyzed...I couldn't find a way to directly remove a file from the database.xml from VDJ, only the Search Database. To remove it from the database.xml it seems you have to delete the file from its current local location and then use prune missing files function.

Posted Mon 05 Sep 22 @ 9:57 pm
KDJ LeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Could we have an option to ignore punctuation in the search?
characters such as . , - * ' should be ignored (or are selectable which ones may be ignored).
Over the years my music collection has instances such as ATB 9PM (remix 1) and also A.T.B. 9 p.m. (remix 2)
There isn't any kind of search that will bring up both tracks. They would, however both show up if the "full stop" was ignored.
BB King, B.B. King etc.

Posted Wed 14 Sep 22 @ 12:23 pm
SchiumPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if the search would display BOTH results of "and"

eg. I if type 'out and bad' into the search I would like to see all 'out & bad' along with 'out and bad' entries

Posted Fri 30 Sep 22 @ 5:07 pm
Id wish, That the sort function really works.

When i try to sort New/old songs i put in database/folder before, the new ones are always in the middle somewhere. Same with audio&Video column

Posted Sun 02 Oct 22 @ 11:10 am
Could we have the option to hide "history" entries from all the search_playlists results?
Or to put the history results at the bottom, in order to keep the relevant results at the top?

Posted Thu 01 Dec 22 @ 1:18 pm
Suggestion: add the “auto remove played” option in Side List panel, just like in the Automix panel.

Posted Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 5:23 pm
there is a setting in the VirtualDJ Config "removePlayedFromSidelist"

Posted Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 5:25 pm
DJGadgPRO InfinityMember since 2010
OPTION TO TOGGLE BROADCAST OF MICROPHONE ON/OFF, SEPARATELY TO RECORD MICROPHONE TOGGLE ON/OFF

Currently if Broadcasting to a Server (Shoutcast etc.), and simultaneously Recording, if the option recordMic is set to 'No' the Microphone is also muted on the Broadcast Stream, but not for the Local Master Audio Output. This is unwanted behaviour.

I broadcast to an online Radio station which needs to hear my Microphone, but I like to make a Recording (for Mixcloud etc.) without my Mic/Voice. Currently the only workaround to achieve this is Record in VDJ with recordMic set to 'No', and use an external App (such as Audio Hijack on the Mac) to Broadcast the stream. However doing this is undesirable because no 'Artist - Title' metadata is then included in the broadcast stream.

Please add the ability to separately toggle the Microphone on or off, by including a broadcastMicrophone YES/NO checkbox toggle in the Broadcast section of Options.

Posted Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 6:58 pm
DennYo Beats wrote :
there is a setting in the VirtualDJ Config "removePlayedFromSidelist"

Thank you very much for that 👍 Works as expected.

Strange to me that the interface makes it different for Side List and Automix List for this particular setting, but it probably makes sense!

Posted Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 8:29 pm
DJGadg wrote :

I broadcast to an online Radio station which needs to hear my Microphone, but I like to make a Recording (for Mixcloud etc.) without my Mic/Voice.

Assuming you duck the music when using the mic on your broadcast , does your recording without mic not sound strange with the music randomly dipping?

Posted Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 9:12 pm
DJGadgPRO InfinityMember since 2010
groovindj wrote :
DJGadg wrote :

I broadcast to an online Radio station which needs to hear my Microphone, but I like to make a Recording (for Mixcloud etc.) without my Mic/Voice.

Assuming you duck the music when using the mic on your broadcast , does your recording without mic not sound strange with the music randomly dipping?

No I don't duck the music. I play Trance and rarely talk, but when I do it's in the quieter parts and I have a very high quality Studio Mic that can be easily;y heard without ducking.

Posted Thu 15 Dec 22 @ 2:31 pm
Color/Quickfilter Rule "has multi BPM"

Posted Sun 25 Dec 22 @ 8:10 pm
86%