Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Parametric Equalizer in VDJ 8 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Greetings ...
Used a pioneer ddj sx (full kill) , and I've noticed that when doing low cut , the frequency is wrong because it still sounds this frequency, to give more profit to the middle and sharp, the difference is barely noticeable , seems only volume up and not raise the frequency in VDJ 8 thereof sound is great , but above discuss this in some forum on version 7 and now I reaffirm more with other EQ of the 8th they are pathetic worse than the version 7 not used , they should put them same as they were in version 5 or really functioning the same as Serato , Traktor and Cross , that would give more impetus to this version , I think it should take that into account in this version and that 7 never did, many people use controllers and other external mixer in these ( external mixer) no problem because equalizers are for the mixer , but with the controller are bringing the software , just a suggestion for this version .

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 11:53 pm
Not sure what you are asking but there are many EQ variables that you can change in the config menu:

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 10:51 am
Greetings, Please, I would like to report this bug again in the frequency of EQ are erroneous, please kill the frequencies of medium and low (full kill) and you'll see what I mean, almost as if they did not exist equalizers parametric, it is wrong in any frequency utilize, not work, thanks.

Posted Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 2:38 pm
Did you change the EqualizeMode to Full Kill ??

Woring here.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 5:05 am
If this in Full Kill, but only the following test: kill the low and medium, and listen on the frequency treble sounds low (please also compare with v7). Please review this bug urgently, no parameter works, is like not having parametric equalizers, and practically climbing a frequency no noticeable any change, it seems only volume up, not the frequency, if I could put something like serato (6 dB or 12 dB ), please test the EQ, preferably with a powerful sound, thanks for any help in advance.

PD: I am sure that a radical change in equalizers, can give more thrust to version 8.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 5:26 am
I think what Samir is trying to communicate is that the frequencies which are audible when using the full kill EQ are wrong.

For example, if I turn down all three EQ controls in full kill mode then I hear nothing. This is fine.

BUT if I then raise the low EQ a little (so I should only hear bass) I also hear mid and top frequencies. Similarly, if I raise the high EQ I should only hear high frequencies, but no - I hear low and mid too.

In fact, it sounds to me as if all three knobs are giving the same result.

This has been mentioned before by at least one member. here it is

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 8:49 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 10:27 am
Ok, i reporte this issue again.

Posted Sun 08 Jun 14 @ 11:52 am
Hi,

got the response that the Dev Team found the issue and will fix it soon.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 5:02 am
scrach work, saturates the master channel ...

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 5:53 am
Of course it does if you leave the bass in.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 6:28 am
Actually he does have a point.

Compared to VDJ 7 there seems to be a huge increase in output level when scratching.

I've just tried it with Get Lucky. In 7 I can scratch away frantically and the deck meters are still 2-3 bars away from the top. Do the same test in VDJ 8 and the deck levels shoot right up to the top, and the limiter kicks in.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 6:36 am
samirdj21 wrote :
Greetings, Please, I would like to report this bug again in the frequency of EQ are erroneous, please kill the frequencies of medium and low (full kill) and you'll see what I mean, almost as if they did not exist equalizers parametric, it is wrong in any frequency utilize, not work, thanks.

+1000

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 6:28 pm
samirdj21 wrote :
Greetings ...
Used a pioneer ddj sx (full kill) , and I've noticed that when doing low cut , the frequency is wrong because it still sounds this frequency, to give more profit to the middle and sharp, the difference is barely noticeable , seems only volume up and not raise the frequency in VDJ 8 thereof sound is great , but above discuss this in some forum on version 7 and now I reaffirm more with other EQ of the 8th they are pathetic worse than the version 7 not used , they should put them same as they were in version 5 or really functioning the same as Serato , Traktor and Cross , that would give more impetus to this version , I think it should take that into account in this version and that 7 never did, many people use controllers and other external mixer in these ( external mixer) no problem because equalizers are for the mixer , but with the controller are bringing the software , just a suggestion for this version .

It is very true what Samir said, the EQ are really pathetic hope that they resolve it soon, since I only work with controller. greetings

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 6:35 pm
I'm thinking of linking the eq dials to a VST eq, I just need to find the right one (-48dB & for free)

Posted Mon 09 Jun 14 @ 7:08 pm
Thank you for considering this fails ... hope an early, greetings.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 1:47 pm
jakovski wrote :
Hi,

Heiko Hi! Any response on the solution to this problem, I have the latest version and even erroneous cuts persists in frequencies of parametric equalizers. Will resolve this?

I apologize for bad English

Posted Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 10:03 pm
samirdj21 wrote :
jakovski wrote :
Hi,

Heiko Hi! Any response on the solution to this problem, I have the latest version and even erroneous cuts persists in frequencies of parametric equalizers. Will resolve this?

I apologize for bad English

???

Posted Thu 26 Jun 14 @ 1:41 pm
Do you still have issues ?

For me EQ in Full kill is working now. Maybe you could explain more detailed what exactely is wrong on your side ?

I am on beta build 1855.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Fri 27 Jun 14 @ 3:02 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
"there are many EQ variables that you can change in the config menu"

Changing the equalizerlowfrequency to 2000 and equalizerhighfrequency to 7500 respective with mid remaining @ 1700 would this setting blow the speaker provided I stay on VU green?

Much appreciate an answer.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 2:35 am
71%