Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Wave Form Display Direction - Page: 7

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djtouchdan wrote :
Is this still going?? Wow. If i was you i'd just sit quietly and the chances are the option may appear when you least expect it. This thread is going no where at the moment, other than around and around and around in circles.

Do you really believe that? I doubt it. I know I don't, and never did. ...but in regards to your assertion, It's been how many months now? ...and nothing has changed.

A pity, because V8 does hold very much unrealized potential. Serato DJ is just as bad. Fortunately there's always Itch to fall back on. Simple, but adequate and super reliable.

Posted Sat 18 Jul 15 @ 4:35 pm
Richmond wrote :
Do you really believe that? I doubt it.

Yes i do.

The developers have now returned the function of auto creating video edits by dropping a video on the video display of an audio track.
It is not 100% the same as it was before but it does return the function people had requested.

I can't remember when this was first requested after the release of VDJ8 but i can tell you it was longer than 'many months'.

Patience is a virtue.

Posted Sun 19 Jul 15 @ 5:52 am
djtouchdan wrote :

Yes i do. [...] Patience is a virtue.

Lol... Okay, well, no worries then. Maybe they'll have it ready by our next incarnation. ...something to look forward to.

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 11:42 am
jimmiemPRO InfinityMember since 2006
+1

It took me longer than I care to admit to get VDJ 8 setup to my liking. This is the last little nag for me that I wish would carry over from VDJ 7.

Posted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 7:30 am
Still Waiting...

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 4:20 am
Adion wrote :
Let me try one more time:

As you see, the needle is stationary, both on the turntable and on the waveform.
And on both, the music moves underneath the needle. The part of the groove that has passed is on the left side of the needle.
The part of the groove that is about to play is at the right side of the needle.

Nice discussion, I only read it now.
Certainly no need to change anything, but as a retired vinyl dj I think you look the wrong way to a record.
Yes, it spins clockwise, and your picture is right. But when you play on vinyl, you never look in the direction of the grooves. You follow the pattern made by the space between the grooves.
You follow with your eyes an imaginary line from the edge of your record till the middle, containing the needle. To see what is next, you look left from your line to spot a change in color of the record, to see what's coming, a break or so.
So I think that there are some arguments that what's coming (change in wave) can also go from left till right.

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 1:55 pm

Posted Fri 04 Sep 15 @ 2:12 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
That logic seems to apply mostly for the song position overview, and I haven't heard in this discussion anyone asking for a reversed song overview.

Posted Sat 05 Sep 15 @ 7:03 am
No need to change anything for me. I don't see any problem with it, there are more important wishes you can help us with :)
I was just wondering why everybody compares it with the turning of a record in his grooves. And there is nothing to see. On a record you look left of the movement of the needle to see what's coming.

Posted Sat 05 Sep 15 @ 7:41 am
Bring back the ability for me to choose the direction of the wave form in Virtual DJ8…Until then I will continue to use 7.

Posted Fri 18 Dec 15 @ 2:52 am
MrJonathanDJ wrote :
Bring back the ability for me to choose the direction of the wave form in Virtual DJ8…Until then I will continue to use 7.

Yeah... I don't expect that they really care what we do in that regard.

It's easy to get the impression that they write the software for their own use, and to please their own taste... then put it on the market, just to fund their private project. Kind of like the way the government operates.

Posted Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 11:38 pm
Well you are American and that's how the free market works.......so who you really mad at here??

Posted Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 1:48 am
That's the way it is buddy. I have been asking for things since 2008 that are not implemented yet. Don't hold your breath.....

Posted Tue 05 Jan 16 @ 11:20 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Well you are American and that's how the free market works.......so who you really mad at here??

I don't recall saying anything about being "mad", actually... The feeling is more akin to intense frustration, bordering on disgust.

Posted Fri 15 Jan 16 @ 6:37 am
Still waiting for this most fundamental error to be addressed. I know you staffers like it that way, but many of us paying customers find it very dislexic.

Posted Sun 10 Apr 16 @ 5:49 pm
Richmond wrote :
fundamental error

ROFL

Posted Sun 10 Apr 16 @ 6:03 pm
invert ROFL....

Posted Sun 10 Apr 16 @ 6:08 pm
groovindj wrote :
Richmond wrote :
fundamental error

ROFL

Glad I could provide some entertainment for you boys...

Posted Wed 13 Apr 16 @ 1:20 am
Richmond wrote :
I know you staffers like it that way, but many of us paying customers find it very dislexic.

And what makes you think we are not paying customers??

Posted Thu 14 Apr 16 @ 9:28 pm
djtouchdan wrote :

And what makes you think we are not paying customers??

Oh... you again. Wasn't it "touchdan" who declared (how many months ago?) that given a little time, this issue would be properly addressed? Ha ha... yeah, that was you.

I've a better question: What makes you so eager to change the subject? Whenever you hear me say "paying customer" I'm speaking of people like myself, who know what they want/need, and are willing to pay to get it.

Is there any one of you "staffers" who is in touch with what your customers really need? Is there anyone working there who actually (really) knows how to program?

The impression I get from my point of view is mainly that of a loose knit network of half-hearted part-time hackers, with little to no ambition or business acuity. Meanwhile good souls like Fruit, are accomplishing more to help us real world users, strictly out of the goodness of their heart.

Since you have raised the issue; I will take the opportunity to say that Atomix obviously needs better management, if they are to reasonably be expected to remain a viable market force into the future.

Posted Sat 14 May 16 @ 1:50 pm
70%