Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Wave Form Display Direction - Page: 9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SI... lol... what would you know about genius? That's a very rare commodity in this forum.

If I had the software toolkit, I'd straighten this problem and a couple of others out for myself.

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 2:22 pm
Always threatening people....... Maybe you Richmond should Pack it up and just call it good......

Your rude and never contribute to the forums other then bitching about a silly waveform and making threats to other people.

Sometimes you gotta know when to just let it go.......

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 4:26 pm
Lol... threatening?

Did I scare you... I'm sorry... :'(

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 4:38 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Rerecord your entire library in reverse and then play vdj in reverse.

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 5:26 pm
LOL

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 5:28 pm
Richmond where is it you play at, I'd love to come check your set out sometime.

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 9:36 pm
As I was saying... intelligence is in very short supply on this forum. However, I do appreciate it when you boys bump my thread up. And for sure, i can use the laughs...

Keep it coming. :)

Posted Mon 16 Jan 17 @ 11:41 pm
This whole argument on which way is better is pretty stupid, because everybody has their own opinion on the matter, BUT I do believe there should be separate options to revert the main and scratch waveforms. I'm a software developer and I always consider the more options my software has the better the user experience. Instead of pleasing to one crowd wouldn't it be better to try to please all?

Posted Sun 22 Jan 17 @ 7:30 pm
Eu trabalho a anos com o VDJ, e agora no 8 não poder inverter a direção da WaveForm está me atrapalhando demais na execução do mesmo. Um detalhe muito pequeno está dando um transtorno muito grande. A equipe do VDJ poderia demais voltar essa função.

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 6:00 am
Instead of pleasing to one crowd wouldn't it be better to try to please all?

Thank you Emergency... but they don't see it that way. According to them, they like it the way it is, and that's all that matters. ...their way, or the highway.

They won't fix it, nor will they provide us with the tools to do it ourselves. It's a great company...

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 6:15 pm
Their way? I think you mean everyone's way.

Please, go ahead and name me any other DJ software (or DAW or audio editing s/w for that matter) that runs the waveform backwards.

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 6:56 pm
groovindj wrote :
Their way? I think you mean everyone's way.

Please, go ahead and name me any other DJ software (or DAW or audio editing s/w for that matter) that runs the waveform backwards.

That would be all of them... they're all backward. However a couple do provide the option to correct it.

And we've been over this audio editing thing before... it's a completely different animal. That's okay though, I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference.

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 7:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We have moderated the last few posts, as it seems this topic was getting out of control.

You are free to post whatever you want, as long as you keep the discussion around the topic and not becoming offensive. We will lock the entire topic if it happens again.

As for the feature request, point taken, Team will evaluate this request and will offer this at some point, if they think it would help the majority of the users.

Posted Mon 08 May 17 @ 12:00 pm
djdad wrote :
As for the feature request, point taken, Team will evaluate this request and will offer this at some point, if they think it would help the majority of the users.

Thank you for your consideration. For some of us, this is fundamentally important.

Posted Mon 08 May 17 @ 12:09 pm
PLEASE BUMP BUMP.... I NEED THIS BACK IN MY LIFE!

Posted Tue 23 May 17 @ 11:43 am
sdemPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm waiting for this feature coming back!
thnx in advance!

Posted Wed 07 Jun 17 @ 10:37 am
Still waiting...

Posted Thu 03 Aug 17 @ 2:23 pm
djdonnPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm also all for bringing back the 'inverted' waveform. Many people including myself got used to it in 7 as the left to right seemed to make sense, then 8 took it away. I believe that, since it was introduced in 7, it should also be in 8. There is no right or wrong way for the wave form to move, however, I'd like to see that decision be left up the user.

Posted Mon 29 Jan 18 @ 6:52 pm
arniemCUE userMember since 2009
What I find amazing is that VDJ 8 has hundreds of options in the menu's that you can change that were not available in VDJ 7 - they spent loads of time adding numerous features and options that most users won't change from what they were used to in 7 but they removed one of the major items that made them a success - I just don't understand it. It doesn't matter whether the waveform should technically go left or right , all that is important is that people were using it and so leave it in for the user to choose. You went to the effort to invent all these other parameters surely it was easier just to leave the good stuff alone.

My guess is that it was a mistake and they meant to leave it in and now can't lose face by admitting it. I won't move up to VDJ 8 until this feature is back - I am just too old to relearn again, I have done it with Vinyl, CD and now laptop since 2005. Please make this a priority ASAP.

In the end there is no good reason not to include it - you will regain customers by putting it back in and you won't lose customers who prefer it your way as they will just not use it ...how can you lose ??

Posted Mon 05 Feb 18 @ 8:13 am
arniem wrote :
What I find amazing is that VDJ 8 has hundreds of options in the menu's that you can change that were not available in VDJ 7

My guess is that it's not an easy fix.

v8 was rebuild from the ground up, so maybe the way the waveform display was made exactly for what it currently does in v8, doesn't make changing direction something you can simply turn on

But it's just my guess. A dev may come along and tell us all that I'm totally wrong :)

Posted Mon 05 Feb 18 @ 8:39 am
90%