Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ 3.4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sprahControlleristMember since 2006
Virtual DJ Version 3.4.1 DJConsole MK2
HP Pro Book 4520s
4 gb 64-bit 2.67 ghz
Windows 7 SP1
mp3's are stored on an external wd mypassport 1tb drive

I recently installed virtual dj on my laptop and when I imported the virtualdj database.xml file, it launched.
I recently added some mp3 and after I analyse the folder, I closed and relaunched virtual dj.

This time when I launch virtual dj with the updated database, it does not open. I have to import the backed up database in order for virtual dj to open.

If use the fresh database from theh install and analyse, virtual dj relaunches with the updated content.

The first thing I thought was that the database is corrupted but I think its more of an OS issue.

I still have my old device which ran XP SP3 and when I analyse the same mp3s on that machine it saves and opens. I have to use that database in the Win 7 device machine in order to open the latest analyzed mp3 files.

I'm looking for methods to repair my database or some troubleshooting tips.

(This is the part where I defend my device, lol)
I know I have a very old version compared to what the searches results yield but I've been using it for the last 7 years with no issues until this. I love the controls and this device is perfect for the type of parties I play.

Thanks

Posted Thu 26 Dec 13 @ 5:14 pm
check the file permission.

Posted Thu 26 Dec 13 @ 8:25 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006

Posted Thu 26 Dec 13 @ 9:04 pm
pirri1LE userMember since 2011
Hola tengo un problema con el virtual dj 3.4.1 y es que al cerrarlo me pone ''saving database'' pero cuando lo vuelvo a abrir no me a guardado nada de lo que he hecho,ni los bits de las canciones que he empleado ni los cue que he puesto a los temas nada de eso...No tengo los cd's los perdi me he descargado los controladores de la mesa de hercules mk2 y la hercules me funciona bien y me he descargado el virtual de la pagina de virtual dj donde me sale mi hercules y el numero de serie y todo lo descargo y todo va bien hasta que pasa esto al cerrar el virtual todo lo que he hecho no se queda guardado,que puede ser,estoy desesperado lo he desinstalado y vuelto a instalar todo y nada...Antes de que me resetearan y limpiaran el portátil me funcionaba de maravilla y ahora no hay manera,gracias.

Posted Sat 12 Apr 14 @ 7:57 pm

Posted Sun 13 Apr 14 @ 10:56 am
I'm trying to run virtual dj 3.4 on windows 8.1, but it won't recognize the OS. is there any way to do this?

Posted Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 6:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)