Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Sampler Panel Missing - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

smaneriPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi guys

Im using the Virtual DJ& 1440X900 resoulution 4 deck skin. I dont see the Sampler Panel on the actual miver. Am I missing it or does this skin not have one. I see the sample bank at the bottom but I dont see the panel at the top.

Regards
Steve

Posted Tue 24 Dec 13 @ 11:37 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It's not included in the skin. you can assign the functions to hot keys.

Posted Wed 25 Dec 13 @ 5:42 am
Hi
Thks for the reply. I dont need to assign any buttons for it. My VMS4 has knobs and buttons assigned specifically for effects and the sampler. Its just that this one skin doesnt have a sampler panel, which is kind of odd being that it has a effect panel. It kind of looks like someone just forgot to include it in the script LOL

Posted Wed 25 Dec 13 @ 8:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Which skin exactly ? Download link ?

Posted Thu 26 Dec 13 @ 12:39 am
Default, I think he means, since space is at a premium and all the information is shown on the sampler in the browser section, well meh.

Posted Thu 26 Dec 13 @ 2:18 pm
Its the skin titled Virtual DJ7 (4 Decks) Resolution 1440 X 900

Posted Wed 01 Jan 14 @ 10:15 pm
Sorry Loco

But you are wrong. I highly doubt its a matter of space, because the 6 Deck Skin has this panel included. Mind you this deck is alot busier then the 4 Deck skin.
No offense to you Loco but I would appreciate responses only from registered Virtual DJ Users or staff (Meh to you LOL!)

Posted Wed 01 Jan 14 @ 10:24 pm
smaneri wrote :
Its the skin titled Virtual DJ7 (4 Decks) Resolution 1440 X 900

It has a "sampler" panel, right in between the "browser" button and "effects" buttons.............

Posted Wed 01 Jan 14 @ 11:17 pm
Thanks Beatbreaker, I already mentioned that area in my original post. That is the Sampler Bank, its not a Sampler Panel, totally something different

Posted Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 7:44 pm
This thread is asinine, the info is all visible via the sample bank, if you really need it visible, add the bit between the {}'s to your sampler related mapper commands and when you press said button/dial it will appear.

<map value="YOUR VALUE" action="sampler play_stop{ & page "sampler"}" />

Posted Sat 04 Jan 14 @ 8:29 pm
Well, i think no one can really understand what you mean. Can you post a screenshot of the missing Sampler panel ? I dont think that the default skin has any Sampler panel on the top/mixer part

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 12:16 am
I dont think you should be calling peoples threads assenine Loco.

First of all your not even a registered user or owner of the Professional Version of Virtual DJ so please keep your comments to yourself.

How your able to post on this website is another oversight by the guys at Virtual DJ I guess LOL. You dont legitimittely own the software nor are you registered here so you shouldnt even be allowed to post here lolol

Second of all the Sampler Bank does not show you which sample is currently selected. Yes it shows you what sample is playing but it doesnt show you which sample your selecting using a dedicated sample knob on your controller.
Thats kind of an important piece of info you would want to know if your controllor has a specified knob to change between the different samples dont you think? Im not gonna map anything. This is just a simple oversight by the people who wrote the script for the skin, no big deal, but it is a nice thing to have.

I will just use the other skins that have this panel already written into the script

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 12:13 pm
Hi DJ Dad
Thanks for your response, if you look at the default 2 deck skin it does have the sampler panel , right next to the effect panel, plain as day LOL (there is no need for a screenshot)
I didint think this would be a big deal for the developers just to add it to the 4 deck skin. Its even on the 6 deck skin if you look LOL

Thanks for your support

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 12:19 pm
The SAMPLER panel should be visible/available in all skins (default and custom). If indeed there is a skin without it, then you shoud point that to us to fix or remove.
the default 4 decks skin at 1400x900 has SAMPLER page on my computer...

As for the Selected Sampler issue, yes, this is something that will be fixed in version 8 (different approach), but for now, you can choose a different 4 deck skin, which has custom Sampler elements/panels to show you the selected Sampler e.g. this one http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15676/VirtualDJ_7_(4_Decks)_AIO.html

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 1:09 pm
Thanks for your support DJDad but your are confusing the terms VDJ uses in its own written manual.

What you took a screenshot of is the Sampler Bank. This is not what I am talking about. I have this is the skin.

Whats missing is the sampler panel. Here is a screenshot from the basic 2 Deck Skin

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 2:28 pm
Notice the "Sampler Panel" right below the "Effect Panel" in the Upper Lefthand Corner of the Virtual Mix Deck. That Panel is missing in the 4 Deck Skin I originally listed in my first post

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 2:30 pm

I dont think you should be calling peoples threads assenine Loco.

First of all your not even a registered user or owner of the Professional Version of Virtual DJ so please keep your comments to yourself.

How your able to post on this website is another oversight by the guys at Virtual DJ I guess LOL. You dont legitimittely own the software nor are you registered here so you shouldnt even be allowed to post here lolol

Second of all the Sampler Bank does not show you which sample is currently selected. Yes it shows you what sample is playing but it doesnt show you which sample your selecting using a dedicated sample knob on your controller.
Thats kind of an important piece of info you would want to know if your controllor has a specified knob to change between the different samples dont you think? Im not gonna map anything. This is just a simple oversight by the people who wrote the script for the skin, no big deal, but it is a nice thing to have.

I will just use the other skins that have this panel already written into the script /quote

First of all it's you're not your.

Secondly it's a open forum for all users. Thirdly, if you got down from your high horse and closer to your laptop screen, you would have realised that the mapping addition I showed you, with a small twist of the sampler volume would indicate which sample you had chosen via the sampler page, furthermore your thread is a-s-i-n-i-n-e (spell it with me now), you wanted someone else to solve your problem.

If you had asked, "I could really do with seeing which sampler slot I have selected on the 4 deck skin, how could I do this?"

I would have spent the 10 minutes (and really that's how long it would take) and you would have had code to add to your xml and a bmp to download, you may have even learnt something.

But here you are all LOLZ and bad spelling.

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 3:02 pm
Thats because DjDad was nice enough to add that to the skin, it wont be on the default skin. If you really like that feature just find a skin with that panel and get used to it and use it. Thats really all I can add.

I do agree with you though as all my skins do have the samplers showing as well. I only wish I was able to drng n drop to the samplers I have showing on my skins. Maybe in the future.........

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 3:03 pm
Thanks Beatbreaker

You da man. Yes I saw someone already suggest having a drag n drop feature for the samples, just like you can drag and drop a song onto the virtual deck. That would be nice too. The missing sampler panel doesnt bother me that much. I just thought that it was an honest oversight by the developers because its on all the other skins except the 4 deck skin

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 3:26 pm
Sorry Loco but I don't take advice from non-registered users. Please don't get offended

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 3:40 pm
80%