Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Numark NS7 II Questions and Issues - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Figured I'd start a thread just for the Numark NS7 II.

So far I've noticed the pad section is a little different, but everything seems to work well including the slicer.

The effects section at the top does not work well with the stock skin.
I'm not sure if you can use an vdj 7 skin, but I wouldn't want to anyways.
I'm looking into remapping the buttons to work with the default skin, but I haven't figured it out yet. (Still reading the manual)

The slip mode button doesn't seem to do anything at the moment either.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The SLIP never worked for motorized wheels, and still doesnt. We will probably add that in a future update.

The FX section of the NS7II has 2 modes. A single Effect and a Multi effect mode. In the Single Mode, you will be able to use the default skins without issues. However, if an effect has way lot of sliders/parameters, you will probably have to dock the FX GUI to see alll of them.
In the MULTI Effects mode, the 2 Decks skin offers 3 effect slots in the Extended Effects Panel. the 4 Decks Default skin doesnt (due to space limitations), so probably you will have to look for a custom skin (will come shortly)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:56 pm
I never mess with slip anyways. Just noticed it didn't do anything.
I use a skin in 7 for the effects to work right, figured it would be the same way with this one.
All in all this looks like a huge improvement. I'm actually a little overwhelmed.
I need SBDJs freestyelr plugin before I can use this at bigger gigs, so hopefully he finds the time to get it reworked.

Next step for me is setting up the sampler with video/audio clips and seeing if can get the parameter buttons to cycle them. It doesn't seem like they do anything when the pads are set to sampler.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:13 pm
Jason K wrote :
Figured I'd start a thread just for the Numark NS7 II.

So far I've noticed the pad section is a little different, but everything seems to work well including the slicer.

The effects section at the top does not work well with the stock skin.

Update; MultiFX does work on the stock 2 deck skin. Just have to make some adjustments.

I'm not sure if you can use an vdj 7 skin, but I wouldn't want to anyways. Update: You can use the old multi 4 deck, but be careful it doesn't play nice.

I'm looking into remapping the buttons to work with the default skin, but I haven't figured it out yet. (Still reading the manual)

The slip mode button doesn't seem to do anything at the moment either.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:39 pm
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
djdad wrote :
The SLIP never worked for motorized wheels, and still doesnt. We will probably add that in a future update.

The FX section of the NS7II has 2 modes. A single Effect and a Multi effect mode. In the Single Mode, you will be able to use the default skins without issues. However, if an effect has way lot of sliders/parameters, you will probably have to dock the FX GUI to see alll of them.
In the MULTI Effects mode, the 2 Decks skin offers 3 effect slots in the Extended Effects Panel. the 4 Decks Default skin doesnt (due to space limitations), so probably you will have to look for a custom skin (will come shortly)

So pressing master EFX A would let us activate transitions using the the left side but when I try to cycle thru it doesnt happen. same for video effects on the right. thoughts? on some, im getting a message saying that "this plugin is not compatible with vdj8"

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:51 pm
Zamooda wrote :

So pressing master EFX A would let us activate transitions using the the left side but when I try to cycle thru it doesnt happen. same for video effects on the right. thoughts? on some, im getting a message saying that "this plugin is not compatible with vdj8"

I get that too. I think it's plugins that you have for vdj7. Every time it comes across those it shows that message.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:34 am
I tried messing around with the mapper to make the parameter buttons on the side of the pads skip through the sampler banks. It looks like it's already supposed to do it, what gives.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:37 am
Any tips of audio Config for numark ns7II Cant seam to figure it out? Only sound I get is coming from laptop speakers. But I did get it working in VDJ 7.4 so not sure what i am doing wrong

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:28 pm
I just clicked the box that said Numark NS7 II under the card tab. Everything worked fine after that.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:52 pm
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
So tonight I used VDJ 8 live at a gig. I was expecting some glitches, because I had a few earlier in the day, but because it is only a trivia night it wasn't a big deal. Boy oh boy did I have issues.

First - various tracks were speeding up, slowing down, and could not keep up (sometimes) if i was scratching. the sounds would just "spin" around. This did not happen in 7.4.1

The other issues i had were: automix was not deleting songs after they played then after about a half hour it worked. I had gain issues and master volume issues, but I think that was skin related. Do different skins interact diffrently? Im using the new MFF 8.7 skin ( i have used all versions of that skin)

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 2:03 am
Audio cracking during play and while loading track on other channel?
using mac pro 8 gig ram 2.5 mhz
I need help!!!

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 7:35 pm
Platters do not spin at the same speed! WHHHYYYYYYYYYYY NOT? Really sux...totally eliminates your ability to mix. Tracks sync when platters are not it spin mode but the right side moves faster when platter spin mode engaged!

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 10:47 pm
VirtualDJ doesnt control/alter the speed of the platters. It only gives the command to spin or not to spin. So if one side doesnt spin with the same speed as the other one, it is possible that the other deck has a different speed than the default one (45rpm) left from another software.
Try to power off the unit , let it off for a couple of minutes (to get reset) and launch again.
I have tried several times here , to sync 2 songs and let them run side by side for minutes, and they are always on sync.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 7:59 am
Excuse me but i don't agree that SLIP MODE is not working with motorized platters, its completly false. In v7, i mapped the slip mode function for my NS7 and it worked very well, but in v8, it works very well, not under 1 beat.If you put a loop under 1 beat and you remove it, you will not be in the constant rythm of the song. It's a big issue that have to be corrected in VDJ 8 that didn't happen in VDJ 7.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 7:50 pm
It can work with hotcues and loops but not with the platters

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 8:24 am
What do you mean? if you scratch?
It was working in VDJ7

Posted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 10:03 pm
djdad wrote :
VirtualDJ doesnt control/alter the speed of the platters. It only gives the command to spin or not to spin. So if one side doesnt spin with the same speed as the other one, it is possible that the other deck has a different speed than the default one (45rpm) left from another software.
Try to power off the unit , let it off for a couple of minutes (to get reset) and launch again.
I have tried several times here , to sync 2 songs and let them run side by side for minutes, and they are always on sync.

I've never touched that adjustment. When I use virtual dj it's at default 45rpms and when I use Serato DJ it's auto set to 45 rpm. I have no problems with syncing two songs while the platters are spinning with Serato...only Virtual dj 8....didn't have this problem with virtual dj 7 either. There's no INDIVIDUAL adjustment of the decks anyway...it's both or neither and again I have never changed it from the default 45rpms on either software. Powering the NS7 off for a few minutes does not correct the problem. The only way I can get two songs to sync is to disengage platter spin mode.

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 9:40 am
Unfortunately, VDJ 8 is not ready for my NS7 II. As much as i would love to use it instead of Serato. I'll just wait another year, i am guessing, for it to catch up. If there's any NS7 II user with VDJ 8 who has no problem, let me know or let me know your settings, this would be my last resort. I had great support from the VDJ team with no success.

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 10:35 am
djroro2010 wrote :
Unfortunately, VDJ 8 is not ready for my NS7 II. As much as i would love to use it instead of Serato. I'll just wait another year, i am guessing, for it to catch up. If there's any NS7 II user with VDJ 8 who has no problem, let me know or let me know your settings, this would be my last resort. I had great support from the VDJ team with no success.

I agree! As is the software is not giving me all the advantages that I should have with my NS7ii. Paid too for this controller not be able to use each and every function. Serato DJ is it until 8 is updated to make use of all the features of the NS7II and becomes more stable.

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 9:59 pm
ldb1968 wrote :

I've never touched that adjustment. When I use virtual dj it's at default 45rpms and when I use Serato DJ it's auto set to 45 rpm. I have no problems with syncing two songs while the platters are spinning with Serato...only Virtual dj 8....didn't have this problem with virtual dj 7 either. There's no INDIVIDUAL adjustment of the decks anyway...it's both or neither and again I have never changed it from the default 45rpms on either software. Powering the NS7 off for a few minutes does not correct the problem. The only way I can get two songs to sync is to disengage platter spin mode.

I had the same problem with the NS7, ended up buying the NS7II thinking it was broken.

What i found out was if you use the sync in serato and dont reset the pitch back to 0, it carries over to vdj.

As soon as I reset the pitch faders to 0 in serato I had no more issues

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 11:44 am
87%