Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon MC6000MK2 Support - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a Denon MC6000MK2 and run VDJ8, I cannot adjust the volume on the samples. The user manual says to hold the shift button and turn the track selector. This doesn't work. How can I adjust the volume?

Also, I am having problems with cue points. When I set a cue point, the music stops dead, and I am used to it continuing to play. When I go back to a cue point, it plays from the cue point only as long as i hold the cue button down, otherwise it jumps back to the point in the song where I pressed the cue. How can I get it to behave the way I am accustomed to?

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 7:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
DJWilli3400 wrote :
I have a Denon MC6000MK2 and run VDJ8, I cannot adjust the volume on the samples. The user manual says to hold the shift button and turn the track selector. This doesn't work. How can I adjust the volume?

Where exactly is that mentioned ? In fact the MC6000MKII default mapping is not offering any sampler Volume control.
http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Denon%20MC6000MKII%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf

You can still get what you want though, if you change the action of the TRACK (Browse knob) to
var '$shift' ? sampler_volume_master : browser_scroll

DJWilli3400 wrote :
Also, I am having problems with cue points. When I set a cue point, the music stops dead, and I am used to it continuing to play. When I go back to a cue point, it plays from the cue point only as long as i hold the cue button down, otherwise it jumps back to the point in the song where I pressed the cue. How can I get it to behave the way I am accustomed to?

Probably you have set the setting HotCuemode to "Stutter" instead of the default "Play" (find that in OPTIONS tab of VirtualDJ Settings)

Posted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 8:07 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
...also, you can find a skin that has sampler volume knobs on it. Or you can map a know as suggested. If you are using a controller, you can configure your sample volume to be played through Deck 3 or Deck 4. This way your deck volume faders will control the volume.

I use both methods:

1. When not using a controller, I have a knob mapped on my skin to adjust fader volume
2. When I use a controller, (the mc6000mk2) or a 4 deck skin without a controller, I control sampler volume via deck 4 volume fader.

Posted Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 10:13 pm
Denon mc6000mk2 with vdj 7.4

No cue to headphones on any channel. Must be sound card issue. I can select headphones but it only gives you 1&2 or 3&4.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 6:00 pm
Inputs: Line-ins
Output: Master +Headphones
Soundcard: DenonDj Asio for Controllers
Channels: Master1+2, Headphones 3+4

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 4:23 am
I have a general question regarding the licence for this controller along with others i am evaluating such as the pioneer ddj sr, denon mc4000 and the reloop terminal mix 8.If i purchase the advance home user licence for any of the controllers mentioned do i get full access to all of virtual dj features.I am on the understanding that you get full access to the software but if you want skins etc relating to the specific controller then that is only covered by the pro licence is that correct .
Thanks
pete

Posted Fri 13 May 16 @ 6:28 pm
No, it's not correct.

With a PLUS license you get almost all features VirtualDj offers, minus a few small ones that are considered to be for Professional use only (such as alter the VirtualDj logo on video output screen, timecode support and broadcast to a webradio server)

Ass for add-ons, it's up to the add-on author now which users can download the add-on.
Other authors allow even users without a license to download their work, while others allow only PRO. Some others allow PLUS & PRO, e.t.c.

Posted Fri 13 May 16 @ 6:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)