Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Parametric Equalizer in VDJ 8 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
2000? did you mean 200? You speakers are only at risk if it sounds distorted as hell and you ignore it, I think with the limiter these days the only risk is over amping.
I'm surprised that there's no skins that access the Parametric eq options. I'll have a play.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 3:01 am
Tried this
param_multiply 5000 & param_add 1000 & param_cast "text" & setting "equalizerMidFrequency"

It didn't work, I'll have a try with a plugin.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 3:13 am
locodog wrote :
I'm surprised that there's no skins that access the Parametric eq options.

Possibly because (a) it's not really parametric, as it only allows the freq to be changed, and (b) using the EQ in this mode disables the ability to use full kill.

IMO kill should always be there, regardless of which mode the EQ is in. Having kill buttons that don't work because the EQ is set a certain way is ridiculous.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 9:02 am
Agreed. The EQ implementation in VDJ 8 is pretty basic.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 9:20 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
When set to Full Kill you can still adjust low and high frequencies. (Obviously not mid since mid is exactly the part between low and high in that case)

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 11:10 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
locodog wrote :
2000? did you mean 200? You speakers are only at risk if it sounds distorted as hell and you ignore it, I think with the limiter these days the only risk is over amping..

Yes 2000. I am reference a pair of powered speakers.
Over amping is pushing volume the in red?

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 11:54 am
But using 2000 (2kHz) is not controlling bass any more. 2kHz is mid range.

If you've already got mid set to 1700, they would be very close together (in terms of frequency coverage) so using both would boost/cut similar mid frequencies by a large amount.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 12:04 pm
ohshit wrote :
locodog wrote :
2000? did you mean 200? You speakers are only at risk if it sounds distorted as hell and you ignore it, I think with the limiter these days the only risk is over amping..

Yes 2000. I am reference a pair of powered speakers.
Over amping is pushing volume the in red?

Over amping is outside vdj, over powering your speakers with the amp, vdj won't/can't send a hot signal.

Posted Sat 08 Aug 15 @ 7:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)