Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Numark NS7 II Questions and Issues - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Run both platters for 30 mins straight. I typically use any random track and loop it. After 10-30 mins problem is gone. I always figured the motors were cold and ran better when warm. My ns7 had the issue after a year or so, and my ns7 II typically works fine after my first few mixes. I thought it might have come from letting the unit get too hot or too cold while it was stored.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 12:15 pm
syxxfiggaz wrote :

What i found out was if you use the sync in serato and dont reset the pitch back to 0, it carries over to vdj.

As soon as I reset the pitch faders to 0 in serato I had no more issues

Jason K wrote :
Run both platters for 30 mins straight. I typically use any random track and loop it. After 10-30 mins problem is gone. I always figured the motors were cold and ran better when warm. My ns7 had the issue after a year or so, and my ns7 II typically works fine after my first few mixes. I thought it might have come from letting the unit get too hot or too cold while it was stored.

thanks for sharing your findings!
I can confirm both problems on another motorized platter controller the stanton's SCS1d, when the decks arrived, I had the pitch warble for the first couple months, I had to warm them up for a few minutes to avoid the warble, I can confirm the platter rotating speed carrying over from Traktor(daRouter) to VDJ, I have to reset pitch/tempo 0% before open vdj8.
I did a request about this issue
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/200209/Wishes_and_new_features/Stanton_SCS1d_Tempo_Fader_Motorized_platter_Speed__and_Reverse_Play_MotorWheel.html
thank you

Posted Sat 05 Dec 15 @ 10:32 am
joxmitraros wrote :
Excuse me but i don't agree that SLIP MODE is not working with motorized platters, its completly false. In v7, i mapped the slip mode function for my NS7 and it worked very well, but in v8, it works very well, not under 1 beat.If you put a loop under 1 beat and you remove it, you will not be in the constant rythm of the song. It's a big issue that have to be corrected in VDJ 8 that didn't happen in VDJ 7.

interesting! slip mode with motorized platters!
just tried and it does work great! even in <1beat loops.
thank you joxmitraros

Posted Wed 09 Dec 15 @ 11:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)