Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: numark mixtrack edge not working with VDJ pro

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i baught a mixtrack edge

at first VDJ pro would not recognise the controller at all, so i updated my version od VDJ and now it recognizes it as a midi controller, but still no asio shows up in the menu

i installed asio4all driver (now the unit functions fully with the bundled version of VDJ) but not with my pro version

the pro version wont recognise the asio4all driver

also the unit seems to be using my (non-DJing) computer sounds such as youtube sounds etc... through the controller, how can i stop this?

any ideas?

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 6:06 pm
The Mixtrack Edge is class compliant. It isn't an ASIO interface and doesn't require an ASIO driver. It's plug & play with Windows.

Because it's class compliant, there's no need to install ASIO4ALL (which isn't an ASIO driver anyway).

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 6:18 pm
Sound configuration should be similar to the MixTrack Pro - Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MixTrack%20Pro.html

To stop Windows playing its sounds through it, go into Windows Control Panel -> Sound and ensure that your computer's own built-in sound card is selected as the default audio playback device. Disabling Windows sounds altogether (Change the Sound Scheme to No Sounds) is recommended in your DJ'ing user''s profile.

Posted Fri 15 Nov 13 @ 5:09 am

Posted Wed 26 Feb 14 @ 11:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is no need to install that mapping file (from the link above), as long as you run the latest version of VirtualDJ. Mixtrack Edge is a natively supported midi controller .. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20Controllers.html

No ASIO4all is necessary either. The unit is class compliant - no drivers needed. In case you have issues on pre-listening, despite the fact that you have the correct Sound Setup (Inputs=None, Outputs=Headphones, Sound card=4.1 - Numark USB or similar name), then take a look here..

Posted Wed 26 Feb 14 @ 2:30 pm
Hola buenas, alguna buena persona me podria enviar el mapping a mi correo por favor, no me deja enviarlo desde aqui porque dice que mis derechos actuales no me lo permiten ?? pues eso.... muchas gracias de antemano
[Removed]

[Sorry, posting E-mail addresses and other contact details is not permitted for unlicensed home users. Please read the forum rules]

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 3:51 am
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the correct language forum: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/12/Spanish_Forum.html

Please also DO NOT ask users to send you files to which you are not currently entitled. Mappers are only available to registered licensed users who have either purchased VirtualDJ v8 Infinity or a monthly VirtualDJ v8 Pro subscription. Nobody will illegally send you this mapper or any other add-on.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 4:01 am
Is it possible to use Virtual Dj LE with Numark Mixtrack Edge on a Win 7 64bit? It doesn't work on my pc! I've done everything, including the installation on Numark link (http://www.numark.com/virtualdjleupdate). Nothing works! I don't know what to do. Can someone give me a help?

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 12:26 pm
So the LE version accepts your LE serial, launches , but you have no control of the software from the controller ?

Some common troubleshooting..
Try a different USB port and a different USB cable
Disable (from Device Manager) your web camera, bluetooth, wifi or any Logiteck hardware (including their drivers)
See if the Home Free version of VirtualDJ properly detects the unit (version 7 or 8) http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 12:35 pm
Thanks djdad! I'm going to try your sugestions and give you a feedback!

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 1:01 pm
Nothing works. When we plug mixtrack edge, how many functions are supposed to stay lighted?

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 4:38 pm

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 10:02 am
robrizLE userMember since 2014
Hi. I bought a Numark Mixtrack Edge in July. It worked great till a couple of weeks ago. Now it seems the master plug doesn't work, I mean music doesn't play in the speakers. A couple of time appears a display with error sound card etc..
Somebody can help me?
Thanks

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 4:03 pm
Hi, i have the Mixtrack Edge all set up with the included virtual dj LE software. My issue is that I have USB speakers, which shouldn't be an issue. When i go into configurations in VDJLE, there is an option to use 2 sound cards, and route the master to the speakers and headphone to mixtrack edge. BUT, after clicking apply nothing happens. Opening the config options again, the options reset themselves to use the mixtrack edge for everything. Is there a way to use the mixtrack edge with my usb speakers?

The virtual DJ LE software works fine with the USB speakers set to master when the mixtrack edge isn't connected. Thoughts?

Edit I'm on a mac

Posted Sat 24 Jan 15 @ 9:33 pm
HipstaControlleristMember since 2015
Similar problem here with the Edge. Is it mandatory to run VDJ LE? I downloaded vdj8 before I got the controller, got it up and running, purchased my licence for the Edge, seemed to do everything right, but it's completely unresponsive. Suggestions?

Update: I switched usb ports, browsing, pitching etc seems to be working, but transport controls don't work; when I press play, the waveform on the display just jiggles a bit and manual controls (mouse) are disabled, also the "shift" button is not responding if I try to turn it off, hence the stutter? What's up with that?!

Posted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 2:06 pm
Hipsta wrote :
...when I press play, the waveform on the display just jiggles a bit

This indicates that the selected sound card is not available or cannot initialize.

A screenshot of your Audio configuration could help.

Posted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 2:35 pm
HipstaControlleristMember since 2015
Thanks, following your advice, I re-checked the audio settings and it had switched from the Edge to the "internal soundcard". I switched it back, hit apply and it seems to be working. Thank you:)

Posted Tue 09 Jun 15 @ 2:56 pm
i have virtual dj 7 pro and numark mixtrack pro and my PC has windows xp...when i connect the controller a sound like piano sounds in virtual dj 7 pro...what can i do to play music without piano sound...?

Posted Wed 26 Aug 15 @ 4:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)