Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Sampler Panel Missing - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

smaneriPRO InfinityMember since 2008
LOL
Loco
Your THAT GUY who goes around correcting peoples grammar and spelling on Message Boards when your incorrect advice is being neglected.

Don't be pissed because Im not listening to your poor advice.
Please ...next time you try and give advice, understand the problem first before you throw in your 2 cents

Lets look at all the bad advice you gave
"It's not included in the skin. you can assign the functions to hot keys." WRONG I didnt need to map the function. I already have a dedicated knob

"Default, I think he means, since space is at a premium and all the information is shown on the sampler in the browser section, well meh."
WRONG again. Space really isn't at a premium since the Effect Panel is on a 6 deck skin that has way more panels then the 4 deck skin

So after I disproved both your pieces of advice you go and call my thread asinine and then go on to correct my grammar because really that's all you got

The fact of the matter is the developers just forgot to add the panel to the 4 deck skin. and I dont have a big problem with that.

I dont want to nor should I have to fix the script myself
As a paying customer of the software LOCO I have the right to ask these guys to simply add the panel in the next version release.

You as an unpaying customer can continue to just give bad advise and correct peoples grammar and leach off the free services provided to you in part by the paying customer like myself

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 7:53 pm
Alright bro, come on now. He tried to help and from what Ive seen of him, hes a pretty sharp guy.

Lets all play nice now or Ill ask the higher ups to lock this thread.

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 8:14 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Entirely for my own curiosity, I had a look at what was involved to solve this, and it is so simple

Unzip your 4 deck zip file, open 1440*900.xml paste the code below in on a new line (before </skin>), save rezip

<textzone chan="1">
<size width="124" height="18" geterrormessage="true"/>
<pos x="20" y="468"></pos>
<text font="ARIAL GREEK" size="18" color="#FFFFFF" weight="bold" format="%MainSample" scroll="yes"/>
</textzone>
<textzone chan="2">
<size width="124" height="18" geterrormessage="true"/>
<pos x="280" y="468"></pos>
<text font="ARIAL GREEK" size="18" color="#FFFFFF" weight="bold" format="%MainSample" scroll="yes"/>
</textzone>

If you want deck 3 and 4 too, you'll have to reduce the size width a little, move Chan 2 pos x along and add 3 and 4,

but then I'm not a registered user so why would I want to help anybody?

Also I corrected your (second person possessive adjective) grammar, as you're (contraction of "you are") never going to learn otherwise.

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 10:13 pm
I appreciate your help loco, I mean no harm, really.

I will just use another skin

Cheers mate

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 11:55 pm
PS I know my grammar. I dont waste time with it on a message board meant for quick questions and quick replies, Duh LOL. Oh look I forgot the apostrophe in don't. I did it again. Oh well thank god for guys like you who like to go around correcting grammar in message boards : O

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 11:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)